What's new

Matt's Off Road Recovery.

Yes, discussing these (potentially entertaining) folks who wish to make their living as entertainers. I'm aware of their propensity to fabricate drama to drive interest to get "clicks, likes, & subscribes" to increase marketability and therefore income. So, more power to them, but I'm not emotionally invested in those professional charlatans.

You, however, appear almost fanatically invested in them.

. . . like "I can tell you what sweater Angela Lansbury wore in episode 7 of Murder, She Wrote" level of commitment :laughing:

By any chance, are you related or connected to any of them?
It’s purple…..
A7EC9A3D-62FC-4737-87CF-7E0263305751.jpeg

The pink I thought looked better…. Accented
Angela’s eyes…. Purple just kind of washed them out!!!!!

I don't watch every episode, but I do enjoy binge watching from time to time.
Has it been mentioned what happened to Trevor? I know Tom Tom moved to Hurricane to work there full time. I guess as Trevor's replacement??

Has it been mentioned what happened to Trevor? I know Tom Tom moved to Hurricane to work there full time. I guess as Trevor's replacement??
I think they said they just moved along, no hard feelings. Trevor and the other guy that was mildly entertaining to watch. Probably asked for a raise and got shit canned, especially if they weren't members of the tribe. :laughing:

Trevor went back to his old job as a lineman. I liked Trevor, and I like Tom-Tom so no entertainment loss for me.

:smokin: I imagine that pays at least 3x what he was getting running a tow truck. He was already used to going out at night so no change there. Good for him.

Can't ever fault a man for doing better for himself! I'd bet it's a blast working a job like that but like my daddy said "Fun don't pay the bills!"

:smokin: I imagine that pays at least 3x what he was getting running a tow truck. He was already used to going out at night so no change there. Good for him.
I'd bet that the pace of making TV can be a grind and while he was a 'star' he didn't own the show, so while I have heard that Matt pays well and is a decent person, but for Trevor, having a regular gig, retirement, steady work and, because he is telegenic he may start his own thing in time.

Trevor showed up in one of Hunter Goodrich's (ex Sparks Motors employee) videos a couple weeks ago.

I've called him out a few times on his sketchy fabricobbling in the YouTube comments. Even got a response from him once or twice. I don't want to see him or anyone fail, but when you won't take suggestions or constructive criticism, then I will smirk when you fail like I said you would.
Examples of what you pointed out? I know there was a lot of criticism of the frame air tank and he dropped that. (BTW, FabRats just picked up that idea.) :shaking:

I just noticed that fabrats did most of his morvair build. I guess this is his first big build by himself?

I've called him out a few times on his sketchy fabricobbling in the YouTube comments. Even got a response from him once or twice. I don't want to see him or anyone fail, but when you won't take suggestions or constructive criticism, then I will smirk when you fail like I said you would.

To be faaaair. If every youtuber followed every bit of youtube advise, they'd build everything 27 times and it would still never be right.

Examples of what you pointed out? I know there was a lot of criticism of the frame air tank and he dropped that. (BTW, FabRats just picked up that idea.) :shaking:

A few that I can think of off the top of my head:

I called them out on the design of the roll cage in the Morrvair. The A pillars are unsupported and are going to fold down at the slightest bump. Maybe the B and C are as well, I don't remember.

I gave them grief about not having grab handles in the Morrvair. Everybody was wrapping there fingers around the bars trying to hold on.

Then just recently I asked him why the wrecker boom attachment point was welded to the rear shock mounts, and unsupported vertically.

You can go find look for yourself, but I'm willing to bet those kinds of comments get deleted. Every comment I left on hack rats videos got the axe as well.

Top Back Refresh