What's new

Most annoying new vehicle feature

with stupid air suspension
Another one...

RAM's 1500 air suspension system. Great in the summer, doesn't work in the winter and should have never been sold in the northern states. Countless times I'd go to leave the house and the truck was sitting on it's bump stops. The compressor would freeze and pop it's fuse. I'd have to keep a bag of fuses in the console and it would take sometimes an hour to get the compressor unthawed (it's right next to the exhaust). Frustrating when you have to be somewhere on time, like work.

I ripped all that out eventually and installed regular coilovers/coils/shocks.

Tiny beer windows that are built into the back glass. Overly complicated stupidity.

Theres a trim piece on the back corner of ford truck, that get ripped out by a automated car wash. Have to remove the back glass to replace it... which is glued in.

So dont wash your $80k stupid duty or you'll have to replace the back glass :laughing:

Sunroofs.

I don't mind all the new electronic trickery but FML it seems like no one can make a sunroof that doesn't let water in. Couple that with the decision to put computers on the floor, you've got problems. It seems impossible to find a car that doesn't have a sunroof on it from the factory.

So yeah, they all leak and either destroy a wiring harness (instant death) or some other random component because water is all over everything now.
My last three cars had power sunroofs and none of them leaked. Did you remember to close it when it rains?:flipoff2:

Reverse lights that turn on for anything other than the vehicle being in reverse
Dings or beeps on startup - and no one puts their seatbelt on before starting the car, stop making it ding for that
Radar cruise control - see people stacked up behind a slow driver with no idea they are doing it. Get on their ass, flash your lights and make them move
Parking sensors that go full warning for any distance over 6"

Tiny beer windows that are built into the back glass. Overly complicated stupidity.

Theres a trim piece on the back corner of ford truck, that get ripped out by a automated car wash. Have to remove the back glass to replace it... which is glued in.

So dont wash your $80k stupid duty or you'll have to replace the back glass :laughing:
more detail?

more detail?

Keep in mind I've never done it...

Theres a trim piece on the back top corner, where the pillar and roof meet. The trim is riveted under the glass. So it gets peeled and twisted up. In order to replace trim, rear glass has to be removed. Apparently it's a crap shoot if they can pull it without breaking. It's all one piece with the rails for the worthless beer window glued to the whole pane.

the tech for the local glass company told me he's at the dealership weekly. Make ready runs the trucks through the carwash. The complimentary car wash for the oil change, service, etc.

I know a ford dealer tech who confirmed the stupidity.

Damn, I'm glad I only drive old stuff.
It's crazy to hear people complain about these gadgets you paid so much for, only to turn most of them off or wishing for the manual/basic version instead.
Because they always seem to bundle it with the stuff you actually want. Or that's what was in the lot.

A la carte needs to make a serious comeback.i hate bundles.

Theres a trim piece on the back top corner, where the pillar and roof meet. The trim is riveted under the glass. So it gets peeled and twisted up. In order to replace trim, rear glass has to be removed. Apparently it's a crap shoot if they can pull it without breaking. It's all one piece with the rails for the worthless beer window glued to the whole pane.

the tech for the local glass company told me he's at the dealership weekly. Make ready runs the trucks through the carwash. The complimentary car wash for the oil change, service, etc.

Just windshield sealant the new trim piece on. :flipoff2:

SOP on shit with unavailible trim and broken retaining tabs.

Smash it with that little excavator. Fuck that power tailgate.
I'd like to. Today it acts like nothing ever happened. :confused: ... When I left work yesterday it was still doing it as I left work. I haven't used the dash switch yet today. I suspect something is going on with that (or maybe the truck firmware?) as I never use it but I did yesterday before this shit started happening.

Couldn't figure out how to turn off the lane stay feature on my rental Hyundai the other. Several times I just gave up and let the car bounce between the lines for a bit. Damm thing hates gentle turns

Couldn't figure out how to turn off the lane stay feature on my rental Hyundai the other. Several times I just gave up and let the car bounce between the lines for a bit. Damm thing hates gentle turns
Do this?

slippery-wet-car-sign-x-w8-5.png

I'd like to. Today it acts like nothing ever happened. :confused: ... When I left work yesterday it was still doing it as I left work. I haven't used the dash switch yet today. I suspect something is going on with that (or maybe the truck firmware?) as I never use it but I did yesterday before this shit started happening.
Who the hell needs a power tailgate in a truck anyway? Maybe someone who needs the truck to hold their dick for them while they pee.

Sunroofs.

I don't mind all the new electronic trickery but FML it seems like no one can make a sunroof that doesn't let water in. Couple that with the decision to put computers on the floor, you've got problems. It seems impossible to find a car that doesn't have a sunroof on it from the factory.

So yeah, they all leak and either destroy a wiring harness (instant death) or some other random component because water is all over everything now.
Generally how convertibles go, I'll stick with a hard top.

Who the hell needs a power tailgate in a truck anyway? Maybe someone who needs the truck to hold their dick for them while they pee.
You never seen a chain binder welded to the side of a dumpster to help cram the door closed? :laughing:

A coworker has a new super duty and runs it through the carwash weekly, he says if it's someplace like Delta Sonic, have them use the convertible setting.

Aaron Z

Nobody. And I'm fine with a manual gate to hold my dick. :flipoff2: This pos was possible to ignore until it started misbehaving. I'm just glad it didn't have the silly step as well.

Edit: update, used the truck all day and not one foul word from that stupid fucking gate after it wouldn't shut up all day yesterday. No rain. Opened and closed it several times. Suddenly it works fine. :confused:

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh