What's new

MNR 4600 class 2021 U4 Bronco build

What the F are you talking about? It does have tubular front structure heavily attached to the frame with a cast aluminum core support. I don’t know what you think you’re seeing but there is 0 plastic in these two pictures
E07005CA-BB41-4FD5-A6F5-4A012E1018BE.jpeg
E7564C3D-AE43-436C-82F2-2BBE90A9BCBA.jpeg
Crazy to see where they put the intercooler. Will you end up keeping that aluminum core support? What about the brakes, will you have to keep the ABS and all the sensors associated with it? What brake setup will you go with?

Crazy to see where they put the intercooler. Will you end up keeping that aluminum core support? What about the brakes, will you have to keep the ABS and all the sensors associated with it? What brake setup will you go with?
We have to keep the aluminum core support but we are going to protect ours with a bumper tied into the cage.

It will still have vacuum assisted brakes but we’ll have willwood calipers and rotors all the way around. ABS is gone we won’t have that. No wheel speed sensors or anything.

Last edited:
You would think by now that we’d be past using torx bolts. At least since it’s brand new they mostly came right out. We ended up having to take the body completely off of it to get some of the unnecessary stuff out. Glad we did though.
6395600B-A0C5-4DE3-AF10-83A1769DC871.jpeg
Is it possible these are Torx Plus?

Agreed, one of the reasons I will never build a jeep again despite hating my Toyota damn near as much as torx bolts LOL

That front end is pretty crazy stock!
I had forgotten about all the torx on Jeeps until you said that. I hated them when I had mine. I'd be replacing them all on that Bronco as well.

I agree on the front end, I was surprised at the sub-structure.

JR4X

After tearing one down 100% whats your opinion on how they come factory? So far ive been very surprised at how user friendly they seem to be to work on, and I havnt seen anything that I thought was designed poorly.

JR4X

After tearing one down 100% whats your opinion on how they come factory? So far ive been very surprised at how user friendly they seem to be to work on, and I havnt seen anything that I thought was designed poorly.
Love it. We all hate that we had to disassemble this one but IMO it’s very well built… given the amount of nanny state stuff every manufacturer has to install in every vehicle. It’s a brick for overall construction. Frame is way overdone for a 1/4 ton vehicle.

The only thing I’m scratching my head about is the factory steering. For as well designed as the rest of it seems to be. They totally dropped the ball on the steering in pretty much every way. I don’t know how you guys are lifting them at all. On ours the ball joint’s at the knuckle are maxed out at factory full droop. The pivot point for the steering needs raised on the knuckle as is. I’d be building my own tie rods from scratch using heim joints instead ball joints if I ever get my hands on one I could keep for myself. The portals we have raise the steering pivot point at the knuckle 4 inches over stock in relation to the axle shaft when flat. So our tie rods will be at 0 angle when the rig is at ride height instead of pointing down at ride height.

Love it. We all hate that we had to disassemble this one but IMO it’s very well built… given the amount of nanny state stuff every manufacturer has to install in every vehicle. It’s a brick for overall construction. Frame is way overdone for a 1/4 ton vehicle.

The only thing I’m scratching my head about is the factory steering. For as well designed as the rest of it seems to be. They totally dropped the ball on the steering in pretty much every way. I don’t know how you guys are lifting them at all. On ours the ball joint’s at the knuckle are maxed out at factory full droop. The pivot point for the steering needs raised on the knuckle as is. I’d be building my own tie rods from scratch using heim joints instead ball joints if I ever get my hands on one I could keep for myself. The portals we have raise the steering pivot point at the knuckle 4 inches over stock in relation to the axle shaft when flat. So our tie rods will be at 0 angle when the rig is at ride height instead of pointing down at ride height.

Yeah.... I think a huge seller would be beefier knuckles with a raised steering mount. Actually that should be the first purchase anyone taking them off road should make. Hell you could probably get away with the shitty stock steering if the mounts were 2" higher.

Know anyone capable of producing them for us? Lets go in on it.

Yeah.... I think a huge seller would be beefier knuckles with a raised steering mount. Actually that should be the first purchase anyone taking them off road should make. Hell you could probably get away with the shitty stock steering if the mounts were 2" higher.

Know anyone capable of producing them for us? Lets go in on it.
There is someone working on fabricated uprights to go with fabbed arms to fix some geometry issues.

We’ve got good news about the transfer case. The output shaft of the transmission is regular old ford 31 spline. The back of the transmission has a concentric bolt circle to pattern off of. Dad is building an atlas adapter from scratch since the shaft part is simple ford stuff. No spud shaft, nothing complicated or crazy.

We’ve got good news about the transfer case. The output shaft of the transmission is regular old ford 31 spline. The back of the transmission has a concentric bolt circle to pattern off of.
That's great.

Is that true for the manual as well?

You don't have to reuse the factory mounts ?

It’s all in the wording of the rules. We are allowed to remove and replace suspension mounts. However… We cannot touch a cross member. We can weld stuff to a cross member but can’t cut it or remove it. In this case the lower a-arm mounts are cross members.

So replacing the upper a-arm mounts is the same as doing a long arm on a Jeep. Move the mount for more travel better travel etc.

Are you changing the front suspension geometry from stock at all?
Yes. A lot. Which is crazy considering how short the arms still are. The factory upper a-arms are so short it’s silly. The new upper a-arm pivot points are nowhere near the original spot.

Top Back Refresh