What's new

MMW Dana 300 waiting list

I do t think any of his publicity helped in the past few months.

But anyways son of a gun. Had a full deposit for a case.

I made it to number 15 or 17 I think.

How did you get that message?

$250k in labor? What does he have to show for $250k of labor? This is $120/hr at 40 hours a week for 52 weeks a year. How the hell do you ‘spend’ $250k on labor and not deliver 52 cases a year, or not have receipts to show what you spent it on so you don’t go to jail for stealing people’s money? You know house payments were made with this money.

I do t think any of his publicity helped in the past few months.

But anyways son of a gun. Had a full deposit for a case.

I made it to number 15 or 17 I think.

How did you get that message?
From the "MMW Still Waiting" group on Facebook.

$250k in labor? What does he have to show for $250k of labor? This is $120/hr at 40 hours a week for 52 weeks a year. How the hell do you ‘spend’ $250k on labor and not deliver 52 cases a year, or not have receipts to show what you spent it on so you don’t go to jail for stealing people’s money? You know house payments were made with this money.
4 people at $30 and hour is roughly $250k. He did have employees up to some point. Last year was 2022 I'd guess.

Regardless not an excuse and doesn't help stating that either.

4 people at $30 and hour is roughly $250k. He did have employees up to some point. Last year was 2022 I'd guess.

Regardless not an excuse and doesn't help stating that either.
WOW. You still give him the benefit of doubt.

Just gotta say, ive seen this epic shop building leading edge parts fuck customers over since redline keith straight up robbed people. It amazes me that this crap still happens.

As said earlier, a lot of these small shops use pre-sales to fund procurement in lieu of actually getting financing from a bank. It's a giant house of cards. Most states have a maximum deposit amount for any job / product. A good bullshit detection method is how big the deposit is. Anything over 1% of the total price is likely never going to happen in my experience.

You can be a decent machinist and a horrible business person at the same time.

TL;DR:
  • Torq "Doug's Axles"
  • MMW D300
  • USA6x6 "Daniel"
  • Behemoth
  • Charlie Wenzel

WOW. You still give him the benefit of doubt.

Just gotta say, ive seen this epic shop building leading edge parts fuck customers over since redline keith straight up robbed people. It amazes me that this crap still happens.

Nope. No doubt. he did have employees and sure they paid something. keep emotion straight from reality.

I'm not throwing baseless accusations.

There was been worse rip offs.

I could get all pissy and bitch about it but it's not gonna change anything. I could call him a bunch of names but it still gonna be the same effect. My moneys spent and the only thing I can do is try the card company to try and get a refund.

The only other thing I can do is looks at what he screwed up and make notes. See that type of business again then be more careful.

Even with MMW I waited quite awhile after he opened to see if they would stick around and things seemed to be going well. I got sucked into the announcement of materials were going up Xyz amount and then placed an order.

Nope. No doubt. he did have employees and sure they paid something. keep emotion straight from reality.

I'm not throwing baseless accusations.

There was been worse rip offs.

I could get all pissy and bitch about it but it's not gonna change anything. I could call him a bunch of names but it still gonna be the same effect. My moneys spent and the only thing I can do is try the card company to try and get a refund.

The only other thing I can do is looks at what he screwed up and make notes. See that type of business again then be more careful.

Even with MMW I waited quite awhile after he opened to see if they would stick around and things seemed to be going well. I got sucked into the announcement of materials were going up Xyz amount and then placed an order.
Dollar to a dime he never bought material.

What TMI is doing soo far is legit af to me. His machines (or at least the pallet changer horizontal mill) are exactly what you want for this application and hes approaching the market the right way. IMO. Refreshing to say the least. The first time i heard of mmw all i got was red flags. Same as behemoth.

It was red flags for me as well but I got sucked in as 3 buddies got their cases and they work well.

He also bought a pallet stacker cnc machine and that was a flag for me as well. The price bump pitch drew me into putting money down. 3 buddies got theirs so it seemed legit.

Materials was in his shop. It all got butchered or came in wrong but it was there.

I fully agree that TMI has a proper business model and look forward to seeing their product.

its a mother fucker though. one hand you crazy excited about a case that will work. maybe you feel a little weird paying up front. but all excided. i get that for sure. i hope you can get a refund.

As said earlier, a lot of these small shops use pre-sales to fund procurement in lieu of actually getting financing from a bank. It's a giant house of cards. Most states have a maximum deposit amount for any job / product. A good bullshit detection method is how big the deposit is. Anything over 1% of the total price is likely never going to happen in my experience.

You can be a decent machinist and a horrible business person at the same time.

TL;DR:
  • Torq "Doug's Axles"
  • MMW D300
  • USA6x6 "Daniel"
  • Behemoth
  • Charlie Wenzel

Behemoth now seems to be great since they got bought out. The original Behemoth deal in the PBB days though...

Im just st amused he spent quarter mil on labor, and produced nothing.
He produced cases for popular YouTube wheelers so he could secure MORE funding up front. The guy had an excellent IDEA for how to run the business and generate income. It just failed when everyone online was looking for their case.

Did anyone ever go by the place? Old PBB days would have seen this guy’s house visited a few times by pissed off members.

I guess no one should be shocked. 65% of new businesses fail within 10 years.....and almost half in the first 5. Probably wise to keep that in mind when paying in full, up front with a start up. Lord knows I've done it too.....TWF with 2 Hero cases for $10K in my case....glad that didn't go south as 10K isn't chump change to me. Lesson learned for all of us.

He produced cases for popular YouTube wheelers so he could secure MORE funding up front. The guy had an excellent IDEA for how to run the business and generate income. It just failed when everyone online was looking for their case.
I have to disagree here. His idea may have been good, but his business practices failed in the end as the bankruptcy proves. He ran the business into the ground and took his reputation with it.

I have to disagree here. His idea may have been good, but his business practices failed in the end as the bankruptcy proves. He ran the business into the ground and took his reputation with it.

I though he used the money to open his new business. I swear there was something somewhere where he's got a new business going already

If that's the case he def needs his knees broken.
Yep. This!

The portal-tech dude did that, made the leap from a failed portal-tech to Torq axles without anyone noticing and then got away with a second round of pillaging people’s money. I’m not on the list of people who got screwed by MMW so I’m not in the mix. But if he already started a new biz I hope the people he did screw make sure the new never gets off the ground.

It would be good to know the name of said business

Yes

Wenzel that new business before it even makes it off the ground. Fuck that guy.

Taking people's money, not delivering product, and then filing bankruptcy is sleazy as fuck. Guy should suffer for his poor decisions for a VERY long time and I hope his sleazy reputation follows him around and affects him negatively for the rest of his shitty life.

C85E40E5-FD1A-474F-AFB8-CCB037B845B9.png

I stumbled upon this info this morning.

If nothing else, maybe a means of getting ahold of the guy that owes.
Bring this to the top, for those who are wondering. I need to dig in deeper but I’m curious if he’s still moving forward with this plan.

LLC…so his personal finances are protected. Definitely fuck that guy’s world up.

I though he used the money to open his new business. I swear there was something somewhere where he's got a new business going already

The fact he couldn't open up a line of credit, with 50+ pre orders... speaks volumes on his character. Need to steal money to fund his next ponzi-esque scheme.

As my lawyer put it when I filed for an LLC, your personal shit is only protected if you follow everything to a T. If you don't, it's pretty easy to pierce the corporate veil.
Exactly.

And if you're doing all of the "claim your personal shit as business shit as much as you can" that the legalese-illiterate boomers around here peddle well then guess what.... The veil is basically nonexistent.

An LLC for a personal business should be viewed as a tax strategy, not legal protection.

As my lawyer put it when I filed for an LLC, your personal shit is only protected if you follow everything to a T. If you don't, it's pretty easy to pierce the corporate veil.
Hopefully the lawyer you’re paying for helps you follow everything to a T.

Top Back Refresh