What's new

Just got a message from Ashke.

It may be less irresponsible than a v6 charger finances at 17% bhph, but Licensing insuring and maintaining that many shitboxes on poverty line household income is not fiscally responsible by any stretch of the imagination.
The maintenance burden is the same regardless of vehicle number because maintenance follows miles driven which follows number of drivers. If anything it's less because you can buy shit slow/cheap and drive another car.

He's one driver. He can't possibly get worse fuel economy than the worst vehicle in the fleet. He's fine.

The maintenance burden is the same regardless of vehicle number because maintenance follows miles driven which follows number of drivers. If anything it's less because you can buy shit slow/cheap and drive another car.

But there’s 2 drivers in the household and a childseat in the back with apparently one shitbox with functioning AC in an area where the average temp is about to be 90-110* for the next 5 months or so.

Last edited:
But there’s 2 drivers in the household and a childseat in the back with apparently one shitbox with functioning AC in an area where the average temp is about to be 90-100* for the next 5 months or so.
Which really does follow what arse_sidewards said. Drive a different car waiting to fix the other for cheaper. I ride the motorcycle, my wife drives the Montero, if she even drives at all, and wait for the parts to come in for the Subjrban AC. Just for only one of them to be driven anyway, so whats the malfunction here?

Reactions: DMG
But there’s 2 drivers in the household and a childseat in the back with apparently one shitbox with functioning AC in an area where the average temp is about to be 90-100* for the next 5 months or so.
Please point to all the kids who died in a vehicle that weren't left in said vehicle unattended due to lack of AC.

I'll wait.

Which really does follow what arse_sidewards said. Drive a different car waiting to fix the other for cheaper. I ride the motorcycle, my wife drives the Montero, if she even drives at all, and wait for the parts to come in for the Subjrban AC. Just for only one of them to be driven anyway, so whats the malfunction here?
Well as usual you’ve got it all figured out. Good luck.

As I stated; Be careful about living beyond your means.

Last edited:
Well as usual you’ve got it all figured out. Good luck.
As usual, you've got your nose so far up my ass about my vehicles. Is your name on the title? Did you pay my insurance? Did you pay for the motorcycle?

Relax. This isn't a case of me being like 'oh shit what do i do I've got 30 vehicles and i can't afford them!'

As usual, you've got your nose so far up my ass about my vehicles. Is your name on the title? Did you pay my insurance? Did you pay for the motorcycle?

Relax. This isn't a case of me being like 'oh shit what do i do I've got 30 vehicles and i can't afford them!'
you're right, your history supports that you've always made fiscally sound decisions about vehicles and other physical possessions. Your pointing to your ragtag collection of 2 and 4 wheeled motor vehicles as an indication of how successful you are was certainly not a potential warning sign of you backsliding into old habits.

nobody else here has ever had a fleet of shitboxes and knows about what it involves in time money and effort to keep them on the road. ( I had 3 + a dual sport as a single guy at about the same age with around 2x the income in lower cost of living areas, and in retrospect that was still probably not financially beneficial to me.)

Edit- As I stated; Be careful about living beyond your means.

Last edited:
you're right, your history supports that you've always made fiscally sound decisions about vehicles and other physical possessions.

nobody else here has ever had a fleet of shitboxes and knows about what it involves in time money and effort to keep them on the road.

When are you going to be presenting the masterclass on comfortably supporting a family while overflowing your driveway on E3 pay in the most expensive state in the nation?

Fucking :cringe: dude.

Every child until the early 90s :flipoff2:
200.gif

No idea what's going on but some of these replies has me envisioning The Trailer Park Boys posting on irate :homer::laughing:

• what is the back story on this entire ordeal
  • why does WTF? put so much care into his vehicle registration costs?
  • was ashke bassintrucks little spoon some years ago?

Save money, great idea!!

What would you recommend he get for a vehicle?

I'd recommend anything but a 1996 Mitsubishi Montero LS. You'd want something nice and shiny, reliable with a warranty. Anything older than a model year 2023 and you're pretty much saying you don't care about the safety of your family. Therefore I think his best, yet modest financial choice would be a 2024 Porsche Cayenne S :flipoff2:

I'd recommend anything but a 1996 Mitsubishi Montero LS. You'd want something nice and shiny, reliable with a warranty. Anything older than a model year 2023 and you're pretty much saying you don't care about the safety of your family. Therefore I think his best, yet modest financial choice would be a 2024 Porsche Cayenne S :flipoff2:
at 17.3% APR! But as long as he doesnt spill the beans to anyone about the awesome deal the salesman gave him :homer: :lmao:

Something boring and reliable like a camry or accord that isnt clapped out with teenager fuckups and add-ons

Glad to see nothing has changed from the original shit show. Guy could go buy a $2000 camry and would get shit on for not buying decent stuff. Go spend a bit more money and would get shit on for spending to much money.

If you aren't driving that much, who gives a fuck about fuel mileage? Halfway solid rig for the wife to drive when needed and a couple of shitboxes for her not to drive:laughing: I'd bet money that a good handful of the folks on here have done or do just that

BassnTruck good to see you back around, stay awhile. ever get up this way stop in and say high. Im still running that system you helped with.

as far as the drama fest....meh who cares. let it go. both of you. its in the past and not worth wasting any resources on, mental or otherwise.

I'm curious to see where the enlisted kid gets. In life. This gig is just a step. what is the next step? that will be the tell all to the question "has he improved himself?" will he just stay in the service and ride it out or bail out and better himself even more. Is he taking any classes to better himself? Id bet there are plenty of classes available on the base.

My enlistment produced my degree. that lead to a fancy post college job. that led to the brown bus union job. that led to the ebay business. that led to my dealership. that led to buying the current dealership. steps......where does he go from here. time will tell.

Glad to see nothing has changed from the original shit show. Guy could go buy a $2000 camry and would get shit on for not buying decent stuff. Go spend a bit more money and would get shit on for spending to much money.

If you aren't driving that much, who gives a fuck about fuel mileage? Halfway solid rig for the wife to drive when needed and a couple of shitboxes for her not to drive:laughing: I'd bet money that a good handful of the folks on here have done or do just that
Yeah I see your point. Makes no sense to invest in Roth, or 523 or anything like that. Rusting sheet metal is a much better return.

Ok, so he has the same maintenance burden as a 2-driver house. Big deal. Mormons aside, it really doesn't go up from there. And she's supposedly pulling her own weight so it shouldn't matter.

Point is that unless you have the time to make needless projects out of shit wrenching time/money follows miles driven, not vehicles owned.

The only thing I think he's not doing that he could is standardizing on one brand or platform.

As far as Marines go I think he's making pretty budgeting choices.

Reactions: DMG
Yeah I see your point. Makes no sense to invest in Roth, or 523 or anything like that. Rusting sheet metal is a much better return.
If you buy stuff at the bottom of the depreciation curve before it's "classic" and hold onto it, maintain it, you'll find that it IS an investment:flipoff2:

Dunno how that implies to the subject of discussion though:grinpimp:

Top Back Refresh