What's new

MNR 4600 class 2021 U4 Bronco build

Saving every piece complete and not broken to see about recouping some money selling bits and pieces, have a hard top bumpers every piece of plastic for sale if you ever see somebody looking for a part. Front and rear axles with e-lockers, factory suspension. I think 2big bronco needs the tow hitch.
BBE4E97D-3FE3-4BF8-9B72-934AB36E8A9C.jpeg
D9789468-9CDF-4F6C-B976-DC3D4F0956DF.jpeg
I already aquired a tow hitch. Did yours come with a 7 pin conector?

At a minimum the Ranger is leaf sprung in the rear and the Bronco is linked. So easy might be a relative term.

I realize that, but adding leaf pads is probably a lot easier than adapting different wheel sensors, brake lines, odd driveshaft flanges, ect. If everything else bolts up, it would be pretty sweet.

Saving every piece complete and not broken to see about recouping some money selling bits and pieces, have a hard top bumpers every piece of plastic for sale if you ever see somebody looking for a part. Front and rear axles with e-lockers, factory suspension. I think 2big bronco needs the tow hitch.
BBE4E97D-3FE3-4BF8-9B72-934AB36E8A9C.jpeg
D9789468-9CDF-4F6C-B976-DC3D4F0956DF.jpeg

What's the rules on body mods in the stock class? I'd cut the entire inner structure out of that body until I had just enough left to hang body panels on and then brace what's left to the cage so it stays rigid.

I know you're not allowed to modify the wheel wells in that class but is there a rule for everything above that? Gotta explore every gray area there is when building "stock class" vehicles. :smokin:

What's the rules on body mods in the stock class? I'd cut the entire inner structure out of that body until I had just enough left to hang body panels on and then brace what's left to the cage so it stays rigid.

looks like the swiss cheese approach is a no go. inner fenders have to remain and unmodified. basically rollcage is the only reason for holes/mods

1667952258764.png

Yeah I talked to Bailey about this quite a bit. The factory rollcage is part of the body and can't be removed. That's why all the broncos have essentially two roll cages, the factory one and the actual race rollcage.

I know ow your not allowed to modify the wheel wells in that class but is there a rule for everything above that? Gotta explore every gray area there is when building "stock class" vehicles. :smokin:
The rule is, no body mods. I can’t cut anything out. Part of the glory of this Bronco. The inner fender wells.

It came with coilovers and they land in a good place outside the wheel wells already.

looks like the swiss cheese approach is a no go. inner fenders have to remain and unmodified. basically rollcage is the only reason for holes/mods

1667952258764.png

Well that blows!

I hope they are allowed to hack out the factory cage structure all the way to the A pillar. If not, that thing is going to end up a fat pig that can't get out of its own way if it weights 4700lbs now and a ton of weight in saftey gear needs to be added to it.

The rule is, no body mods. I can’t cut anything out. Part of the glory of this Bronco. The inner fender wells.

It came with coilovers and they land in a good place outside the wheel wells already.

So all the JKs and JKU's in that class have 2 cages also?

Yeah I talked to Bailey about this quite a bit. The factory rollcage is part of the body and can't be removed. That's why all the broncos have essentially two roll cages, the factory one and the actual race rollcage.

So all the JKs and JKU's in that class have 2 cages also?
Stay tuned. What if I have it in writing that removing the cage from this is the same as removing the cage from a TJ/LJ JK/JL? The cage is coming out of this one and getting replaced with a nice 2” cage, just one.

Stay tuned. What if I have it in writing that removing the cage from this is the same as removing the cage from a TJ/LJ JK/JL? The cage is coming out of this one and getting replaced with a nice 2” cage, just one.

Good deal! :smokin:

I was thinking the same thing about factory Jeep cages. If they can do it you should be able to as well. Bye-bye B pillar, looks like part of the cage to me. :grinpimp:

I was going to mention exactly this. Any sort of webbing or double wall would come out. I’d imagine you could damn near offset the weight of a cage.

Who is head of Tech for KOH these days?

Top Back Refresh