What's new

Just got a message from Ashke.

Never really go involved in the Ashke thread but here's a thought:

Let's have an Ashke meet up at some point. :idea:

Edit: Since you'll be close, you should figure out coming to KOH.
I'd really like to. KOH Scout time.

Meet up with me? :lmao:

Naw, I'm a mainly a lurker so I've followed along since you were sitting in that gas station waiting for bassntruck to show up in south overland park Kansas. I've been silently rooting for you and glad to see your progress. :beer:
Many regrets bro, but the trip was still interesting. Many thanks to those who stuck their neck out for the autistic crayon-eater wannabe.

Many regrets bro, but the trip was still interesting. Many thanks to those who stuck their neck out for the autistic crayon-eater wannabe.
Hey man, regrets are what they are (nothing)! I was close to the same location as you at that time and yeah, I think about what I could have done to help. BUT, here's the thing... Your path worked out how it worked out, no shame in that. As some one else already said, you had a goal, you pursued it, and you have achieved it. That's more than most can say.

And because I have followed along since the beginning and I do want to push you for more... There is one thing you haven't been posting about recently which in the past you have been very vocal about...

What are your goals now? (Don't loose sight of what's next)

Yeah, the dad thing is big. Congrats!

-DuckTape

Hey man, regrets are what they are (nothing)! I was close to the same location as you at that time and yeah, I think about what I could have done to help. BUT, here's the thing... Your path worked out how it worked out, no shame in that. As some one else already said, you had a goal, you pursued it, and you have achieved it. That's more than most can say.

And because I have followed along since the beginning and I do want to push you for more... There is one thing you haven't been posting about recently which in the past you have been very vocal about...

-DuckTape
Getting a house, being a good father, providing for my family, and replacing my non-project vehicles (fuck u the Scout stays) with more family spacious ones. (No minivans)

(Haha maybe TravelAll :goofball: :flipoff2: )

Being a good Marine. Making it worth all the trouble.

Becoming a Marine was a long and arduous journey. I am still working on building new goals because I achieved many, and a lot changed when I was successful with the whole Marine thing. I have an IH Scout. I acquired it before I turned 25, that was a goal. A big goal was to be ahead of where my parents were when they were 25. I got pretty close. I became a Marine and that changed the house goals some, and so did the housing market. But I still got the cars. So, there's that, and I have my kid and fiancé.

-DuckTape
What's next has been pretty up in the air, is what I was getting at, since becoming a Marine was such a singular tunnel vision focus.

Getting a house, being a good father, providing for my family, and replacing my non-project vehicles (fuck u the Scout stays) with more family spacious ones. (No minivans)

(Haha maybe TravelAll :goofball: :flipoff2: )

Being a good Marine. Making it worth all the trouble.

Becoming a Marine was a long and arduous journey. I am still working on building new goals because I achieved many, and a lot changed when I was successful with the whole Marine thing. I have an IH Scout. I acquired it before I turned 25, that was a goal. A big goal was to be ahead of where my parents were when they were 25. I got pretty close. I became a Marine and that changed the house goals some, and so did the housing market. But I still got the cars. So, there's that, and I have my kid and fiancé.
You're doing fine. Keep on keepin on.

My project today

Attachments

• PXL_20230511_140517793.jpg
    PXL_20230511_140517793.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 66
Good morning ladies and gentlemen. I'm currently on leave, so I am back in PA.

Well, I just need to break the ice. Some of you know that I've been with a gal for a few years now. She's a real good girl. Not too sure I deserve it, but now I know better than to keep being stupid.

Well, I'm a father. Soon to be husband. Hopefully with the lessons I learned, maybe I can be a decent father.

Right now I'm cracking on my Scout to get it ready for Scout NATS and to get it shipped to my dooty station. Has a laundry list of needs for it.

Any interested in a couple Jeeps? 2000 XJ and a 2001 Wrangler? Selling both.
We are so happy for you!!!! I'll let him know it's OUT now ;) He posted it on FB a couple of weeks ago and I made him delete it.

Missed opportunity on my part. Bassntruck lives in the same town as me, a fact I only found out when he stopped by my shop in KC 11 years ago. (I don't see as many vehicles around when I drive by now, so I think he still does). I was only in the tech section back then and owned a 4x4 shop up in town, didn't see any of the previous stuff going on with you in CC. Stuff might have worked out different, I actually have a shop and take in strays all the time that need direction:laughing: Glad you got your stuff together and keep on keeping on.

We are so happy for you!!!! I'll let him know it's OUT now ;) He posted it on FB a couple of weeks ago and I made him delete it.
Thank you!
Good job, keep it up.

What is a marine fleet?
Fleet Marine means that you are fully trained and complete Marine, no more student status, attached to a unit, at your permanent duty station, doing your job, prepping for deployment, etc.

That rig is screaming for a Steel Soldiers flat exterior latex paint job.
Does this look like a CUCV to you :flipoff2:
Hey Marine - what in general are the political and social views of your fellow Marines?
Depends on the Marine, really. Some are super Lets go Brandon and some are super orange man bad. Some are in-between.

You really need to return that hat to the toddler you stole it from. We need to donate so you can buy one to fit your melon?
It fits my head fine, I had it made for me, I just have it pushed up to the top of my head like that sometimes.

Top Back Refresh