What's new

MMW Dana 300 waiting list

By a guy who wasnt checking tolerances. I would imagine the bearing bore centerlines are done on the same operation but who knows? They aint machining that thing in one operation and the more operations done the more chances of fucking it up. What needs to be done now is a good dimensional inspection of the machined cases. IMO.
What I was told is that the part were checked by Rob and that's how he figured it out and those parts did not go out.

The key is to schedule communication time into your day. "as needed" kills your productivity. Letting your customers know that your phone call/email time is from 1p to 2p daily keeps you on task.

I've been chatting with a business owner friend in CO recently, on Messenger. Avoiding the call, since I KNOW he will chat for 2 hours and get nothing done. Awesome guy, but gets caught up in the "now" and not the "schedule' and ends up behind. (tho, he has far improved from a few years ago)

Even with my websites, I try to manage my admin time so I don't get sucked into the black hole. Customers have this 24/7/365 mentality and that doesn't work with a small business...
Exactly what I told him. Check emails between 9-10. Work and then do phone calls from 5-6 or whatever time works best. But do it on a schedule. Or emails and phone on Friday and the rest of the week is working.

I have the same understanding. No feedback from anyone.
Not very confidence inspiring honestly.

It's like $4500 starting price and comes with a no HP tire size limit and a 2 year warranty. I'm betting it's a good bit bigger than a D300 varient case and is 205 or bigger sized. I don't know anyone running their axles either but apparently they build D70 and 80 40 spline bolt in units for popular applications.

I don't hear anything bad which piques my curiosity. I'm unsure if they just haven't caught on or what.

It's like $4500 starting price and comes with a no HP tire size limit and a 2 year warranty. I'm betting it's a good bit bigger than a D300 varient case and is 205 or bigger sized. I don't know anyone running their axles either but apparently they build D70 and 80 40 spline bolt in units for popular applications.

I don't hear anything bad which piques my curiosity. I'm unsure if they just haven't caught on or what.
Wasn't there a guy on here building a powerwagon crawler racetruck thing at one point that was using one. I don't think the truck is finished, but he might be able to share some thoughts on it.

This one: Power Wagon Crawler

When I was working there I would spend about a hour in the morning answering emails. Then assemble all day when I had parts. Then the last 1 hour 1.5 of the day returning phone calls. Then 24/7 answering the messenger. Which the wife hated. When I left in October I was replace with Tony who wasn't a car guy and didn't really seem to care and left for job with benefits. Now it's just rob and the job market I sheridan isn't friendly to small employers we have lots of large manufacturing companies.

I'm hoping rob can maybe track help down from the college that has good welding and machine programs. Myself I miss working there. I will still help people as I can but dont actively hunt post and web sites like when i was working there. Rob is still my friend and sucks to see him struggle. But for the good of my family I had to go back to the oilfield to keep my bills paid and afford my project car adhd on the side.

Last edited:
My buddy has one but hasn't run it yet. It appears nicely made; I'll get his opinion and share here.
I'm only interested in actual wheeling feedback.

Looks good and well made isn't valuable feedback IMO. See MMW cases.

Woody, steernstuff would have the most wheeling experience on here they beat the hell out of the in jhf trail chassis's

No skin in the game here, but after reading weasels post, here's my take.

Dude comes up with a plan to bring something to market, people buy in. Orders exceed his ability to fulfil, then choices are made, such as hiring a CNC operator who doesn't check parts, that don't work out, and you have one very frustrated business owner trying to figure out how to make it right.

I can see someone getting buried in this.

I'm no where local to this, but if a capable person stepped up with a "recovery plan" which would have to have some form of compensation obviously, I think it could probably be successful. One guy trying to do it alone is a nightmare.

No skin in the game here, but after reading weasels post, here's my take.

Dude comes up with a plan to bring something to market, people buy in. Orders exceed his ability to fulfil, then choices are made, such as hiring a CNC operator who doesn't check parts, that don't work out, and you have one very frustrated business owner trying to figure out how to make it right.
Orders overwhelmed his expectations, he didn't shut it down fast enough and he wound up with a huge backlog and rolled the dice on the first button pusher with a pulse who turned out to be shit.

Maybe he should have farmed them out. IDK what the profit margin on the case is vs the profit margin on a CNC shop. He might have wound up making a bunch of cases at cost or thereabout but at least orders would have been filled. IDK if his margin could support that though and hindsight is 20-20

Seems like raising his prices would have helped some. Higher profit margin per case and it would have stemmed demand somewhat. Just selling parts and not getting wrapped up in other businesses lead times would have helped.

I still can't figure out why these became so popular? Isn't a fully built t-case more expensive than an atlas? I know the smaller size helps, but guys have been making atlas cases fit for awhile now. The lead time issue from AA doesn't seem to be an issue anymore if your waiting a year for a MMW case. The strength claims seem a bit dubious at best.

...rolled the dice on the first button pusher with a pulse who turned out to be shit.

Maybe he should have farmed them out. IDK what the profit margin on the case is vs the profit margin on a CNC shop. He might have wound up making a bunch of cases at cost or thereabout but at least orders would have been filled. IDK if his margin could support that though and hindsight is 20-20
Profit went out the window when Johnny button pusher porked thousands of dollars in material that he's apparently struggling to get replaced. I know material cost and availability has been crazy for a few years now.

I still can't figure out why these became so popular? Isn't a fully built t-case more expensive than an atlas? I know the smaller size helps, but guys have been making atlas cases fit for awhile now. The lead time issue from AA doesn't seem to be an issue anymore if your waiting a year for a MMW case. The strength claims seem a bit dubious at best.
I don't understand buying them fully built either.

The replace-a-case that I have was perfect, since I already had $$ into a 32-spline front output, a 32-spline rear output, and a set of 4:1 gears (haven't used those, but still have them). Dimensionally, the MMW is marginally larger than the stock D300, so if you already have an existing setup the changes to install are minimal (ie: driveshafts or seat clearance). Additionally, the smaller form factor of the MMW versus an Atlas is helpful, I couldn't fit an Atlas in my buggy easily. (The Behemoth wouldn't fit either, the cam-shifting design would interfere with the passenger seat)

At the time MMW came out, Behemoth was a shitshow (they are far better now) and Atlas lead times were ridiculous.

At the time MMW came out, Behemoth was a shitshow (they are far better now) and Atlas lead times were ridiculous.
I just got another one built last week.
They ended up being faster to build than originally stated.

For me it was size, weight (20 Lbs lighter than an Atlas), and half the leadtime of AA that was advertised at the time of my purchase. When you are trying to build a light and compact buggy it had appeal, but for other applications, not so much. A big part of the reason I was willing to pay the $1000 premium was the lead time advantage they claimed that completely ended up fucking me.

I don't understand buying them fully built either.

The replace-a-case that I have was perfect, since I already had $$ into a 32-spline front output, a 32-spline rear output, and a set of 4:1 gears (haven't used those, but still have them). Dimensionally, the MMW is marginally larger than the stock D300, so if you already have an existing setup the changes to install are minimal (ie: driveshafts or seat clearance). Additionally, the smaller form factor of the MMW versus an Atlas is helpful, I couldn't fit an Atlas in my buggy easily. (The Behemoth wouldn't fit either, the cam-shifting design would interfere with the passenger seat)

I don't have a 300 so that's why I went for a full case. And yes on the others, and it's sorta local.

For me it was size, weight (20 Lbs lighter than an Atlas), and half the leadtime of AA that was advertised at the time of my purchase. When you are trying to build a light and compact buggy it had appeal, but for other applications, not so much. A big part of the reason I was willing to pay the $1000 premium was the lead time advantage they claimed that completely ended up fucking me.
I think this is the real draw for small, light buggies: They need the smaller, lighter cases but still want gearing options, front dig and strength. Recreational crawling has been diverging for quite a while....from U4 style, to rock bouncers to ultra small/light portals for much more technical crawling.....the higher HP guys typically can fit a bigger case, and they need the extra mass to keep the cases together.

Last edited:
The portal guys don’t need a crazy beefy case to survive. Most of the new portal comp or trail buggies are getting away with D300’s hence the MMW thing taking off like wild fire.

The portal guys don’t need a crazy beefy case to survive. Most of the new portal comp or trail buggies are getting away with D300’s hence the MMW thing taking off like wild fire.
And that's what I meant....they don't need a race case Atlas or a Hero, etc....which is why the D300 makes a lot of sense; it's not the strongest case out there but for its size vs. Toyota or Suzuki cases, it's got front dig and reasonable beef; especially with portals...ITMS.

Last edited:
3C12997C-04AB-464D-881D-4F30D67EBFF1.jpeg

This is where my rear output fork is landing on low range detent. Barely catching the cogs on the output shaft.

I’m taking some measurements I’ll post up. Hopefully someone here can shed some light.

This is after I relocated the fork on the rail.

The guy that refused to measure parts was also one of our friends, it always ended screwing me on the assemble side. Firing him made a mess of all our friendships. One thing that really didn't help matters was JB conversions not doing much for dana 300 parts for most of 2021. I scramble like hell to find different options but most gear and shaft makers didn't want to get into liability of automotive parts or wanted such huge orders before they would do them that a small business couldn't swing them.

i just tried to build one on advance adapters and it came in at 3200. not sure what i did vice what he is selling. trail series.
If you buy 20 of them at once you get some better pricing.
Also, not sure those include the shifters

Nope and no responses back. Considering another drive up north. I get the over whelming but you have to talk to people.

Man, this sucks. It would be nice to have more good tcase options from companies that can actually deliver product in a timely manner.

Top Back Refresh