What's new

Just got a message from Ashke.

And what color? :flipoff2:
Haha :flipoff2:
My kid is 6 months old. He was in progress before I shipped to boot camp.

I simply kept my mouth shut to prevent any possibility of not getting in.

When I first tried to join 8 years ago, I had made a joke about my then girlfriend being pregnant and they took it very seriously and told me under no certain terms was that to be real or they would postpone my shipping if I were successful in getting signed up.

I remember it so vividly that when the time came last year that they finally told me I'm legit, and I signed that dotted line, after working so hard and being such a persistent piss ant, I didn't sare say shit and jeopardize the opportunity.

Remember those people here telling you not to get married or have a kid during your first hitch?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
It doesn't really apply for me. Remember, I'm 26 years old. My current relationship had been established years before the gun club, and my son, too, with said woman. I'm older than the average Marine. I take orders from Marines years younger than me. I accept it. It is what it is.

I still have true life experience. I wasn't going to give up a 3 year long, now 4, relationship just because oh, shit, job/career change from phone repair to USMC. I'm not 18. Sure, it's a big deal for most, and it was a semi big deal for us, but being that we are both older and more experienced, we were able to do that thing where you communicate, you know, and work through it? Where I don't run away from my responsibility as a father or something, or whatever kids do these days when they're not on TikTok or jerking off, worrying about whether or not mommy and daddy are going to make sure their car has gas in it or something. I don't know.
I'm just here to be a good Marine, serve my country, build and work on 4x4s, and be a good father and husband. I fulfilled my dreams, now I just need to maintain them.

I understand why the average person shouldn't get married or have kids in their first enlistment in the military, but, I'm not the average person, and that advice is really best for the younger folk, fresh out of high school know-nothing boots who haven't really worked a job or ever left home. It's not really worthwhile advice if you've been with someone as an adult for several years, both able to make reasonable and responsible decisions and both providing financially and both rowing the same boat for the future, settling down. Remember, before the USMC finally let me sign the dotted line, I had a well paying job, providing just fine for myself. I was doing good.
Well duh, he joined the Marines, if he was smart he would have been in the Air Force.:homer::flipoff2:

Fuck you, I like my crayons. WHERES MY DRAWING PAPER.

It doesn't really apply for me. Remember, I'm 26 years old. My current relationship had been established years before the gun club, and my son, too, with said woman. I'm older than the average Marine. I take orders from Marines years younger than me. I accept it. It is what it is.

I still have true life experience. I wasn't going to give up a 3 year long, now 4, relationship just because oh, shit, job/career change from phone repair to USMC. I'm not 18. Sure, it's a big deal for most, and it was a semi big deal for us, but being that we are both older and more experienced, we were able to do that thing where you communicate, you know, and work through it? Where I don't run away from my responsibility as a father or something, or whatever kids do these days when they're not on TikTok or jerking off, worrying about whether or not mommy and daddy are going to make sure their car has gas in it or something. I don't know.
I'm just here to be a good Marine, serve my country, build and work on 4x4s, and be a good father and husband. I fulfilled my dreams, now I just need to maintain them.

I understand why the average person shouldn't get married or have kids in their first enlistment in the military, but, I'm not the average person, and that advice is really best for the younger folk, fresh out of high school know-nothing boots who haven't really worked a job or ever left home. It's not really worthwhile advice if you've been with someone as an adult for several years, both able to make reasonable and responsible decisions and both providing financially and both rowing the same boat for the future, settling down. Remember, before the USMC finally let me sign the dotted line, I had a well paying job, providing just fine for myself. I was doing good.

well said. And you are an adult. It sounds like you are doing Adulting.

Go easy on the ego there, private. While you’re less of a dipshit than you were at 18 you’re not supremely wise at 26; you’ve made significant progress, but don’t automatically dismiss advice from guys much older than you who have lived it.

When everyone jokes about knocking up women, blowing your signing bonus on cars and dating strippers as though they're comically bad life decisions that should be your clue that they're bad life decisions. You shouldn't need to be told by some old man who was dumb enough to actually live it.

Last edited:

While people of proud of you for not waking up in a ditch this morning, and they should be, you need take a step back, deep breath, whatever, and remember that you're 26. "Well paying job" Didn't you just say you were repairing cell phones? Not a career path to success unless you want to live like a Paki immigrant.

You went through some shit. Congrats. Most of us have in some point in our lives, we just didn't post the play by play on the internet while continually fucking up. Your ego will absolutely fuck you if you let it, humble yourself.

Congrats on being a Marine. I know several classmates that made it a lot further in the Marines than you have, just to fuck it all up with stupid choices. One of which has almost the same exact story of "I want to be a Marine," getting denied for BS, and having to fight their way in. Came home after boot expecting to "feel different," nope same dumb fuck, different day. Getting drunk and railing hookers became normal I guess? Leading to being beaten nearly to death by an MP and getting an OTH discharge for being a general piece of shit. Either way, just because you are a Marine doesn't mean your immune to being an idiot and making poor life choices.

Keep you ego in check, continue your self improvement and you'll be perfectly fine.

"Well paying job" Didn't you just say you were repairing cell phones? Not a career path to success unless you want to live like a Paki immigrant.
I make almost 10x what he makes and I was still fixing my own cell phone until the charge port, screen, home button and battery failures all sync'd up at which point I just bought a new (refurb) one and a better case. :lmao:
just because you are a Marine doesn't mean your immune to being an idiot and making poor life choices.
Quite the opposite really. :laughing:

So... the recruiter told you there would be issues if you had a kid on the way. In your infinite wisdom, you knock up a girl with the intent of marrying her at a later date anyway?
You mean what the recruiter told me.... 8 years ago? And then.... When my fiance and I decided to have a kid.... When the USMC was still up in the air and I didn't think I was getting in.

You mean what the recruiter told me.... 8 years ago? And then.... When my fiance and I decided to have a kid.... When the USMC was still up in the air and I didn't think I was getting in.
This doesn't make it sound any smarter. You remembered what the recruiter told you. You did it anyway because you were uncertain of your future. But it was fine because you had a promising future in cell phone repair?

The cell phone repair is the last job I remember you mentioning, sorry if that is inaccurate.

Top Back Refresh