What's new

Just got a message from Ashke.

Except for D_JEEPER , I trust you, but I felt like you would be disappointed so I kept it to myself until I was successful in becoming a Marine.
I would have given you shit for sure :flipoff2:
However, maybe not in a way you would have imagined. If you stepped up to the plate (as you did) I have far more respect than someone who backs away selfishly.

Did she report it to his boss? Can't fix broken if no wheel squeaks.
Recruiters are not civilian entities. They are service members that are given and trained into a secondary billet/MOS field to do recruiting for a period of time. There isn't a typical boss structure. Sort of, but also not.

I doubt she reported it. Even if she did, there were lots of terrible things that did happen during that time period that did get reported on and nothing was changed. Sexual assaults, rapes, murders, DUIs. I hate to paint the service in a negative light but the reality is that for a time, bad and terrible things happened and when reported on, got brushed under the rug.

Recruiters are not civilian entities. They are service members that are given and trained into a secondary billet/MOS field to do recruiting for a period of time. There isn't a typical boss structure. Sort of, but also not.

I doubt she reported it. Even if she did, there were lots of terrible things that did happen during that time period that did get reported on and nothing was changed. Sexual assaults, rapes, murders, DUIs. I hate to paint the service in a negative light but the reality is that for a time, bad and terrible things happened and when reported on, got brushed under the rug.
Please stick to what you know, and that's not the world of recruiting :lmao:

BTT

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 5.02.34 PM.png

Weren't you "gone walkabout" for most of the time period of this thread? That could explain it.
Later parts for sure. I was here for the beginning of it. Think he had just finished boot camp or was close to it last I remember.

"Blue crayons taste the bestest"
It's a combination, actually. Red, yellow, and blue.
Come on, like maybe a little OPSEC?

I went through my posts and wiped my name from super easy google searches. In fact, I even went to the original post that I made back in 2017 on pirate and edited it to wipe my name, which incidentally, made me aware of BassnTrucks' wifes' post on her blog about me, and how much she thought i wasn't worth tthe dirt I stood on, the air I breathed, and that she wished her husband would just let me suffer, alone. Pretty sobering read, and I cringe so hard over those days.

I went through my posts and wiped my name from super easy google searches. In fact, I even went to the original post that I made back in 2017 on pirate and edited it to wipe my name, which incidentally, made me aware of BassnTrucks' wifes' post on her blog about me, and how much she thought i wasn't worth tthe dirt I stood on, the air I breathed, and that she wished her husband would just let me suffer, alone. Pretty sobering read, and I cringe so hard over those days.
congrats on making it to a better place in life :smokin:

You did something about it. That's a lot more than most people do. I certainly didn't believe in you and felt much the same as she did. Glad to have been proven wrong. :beer:

Good morning ladies and gentlemen. I'm currently on leave, so I am back in PA.

Well, I just need to break the ice. Some of you know that I've been with a gal for a few years now. She's a real good girl. Not too sure I deserve it, but now I know better than to keep being stupid.

Well, I'm a father. Soon to be husband. Hopefully with the lessons I learned, maybe I can be a decent father.

Right now I'm cracking on my Scout to get it ready for Scout NATS and to get it shipped to my dooty station. Has a laundry list of needs for it.

Any interested in a couple Jeeps? 2000 XJ and a 2001 Wrangler? Selling both.
Congrats and how fucky are the Jeeps? I could use a set of wheels for the wintter.

Top Back Refresh