What's new
  • If you have not received the email confirmation check your Spam folder. If it's not there please use the Contact Us Form and let us know your username.

If you have a Yahoo! email, they are currently blocking everything the site sends. Please contact us dierctly with the link above.

Limey Bastard ~ 1974 F100 4x4 Resto

flecker

Rad Skull Member
Member Number
Nice work man. She’s coming together quite nicely. I’m looking forward to seeing how the bodywork goes
Thanks man... I have quite a bit of body work just in the cab. Not terrible but theres a single dent that will require a pull and some body hammer work. The floor boards, especially the drivers side, has a few rust holes~ so I plan to just cut and replace with a portion of stamped floor pans I got. All in all not to tough. I am really struggling to find a good bed to work with. They used to be a dime a dozen and readily available... apparently that's changed. I do have another bed more straight than the one that came with Limey (the bed floor is in really great shape too, kind of a shame but the tail light sections are really smashed and creased), but it will need some help too. My guesstimation is about 20 hours in labor on it. May end up going that route if I have to... I really don't want to build a flatbed, but might if I can't find a good donor bed in the next month or so. Not my first rodeo with that.

20210206_172049.jpg

20210206_172054.jpg

flecker

Rad Skull Member
Member Number
looks better than the green one.

can you compromise and just section that bed and use the rear ~1' of it and a bit of side to pop onto the green one?
I am kind of leaning that way.... I wonder how hard the entire side would be to remove and just weld the other ones on. New bed sides are 600 bucks and shipping (the shipping is stupid price, as in 300 bucks). :homer: AND, they aren't nearly as stout as the og's... for a grand, I'd rather do a bit of body work on a different bed, or work with the two I have to create a nice bed.