What's new

Just got a message from Ashke.

Congrats and how fucky are the Jeeps? I could use a set of wheels for the wintter.
Too little, too late. My wife kept the 2000 XJ for herself, and I had a 1993 XJ, bought by DMG. The Wrangler isn't fucky. Sahara TJ. Clean, rust free, 4.0 5 speed, engine has less than 80k on it. 33s, 3" lift. Not a scrap pile. I brought the wrangler to my duty station with me.

Pretty sobering read, and I cringe so hard over those days.
The cringe is just your mind screaming about the bad you know for a fact is possible.
I'd bet you're highly motivated to never fall into any of those traps again.

Those events owned you, but you can own them now - any past mistakes that you know you've learned the lessons from, you can turn off the ~car alarm of shame. Carrying your past in your toolbox instead of on your head (keep the lessons, lose the shame) makes you wise.

As a bonus: once you pry out the sting, you'll have a lot of cool, fucked up hilarious stories to tell when you're old :flipoff2::laughing:

Glad you are doing well. Merry Christmas to you and your family. That Scout is ugly as sin but I guess it has lots of duty cycles left in it.:flipoff2:
PXL_20230921_011321564.jpg

I cringe so hard over those days.
Dude, same same.

I look back at my old me and I cringe, too.
But, forget about it. Fuck the old me, fuck the old you, fuck anyone that wants to hold it against us.
You've come a long way. No more eyes on that rearview mirror because you got the best of it ahead of you.

Be careful on that bike, you hear? Wear the gear and take it easy. You got a kid to take care of so the luxury of YOLO and putting yourself in a hospital is no longer an option.

Last edited:
Dude, same same.

I look back at my old me and I cringe, too.
But, forget about it. Fuck the old me, fuck the old you, fuck anyone that wants to hold it against us.
You've come a long way. No more eyes on that rearview mirror because you got the best of it ahead of you.

Be careful on that bike, you hear? Wear the gear and take it easy. You got a kid to take care of so the luxury of YOLO and putting yourself in a hospital is no longer applicable.
It's actually a violation of the UCMJ to not wear the proper gear on a motorcycle as an active duty Marine, there is an official MARADMIN order for required riding gear, so getting caught not riding the proper gear is a ticket, and an NJP. I wear the gear always regardless, to keep myself safe anyway. I just don't understand why someone is just so willing to ride at highway speeds without a helmet when in a spit second their skull can be caved in by a rock or falling over onto the pavement. The shit I've seen from stuff like that.

It's just stupid cheap. 20 bucks to fill up, vs $100-$120?
It's PERSEC, you jackass.:flipoff2:

Congrats on turning things in the right direction. Kid looks good, you look good, how's the wife look?
Better than you, probably. She doesn't have a facebook or anything.

Low standards can get you better than me, buddy.

I expect you love her, I expect she's a darling to you and makes you smile and all that good shit. If so, congrats.
Do you talk to her about us and this place and any of that?

I expect you love her, I expect she's a darling to you and makes you smile and all that good shit. If so, congrats.
Yes, she is well versed in this community and the importance of it to me and my 'legacy' bound to it.

I won't post pictures of her, and honestly I won't post pictures of my kid either, because I'd rather keep that side of my life more or less private and out of the immediate public eye. I have enough of a public presence as it is. The post I made on facebook was set to private and only a one time deal, personally, I was never going to post it here. Not because I don't appreciate this community, I just don't want to be the kind of person that spends more time videoing and posting their kid/family then being with the family and kids.

Edit: I still want them out of the public eye mostly, but this board is important for reflection, learning, growth, and to shoa what I'm growing into and getting up to.

Last edited:

Actually, now that I think about it, it feels contradictory to say I'm trying to have a low profile when I have a public presence doing this bullshit and my name is plastered over everything and I'm tied into facebook and shit so, fuck it. Maybe I will post pictures.

I was just thinkin' about you Ashke, and here you are. Happy to see you are doing well my friend. With all the turmoil going on in the world these days I'm glad you got our backs. Thank you for your service. I have you and family in my prayers, stay safe man.

PXL_20231029_050128396.jpg

Here is the last time I saw my kid, in the overalls, back in October, and then back in August for the other picture. He's 11 Months in the overalls picture, and then he's 7 months in the other picture, I think. In the first picture he's a little grumpy from me taking my necklace away from him as he's about to board the plane and leave.
PXL_20230815_025100791~2.jpg

Too little, too late. My wife kept the 2000 XJ for herself, and I had a 1993 XJ, bought by DMG. The Wrangler isn't fucky. Sahara TJ. Clean, rust free, 4.0 5 speed, engine has less than 80k on it. 33s, 3" lift. Not a scrap pile. I brought the wrangler to my duty station with me.
PM set on the TJ.

It's actually a violation of the UCMJ to not wear the proper gear on a motorcycle as an active duty Marine, there is an official MARADMIN order for required riding gear, so getting caught not riding the proper gear is a ticket, and an NJP. I wear the gear always regardless, to keep myself safe anyway. I just don't understand why someone is just so willing to ride at highway speeds without a helmet when in a spit second their skull can be caved in by a rock or falling over onto the pavement. The shit I've seen from stuff like that.

It's just stupid cheap. 20 bucks to fill up, vs $100-$120?

I did a lot of cringy stuff too when I was young

I’m just glad there’s no documentation of it on the internet .

Fortunately I never suffered major consequences for it and got my shit together in my mid 20s

Congrats on getting to where you are .

I think the comments about the gear for the bike are more than a helmet , I think they are talking about the armor jacket etc

I visit family in Florida several times a year and am simply amazed at the amount of people who ride with no helmet

Just the wind noise past your ears at highway speed would , long term , damage your hearing .

I’ve been on some bases and apparently the base commander requires a construction worker vest , cause everyone on a motorcycle is wearing one .

you and your family look happy, good for you bro!

There is a difference in posting a few pics here and there and being obsessed with posting everything all the time. The latter is not real healthy and seems to foster a 'fake' lifestyle.

Keep on keeping on!

Top Back Refresh