What's new

MNR 4600 class 2021 U4 Bronco build

Haven’t really gotten started into it yet. It’s time though. I’ve got an appointment with a guy who builds cages. He’s going to come stay with me for a couple weeks around thanksgiving and we’re going to cage it out. So I have to have it stripped by then. I’ve just been gathering parts so we have stuff to stick on it when it’s ready.

Edit: forgot to answer the question. We’re replacing 100% of the suspension and drivetrain including the brakes. The portals only fit some pretty specific brake parts. I really want try to keep the exterior camera system working but I don’t know if we’re good enough at the electrical part to pull that off
Would an aftermarket camera system fit your needs? Is it at all possible to utilize the existing cameras with aftermarket controllers?

And to ask a serious question, if you are willing to answer, if not i get it, what do you think your budget is going to be on this?

Haven’t really gotten started into it yet. It’s time though. I’ve got an appointment with a guy who builds cages. He’s going to come stay with me for a couple weeks around thanksgiving and we’re going to cage it out. So I have to have it stripped by then. I’ve just been gathering parts so we have stuff to stick on it when it’s ready.

Edit: forgot to answer the question. We’re replacing 100% of the suspension and drivetrain including the brakes. The portals only fit some pretty specific brake parts. I really want try to keep the exterior camera system working but I don’t know if we’re good enough at the electrical part to pull that off
I knew you were talking about the turbo 4 cylinder vs the other guys with the V6's. Are you going away from the turbo 4?

Sounds like a good plan of attack. Think the stock clutch will be up to task or will find out by racing it?

Drivetrain = transmission, tcase, axles
Powertrail = engine + drivetrain.

If we want to get technical.

Would an aftermarket camera system fit your needs? Is it at all possible to utilize the existing cameras with aftermarket controllers?

And to ask a serious question, if you are willing to answer, if not i get it, what do you think your budget is going to be on this?
Can’t answer the budget question yet but when it’s done I will. I don’t know about cameras. But I do have enough experience with them to know that they are far more valuable than I thought.

Anyone making a Tazr type product for the Broncos yet? Plug into the BCM and muck about with some settings.

I don’t know what that is 🤔

For the new Jeeps, plugs into the gateway module and tricks the BCM. You can change axle ratio, t-case ratio, turn off a bunch of stuff like the axle disco, lockers in 4hi, all kinds of stuff. Z Automotive is the company. I’d be really surprised if someone wasn’t making something similar for the Broncos yet.

For the new Jeeps, plugs into the gateway module and tricks the BCM. You can change axle ratio, t-case ratio, turn off a bunch of stuff like the axle disco, lockers in 4hi, all kinds of stuff. Z Automotive is the company. I’d be really surprised if someone wasn’t making something similar for the Broncos yet.

If the new Fords are using the same protocols as the 2011+ Fords there is a Windows based tool called Forscan.

Have to buy a subscription but allows you to modify/ make some changes in the various modules.

Its cheap and all you need is a good Bluetooth OBDII dongle.

Might be worth looking into.

Time to step up your game

Screenshot_20221107-124557_Samsung Internet.jpg

That's actually a pretty good deal for what it is.

This is our starting weight. Weighed it with the top off because we won’t be running it with the top ever. Weight loss beginning immediately. It’s a little piggy 🐷
71333043-16B2-4426-B28B-76F8E7885713.jpeg
Was hoping you were going to weigh it before tearing it apart.

Damn 4700lbs for a 2 door with no top and some aluminum body parts it's pretty heavy :laughing:

Can you strip enough to be around that wieght race ready?

Was hoping you were going to weigh it before tearing it apart.
We figured out pretty quick those scales are worth the money. We actually use them as we go to balance the rigs front to back left to right. You can make some pretty big changes moving the fuel cell or battery or spare tire or tool bags around before mounting them permanently

Damn 4700lbs for a 2 door with no top and some aluminum body parts it's pretty heavy :laughing:

Can you strip enough to be around that wieght race ready?
We’ll know in about 2 months. I’m hoping for less than that but we’ll see

We figured out pretty quick those scales are worth the money. We actually use them as we go to balance the rigs front to back left to right. You can make some pretty big changes moving the fuel cell or battery or spare tire or tool bags around before mounting them permanently
Very cool and figured you’d take a more weight centric approach complete with scale info.

That weight is nuts for a bone stock rig. I'm curious how much you are able to shed. I think you said the factory ones have a 200lb wiring harness in them. There's got to be a lot of weight in the HVAC system, ABS, and the 800 electrical modules hiding everywhere.

Will you be able to use the factory "cage" as part of your cage or will you have to build cage under it? If you have to build a cage can you get rid of any of the factory stuff?

Saving every piece complete and not broken to see about recouping some money selling bits and pieces, have a hard top bumpers every piece of plastic for sale if you ever see somebody looking for a part. Front and rear axles with e-lockers, factory suspension. I think 2big bronco needs the tow hitch.
BBE4E97D-3FE3-4BF8-9B72-934AB36E8A9C.jpeg
D9789468-9CDF-4F6C-B976-DC3D4F0956DF.jpeg

If the new Fords are using the same protocols as the 2011+ Fords there is a Windows based tool called Forscan.

Have to buy a subscription but allows you to modify/ make some changes in the various modules.

Its cheap and all you need is a good Bluetooth OBDII dongle.

Might be worth looking into.
I have that, you actually only need a subscription if you want to do things like program keys and then you can get a free one that lasts for a month or two and they'll re-up it at any time.
You can do quite a lot in turning features and functions on and off, you can also set tire sizes and oodles of other things.

Aaron Z

Top Back Refresh