What's new

Matt's Off Road Recovery.

an elaborate and unnecesary explanation... I like it.

Now if Mr. haney could explain why he is a successful businessman and drives an old truck, that would be reality.
He was sucessful as a local that does not equate to great wealth, besides it was a TV show. Hollywood and all!

Damn I thought I was paranoid but you guys make me a piker

an elaborate and unnecesary explanation... I like it.

Now if Mr. haney could explain why he is a successful businessman and drives an old truck, that would be reality.
I know quite a few successful people who choose to drive older vehicles...
As for the truck, I got the impression that it belongs to somebody who leases space on the property from them (the older guy who was there for a couple minutes of the video), not that it was a truck that the younger guy who was filming drove.
I could be wrong though, I was reading while I was watching the video so I wasn't paying a huge amount of attention for most of it.

Aaron Z

I know quite a few successful people who choose to drive older vehicles...
As for the truck, I got the impression that it belongs to somebody who leases space on the property from them (the older guy who was there for a couple minutes of the video), not that it was a truck that the younger guy who was filming drove.
I could be wrong though, I was reading while I was watching the video so I wasn't paying a huge amount of attention for most of it.

Aaron Z
Jogging Dude referred to the old guy with the box truck as "the Farmer".

He was sucessful as a local that does not equate to great wealth, besides it was a TV show. Hollywood and all!

Damn I thought I was paranoid but you guys make me a piker
I was making a joke. Green Acres = entertainment for fun, not necessarily all real
matt's = entertainment for fun, not necessarily real.

Of course that was staged. I watched it on mute yesterday (at work) and saw the hose and 100% it was staged. :laughing:

This is the please like and subscribe world people love so much.

These people are local to me.... They don't fool around staging this kind of shit. I know Mike (Mike & Irene) of M&I Nursery; good honest hard working folks. World need more people like them! :smokin:
just because they definitely staged it doesnt make them bad people :laughing::flipoff2: what better way to get more people to watch your youtube channel then be spot lighted on another very popular youtube channel. good for them, i hope they make a bunch of money

Of course that was staged. I watched it on mute yesterday (at work) and saw the hose and 100% it was staged. :laughing:

This is the please like and subscribe world people love so much.
but but but they didnt admit it when called out on it :laughing::flipoff2:

definitely staged

I can picture her at 300 pounds.
She seems like a great kid, at least on camera. She works hard and seems like a nice person. That being said, I agree completely. There is a 38 year old lard ass living inside her waiting to come out.

just because they definitely staged it doesnt make them bad people :laughing::flipoff2: what better way to get more people to watch your youtube channel then be spot lighted on another very popular youtube channel. good for them, i hope they make a bunch of money
What I see is very common around these parts .... You drop a hose in a stock tank and somehow it flops out. The soil is "blue clay"; really nasty stuff and almost impossible to build on. MIke has about 20 head of cattle and a few horses; the people are just straight up hard working good folks. :smokin:

What I see is very common around these parts .... You drop a hose in a stock tank and somehow it flops out. The soil is "blue clay"; really nasty stuff and almost impossible to build on. MIke has about 20 head of cattle and a few horses; the people are just straight up hard working good folks. :smokin:
Don't confuse them with facts :flipoff2:

She seems like a great kid, at least on camera. She works hard and seems like a nice person. That being said, I agree completely. There is a 38 year old lard ass living inside her waiting to come out.
I have met her, and she is very nice, and not taken with herself. As for the 300 lb. Comment, I have never seen a working ranch girl get that big. Now if she was a stay inside and cook girl, maybe, but she is absolutely a worker.

Well all you Know it all's, should be happy they are welding on tabs for air tanks, please don't disturb the others as you rub one out

Last edited:
Well all you Know it all's, should be happy they are welding on tabs for air tanks, please don't disturb the others as you rub one out

if you haven't watched his sons.... this story is pretty fun. I restored a 65 long bed step side in my early 20's... what a great truck it was... I can relate to when they say 'I'm not sure the right way, I'm gonna go with what makes sense right now.'

I must have missed it but what made him decide against the frame as an air tank?
I could be wrong, but I thought early on when they pressurized the rails they bulged, and at that point he may have said that it's not worth the effort to cut it back open to add internal gussets to fix it.

I remember them pressurizing it and seeing what happened. They then drilled it all the way through and then welded in rods to keep it from bowing. That was the last I remember and thought they were going to run it that way.

There were a lot of comments posted on that video that stated it was not good idea, including one that I posted. All of them were scrubbed. But they obviously got the point.

There were a lot of comments posted on that video that stated it was not good idea, including one that I posted. All of them were scrubbed. But they obviously got the point.
Your going to love their next build they don't know what it will be but they are only going to do things the way the commenters say to. Not a wrench will be turned untill then, he did say something about a Cummins so you guys can start stroking again!

I have been involved with the building of everything from go carts as kid, dirt track, SCCA cars, Blown alchaol funny car, rock crawlers and mud trucks and never once did the way everything start stay till the final product.
Think of it this way his frame is as stiff as you can make it in the middle

Regarding the Golden Nugget, Robbie Layton has been pimping it around at car shows and whatnot since it was completed. Recently you took it to Sema where they color sanded and Polished the whole thing because it wasn't good enough. Well, recently Matt and crew took the Nugget to Sierra Nevada on an open trailer and we're driving it Off Road including hauling people and cargo in the back of it. I got the impression that this was a bit of an Fu to Robbie on account that the vehicle ostensibly was built for Ed to drive and enjoy and not to be someone's museum piece.

the vehicle ostensibly was built for Ed to drive and enjoy and not to be someone's museum piece.
I doubt this was the actual intention of that project. This is TV, think more like Discovery Channel shit now. Ed doesn't want to drive that goofy little fucker around.

Top Back Refresh