What's new

Just got a message from Ashke.

I'm sure you have spent every penny you earned wisely
I definitely did not, but I do now and learning from others is a great way to get up in life. Is it a requirement that he makes the same mistakes if they can be made known to him now so he can have a better outlook for later?

What we have here are as followes:
1974 Scout II, 345v8 t19 4 speed
'06 Suzuki DR650SE and '06 Yamaha V-Star Classic 1100
1996 Mitsubishi Montero LS, 3.0 auto
1994 Suburban 2500 4x4 6.5

Why own all of these? You didn't list your XJ (and maybe other shit)?

It's a psychological phenomenon to accumulate shit you don't need, when you grew up having nothing.

Maybe understand why you have this junk, if you ever stop and breathe for a moment. Perspective is crucial.

2024 Little Tikes Cozy Coupe

This is the best ride of them all. Focus in on it's intent.

Keep growing up. You're not done (same with all of us who have been there before you).

It's a psychological phenomenon to accumulate shit you don't need, when you grew up having nothing.

Maybe understand why you have this junk, if you ever stop and breathe for a moment. Perspective is crucial.

Keep growing up. You're not done (same with all of us who have been there before you).
That is a pretty small list for most of us in vehicle related hobbies. I have one of his XJs now, btw.

That is a pretty small list for most of us in vehicle related hobbies. I have one of his XJs now, btw.
The $600 shitbox with steering issues and running problems? :grinpimp:

Isnt the list irrelevant? This is about judging his financial choices on his income. :laughing:
If it's all "paid for" it hardly matters. If it's all paid for and he has a proper relationship with his priorities he's got semi-liquid assets to sell if things get tough.
I'm not tuned in to bike prices, but if' he's got to fire sale shit to get cash he's got 15k in his hand in 2 weeks, probably 22k in his hand if he has 30-45 days.
I'm not going to say what he's doing is "responsible", but it's more responsible than a BHPH Genesis or Infiniti with rent-to-own rims.

The $600 shitbox with steering issues and running problems? :grinpimp:
It did a couple hundred miles of the Pennsylvania Gambler 500 with no problems after minimal work. Still a shitbox.

This one

A lot of you are vets and should be able to relate to his situation. I've never met Ashke but feel I already 'know' him quite a bit, having been a nobody from BFE that joined the military, so I can relate.

IRA's? Investing? Dude, he's a lance criminal. He can't afford to pay attention :lmao:

You can armchair quarterback the poor dude and lecture him on saving money...but how? Where? Does he have some toys? Sure does. All that shit is dirt cheap too. He can totally have a hobby that takes his mind off the Marine Corps and family responsibilities for a Saturday afternoon as he wrenches on whatever he wants to and lets whatever amount of rust fall in his eyeballs :laughing:

If his vehicles are mostly reliable now, why on earth should he spend money to buy another shitbox, pay more in sales tax, registration, etc, only to have to go through the next shit box to fix the odds and ends on it? That doesn't make any sense.

It's not realistically feasible to save a whole lot as a E3 with a family. It's just not. What would make sense would be to start something like a Roth IRA and when he gets promoted to Corporal, put 50% of that pay raise difference into his IRA. His promotion is only $200/mo (not sure how many years he has in). $100 ain't much, but after a year, that's $1200 into a long time retirement account. It's a start, and honestly that's all you can ask (Ashke? :flipoff2:) for now.

I don't even know the MF'r and I'm proud of him to see someone that was a relative dysfunctional member of the society to join the military to make something of himself. None of us, himself included, will know where he will go from here. Maybe he'll get out and turn into a total loser and turn back into the same person he was before. Maybe he'll utilize his skill set from being in the 06xx community and progress. Maybe he'll make a career of it, like I did. Who knows?

I had no idea I would stay in when I was a Lance. I had no idea I'd stay in until I was a SSgt, become a CWO, and now a LDO Captain. I started off saving small, but as I progressed, so did my financial goals. It's a little more reasonable to expect to max your IRA, TSP contribution, and stock options as a 16 year O3E than a 2 year E3.

Joining the military is a totally new chapter in life and affords people a fresh start. See where he goes, offer candid advice here and there, and see what he does. None of you can hold his hand for him. :beer:

If it's all "paid for" it hardly matters. If it's all paid for and he has a proper relationship with his priorities he's got semi-liquid assets to sell if things get tough.
I'm not tuned in to bike prices, but if' he's got to fire sale shit to get cash he's got 15k in his hand in 2 weeks, probably 22k in his hand if he has 30-45 days.
I'm not going to say what he's doing is "responsible", but it's more responsible than a BHPH Genesis or Infiniti with rent-to-own rims.
see you made my point.

I couldnt possibly care less what he has sitting in his driveway. thats his business.

A lot of you are vets and should be able to relate to his situation. I've never met Ashke but feel I already 'know' him quite a bit, having been a nobody from BFE that joined the military, so I can relate.

IRA's? Investing? Dude, he's a lance criminal. He can't afford to pay attention :lmao:

You can armchair quarterback the poor dude and lecture him on saving money...but how? Where? Does he have some toys? Sure does. All that shit is dirt cheap too. He can totally have a hobby that takes his mind off the Marine Corps and family responsibilities for a Saturday afternoon as he wrenches on whatever he wants to and lets whatever amount of rust fall in his eyeballs :laughing:

If his vehicles are mostly reliable now, why on earth should he spend money to buy another shitbox, pay more in sales tax, registration, etc, only to have to go through the next shit box to fix the odds and ends on it? That doesn't make any sense.

It's not realistically feasible to save a whole lot as a E3 with a family. It's just not. What would make sense would be to start something like a Roth IRA and when he gets promoted to Corporal, put 50% of that pay raise difference into his IRA. His promotion is only $200/mo (not sure how many years he has in). $100 ain't much, but after a year, that's $1200 into a long time retirement account. It's a start, and honestly that's all you can ask (Ashke? :flipoff2:) for now.

I don't even know the MF'r and I'm proud of him to see someone that was a relative dysfunctional member of the society to join the military to make something of himself. None of us, himself included, will know where he will go from here. Maybe he'll get out and turn into a total loser and turn back into the same person he was before. Maybe he'll utilize his skill set from being in the 06xx community and progress. Maybe he'll make a career of it, like I did. Who knows?

I had no idea I would stay in when I was a Lance. I had no idea I'd stay in until I was a SSgt, become a CWO, and now a LDO Captain. I started off saving small, but as I progressed, so did my financial goals. It's a little more reasonable to expect to max your IRA, TSP contribution, and stock options as a 16 year O3E than a 2 year E3.

Joining the military is a totally new chapter in life and affords people a fresh start. See where he goes, offer candid advice here and there, and see what he does. None of you can hold his hand for him. :beer:
Actually, I did open up a personal Roth IRA/401K account at the local credit union back in 2021, and I max out the TSP the usmc does (5%).

I'm re-enlisting at least once.

1712212709851.jpeg
1712212755767.jpeg
1712212781051.jpeg
1712212821109.jpeg
1712212910824.jpeg
Pics as requested
Very good fleet! Excellent choices all around.

No idea what's going on but some of these replies has me envisioning The Trailer Park Boys posting on irate :homer::laughing:

• what is the back story on this entire ordeal
  • why does WTF? put so much care into his vehicle registration costs?
  • was ashke bassintrucks little spoon some years ago?
BassnTruck goes back to the very being of the shitshow from 2017, where this all started, really.

the xj is in PA on storage mode so it doesnt really count. I don't have anything else yet.

WOW, a little bird told me there has been some mad shit talking about me for a while here and there. I have only seen a small amount of what was said about me by a few of you. I am just going to set the record straight with all of it right here and not hop thread to thread.

First: Ashke, you are an ungrateful piece of shit. Don't speak my name around these parts? Who died and made you king Jughead? I will tell you what you little bitch, I got $300 with your name on it fuck face. Come get it big man. I had nothing to gain from trying to help you. The fact is you cost me more then you were even worth. But I never expected to get a "return" from you. I honestly just wanted to help a young kid out that was down on his luck. Try to give back something to the world and make it a better place. And what did I get for that "no good deed goes unpunished", you talking shit like you did everything perfect and I am a "total ass" just to start.

I think you might have actually forgotten what really transpired between us. Twisting it in your head about how you were the victim, like everything else in your life, so you told me up to that point. Everything was not your fault, nothing you ever did caused any problems. Your life sucked, blah, blah, blah. Truth was your life did suck, what you got wrong and couldn't accept was that it was your poor choices and decisions that kept you in that hole. All I did was tell you the truth. I tried to teach you some basic things in how to build, repair, work with your hands some, and tell you the truth regardless of if you wanted to hear it or not, and that you should STFU more.

You said you wanted to learn and get a hand up. But as it turned out you wanted to play victim, get a handout, and not even try to follow directions or put in any effort. Your mouth was writing checks your ass couldn't cash. Every inch of rope I gave you to pull yourself out, you just tied it around your neck. It became pretty clear early on you had no intention of taking anything seriously and putting in any effort. You knew everything and were always right. Nothing anyone tried to tell you or show you was correct. You would argue about what color the sun was as you gazed at it saying it was black. I am not sure your mouth ever closed when you slept.

Maybe I should have listened to my wife and never told you to come out and try to help you. You clearly were not worth at the time. We will never know what shithole you would have would up dead in had I not though. And I am not sure you truly realize that at this point. I will say you have no idea what a hard life really is. I do not wish that on anyone. You really don't know anything about me. The things I have seen and been through. I know there are people out there that have had it worse than I have.

You keep my name and my family out of your mouth until you can show some respect and appreciation for what was given to you. And not just from me, many donated to try and help you.

And Mr.plym49.2, Pretending to help him? Really, what did you do exactly? You knew what motives I had? Bitch please, you don't know shit so shut your mouth.

Yes, I did make some videos. It was requested by the people who donated to try to help him to follow along. I didn't have an issue with it and neither did he. I had no idea he was going to turn into such a dumpster fire. You say I humiliated him? No pal, he did that all on his own. And that was just the stuff I showed you. You didn't see the other 99% of the time where he was the same or worse. I was being quite nice in showing what he was truly like. And to kickstart my YT channel? Really, I already had a number of subs on a very old channel. I can honestly say I don't think I got a single sub or dollar from his videos, it was just all of you watching that dumpster fire. But it is easy to talk shit when you just sit there at your keyboard not helping anyone big man.

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

Gawd, I just remembered some characters from the shitshow 7 years ago.

- remember Grampa Plym and Uncle Fabulous? :lmao:
Plym is still here, in this very thread. Action fabulous left us because we didn’t offer as much positive attention as FB, IG, etc.

Top Back Refresh