What's new

Major Bridge in Baltimore Collapses After Being Struck by Cargo Ship

Buddy of mine is there cutting up the bridge. Says they won't let them burn underwater due to stored energy, so right now they are using saws and shears, which you can set and back away from.

IMG-20240410-WA0000.jpg

Now he thinks he's famous because he made the news.
I called him a fag.

Damn Mexican from Nebraska.

IMG-20240407-WA0000(1).jpg

Buddy of mine is there cutting up the bridge. Says they won't let them burn underwater due to stored energy, so right now they are using saws and shears, which you can set and back away from.
Good to hear. He's not union is he?
I figured that they'd have to bring in some subcontractors.

Good to hear. He's not union is he?
I figured that they'd have to bring in some subcontrac

He's contracting with Phoenix International. Pretty sure they have facility's near the big Navy yards on the east coast. They're also in the Gulf and on the West Coast too.They do a shit ton of Navy work. So they may be prevailing wage, I really don't know.

We worked together during all the Katrina folded up platform removals and well killings. So for him, I can say this bridge is like picking up a spoon off the floor. Easy. The Katrina work was fucking scary.

This was called here near the begining

Civil rights groups want rebuilt Baltimore bridge renamed because of racism​

April 10, 2024

A coalition of civil rights groups is calling for the renaming of Baltimore’s Francis Scott Key Bridge after it gets rebuilt because of racism.

The 1.6-mile bridge that spans Baltimore harbor was destroyed after one of its main support pillars was rammed by a cargo ship last month, collapsing the structure which was named after the author of “The Star-Spangled Banner,” a song that many black activists claim is racist.

While it’s unknown how long it will take to reconstruct the critical piece of I-695 infrastructure, the coalition is determined that it not be named after the man responsible for the national anthem when it is, and are calling for Maryland’s Democrat Governor Wes Moore – who is black – to reject any references to Key for the reconstructed bridge.

In the news first reported by the Baltimore Banner, the Caucus of African American Leaders of Anne Arundel County will lobby Moore and the Maryland General Assembly to instead name the bridge after Rep. Parren J. Mitchell, the first black person from the state to be elected to the House of Representatives.

The coalition of groups, which includes the NAACP and the National Coalition of 100 Black Women, unanimously voted to request that the bridge not be named after Key, a slave owner with the lyrics to “The Star-Spangled Banner” claimed by some thin-skinned “woke” scholars to have “demeaned black people.”

It’s a sad situation when the national anthem which has traditionally been played before sporting events is used as a wedge by those seeking to divide by fomenting racial hostility but that’s where America is today.

A caucus spokesperson told Fox News Digital the group believes that “public structures and buildings that taxpayers pay for shouldn’t be named in honor of people who owned slaves.”

The caucus is expected to formally present their request to Governor Moore this week and also plans to discuss the renaming at its quarterly meeting with the Democrat leader which will take place after the legislative session ends, the Baltimore Banner reported, citing Caucus of African American Leaders convener Carl O. Snowden

“There will be some opposition to this, which we can anticipate. That goes without saying,” Snowden said.

When asked on Monday about the possibility of cleansing the rebuilt bridge from its namesake, Moore said that he has more important things to focus on for the time being including recovering bodies of victims and reopening the key shipping route.

”I think any other conversations along those lines, there will be time for that but now’s not the time,” the governor said.

Key has often been quoted as saying that blacks are “a distinct and inferior race of people, which all experience proves to be the greatest evil that afflicts a community,” although the Star Spangled Banner Foundation insists that the attribution of the quote is inaccurate.

“A racist quote attributed to Francis Scott Key, the author of the lyrics to “The Star- Spangled Banner,” has been circulating in news articles and blog posts. Incorrectly credited to Key as a first-person expression of his attitudes about race in the United States, the quote asserts that free blacks are ‘a distinct and inferior race of people, which all experience proves to be the greatest evil that afflicts a community,’” the foundation says in a statement on its website.

“The quote is taken from page 40 of Jefferson Morley’s generally insightful 2012 book Snow-Storm in August: Washington City, Francis Scott Key, and the Forgotten Race Riot of 1835 (1). Morley, in turn, cites as his sole source a quote in the 1937 biography Francis Scott Key: Life and Times by Edward S. Delaplaine (2). This biography is the source of confusion as to the quote’s speaker,” the statement reads.

The Caucus of African American Leaders is also calling for the Frederick C. Malkus Bridge which spans the Choptank River to be stripped of the name of the Democrat state legislator who the group claims “was resistant to desegregation in the 1960s and 1970s,” according to the Baltimore Banner. The group wants the bridge renamed after civil rights activist Gloria Richardson.

This was called here near the begining

Civil rights groups want rebuilt Baltimore bridge renamed because of racism​

April 10, 2024

A coalition of civil rights groups is calling for the renaming of Baltimore’s Francis Scott Key Bridge after it gets rebuilt because of racism.

The 1.6-mile bridge that spans Baltimore harbor was destroyed after one of its main support pillars was rammed by a cargo ship last month, collapsing the structure which was named after the author of “The Star-Spangled Banner,” a song that many black activists claim is racist.

While it’s unknown how long it will take to reconstruct the critical piece of I-695 infrastructure, the coalition is determined that it not be named after the man responsible for the national anthem when it is, and are calling for Maryland’s Democrat Governor Wes Moore – who is black – to reject any references to Key for the reconstructed bridge.

In the news first reported by the Baltimore Banner, the Caucus of African American Leaders of Anne Arundel County will lobby Moore and the Maryland General Assembly to instead name the bridge after Rep. Parren J. Mitchell, the first black person from the state to be elected to the House of Representatives.

The coalition of groups, which includes the NAACP and the National Coalition of 100 Black Women, unanimously voted to request that the bridge not be named after Key, a slave owner with the lyrics to “The Star-Spangled Banner” claimed by some thin-skinned “woke” scholars to have “demeaned black people.”

It’s a sad situation when the national anthem which has traditionally been played before sporting events is used as a wedge by those seeking to divide by fomenting racial hostility but that’s where America is today.

A caucus spokesperson told Fox News Digital the group believes that “public structures and buildings that taxpayers pay for shouldn’t be named in honor of people who owned slaves.”

The caucus is expected to formally present their request to Governor Moore this week and also plans to discuss the renaming at its quarterly meeting with the Democrat leader which will take place after the legislative session ends, the Baltimore Banner reported, citing Caucus of African American Leaders convener Carl O. Snowden

“There will be some opposition to this, which we can anticipate. That goes without saying,” Snowden said.

When asked on Monday about the possibility of cleansing the rebuilt bridge from its namesake, Moore said that he has more important things to focus on for the time being including recovering bodies of victims and reopening the key shipping route.

”I think any other conversations along those lines, there will be time for that but now’s not the time,” the governor said.

Key has often been quoted as saying that blacks are “a distinct and inferior race of people, which all experience proves to be the greatest evil that afflicts a community,” although the Star Spangled Banner Foundation insists that the attribution of the quote is inaccurate.

“A racist quote attributed to Francis Scott Key, the author of the lyrics to “The Star- Spangled Banner,” has been circulating in news articles and blog posts. Incorrectly credited to Key as a first-person expression of his attitudes about race in the United States, the quote asserts that free blacks are ‘a distinct and inferior race of people, which all experience proves to be the greatest evil that afflicts a community,’” the foundation says in a statement on its website.

“The quote is taken from page 40 of Jefferson Morley’s generally insightful 2012 book Snow-Storm in August: Washington City, Francis Scott Key, and the Forgotten Race Riot of 1835 (1). Morley, in turn, cites as his sole source a quote in the 1937 biography Francis Scott Key: Life and Times by Edward S. Delaplaine (2). This biography is the source of confusion as to the quote’s speaker,” the statement reads.

The Caucus of African American Leaders is also calling for the Frederick C. Malkus Bridge which spans the Choptank River to be stripped of the name of the Democrat state legislator who the group claims “was resistant to desegregation in the 1960s and 1970s,” according to the Baltimore Banner. The group wants the bridge renamed after civil rights activist Gloria Richardson.
FUCK those ASSHOLES. :flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff:

So they want to rename the bridges? Fine by me but they don't get to pick the name. I say lets do it the way they name slot machines, 2 or 3 columns of somewhat compatible words. Use a random number generator to pick a word from each column.

How much would they like it to be named Towering Bridgey McBridgeface or the like.

So they want to rename the bridges? Fine by me but they don't get to pick the name. I say lets do it the way they name slot machines, 2 or 3 columns of somewhat compatible words. Use a random number generator to pick a word from each column.

How much would they like it to be named Towering Bridgey McBridgeface or the like.

Public vote for name

^ does not compute.

I think you mean "01100010 01110010 01101001 01100100 01100111 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100011 01100010 01110010 01101001 01100100 01100111 01100101 01100110 01100001 01100011 01100101"
:laughing:
is this the binary equivilant of 'bridgy mcbridgeface'? becuase the gaps seems to suggest it could... if so then :laughing::laughing:

Top Back Refresh