What's new

Just got a message from Ashke.

Not sure how it could benefit you at all but I jave some property in town there.
Actually.... Yes? Pretty soon I'll get off base liberty/overnight liberty. Be nice to catch some distance from the shithead boots that are just nothing but trouble.

But, but, it's palm trees with white sand and hot bitches in teeny bikinis as far as the eye can see where you got stationed.:flipoff2:
:flipoff2: I have a woman already so I'm good, also, the palm trees are dead. Hot bitches for sure, every one is hot as fuck in this bitch. :lmao:

Actually.... Yes? Pretty soon I'll get off base liberty/overnight liberty. Be nice to catch some distance from the shithead boots that are just nothing but trouble.

:flipoff2: I have a woman already so I'm good, also, the palm trees are dead. Hot bitches for sure, every one is hot as fuck in this bitch. :lmao:
I loved weekend liberty when I was at Camp Pendleton, my favorite aunt and uncle lived in Fallbrook. I'd ride the bus to Fallbrook, my aunt would pick me up and then I'd spend all weekend at their place, with my 4 cousins who were a little younger than me. It's nice to get out of the barracks and away every now and then. And congratulations on getting a good MOS that can translate to a decent civilian career.

Yes. As for my MOS, I'm currently 06XX. I'm hoping to get 0631/0671. The next class picking up next week is 0621, which means that hopefully when WE pick up, we'll pick up into 0631 or 0671. I'm praying.

Hard to go wrong with any 06xx field. Your specific MOS won't make or break you, you will make or break you.

The 06xx field has changed so much in the last 5 years, don't get wrapped around the axle on that stuff. It'll change 50 more times before your EAS. All those MOS's can lead to amazing opportunities on the outside or advancement later on if you decide to stick around the gun club.

I'm in a different field but we get a lot of lat moving 06xx's. You're off to a good start. I should know, I have red in my bars. :flipoff2:

Good afternoon gentleman. Still posted in Twentynine Stumps, but that's changing soon.

My MOS is 0671, Data System Admin. I just passed Annex B written test, 98.25, today. I've passed Annex A and Annex C written and practical application tests as well, all 90+, except my annex C practical application, that was 100. Building domain controllers and work stations and linking them together and setting up group policies like password rules and backgrounds and some other stuff. And users as well.

I graduate December 13th, and I have already been issued my duty station orders, to which I leave her December 14th to report.

My permanent duty station will be Camp Pendleton, CA, for 36 months.

Also I was reading back and I wanted to say something about why I continued to pursue the Marines. Sure, there was battlefield 3, albeit a silly reason. But there is a deeper reason. Far more personal.

2001, 9/11. I was about 4. My mother took it to heart, and dropped everything to join the Army. She joined in 2002 after pressure and push back from them to keep her from doing so, and deployed in 2003, her MOS was the Patriot Missile Defense System, and when she got to her unit they turned her into a SAWgunner. She deployed to Kuwait and then her unit moved to Iraq. She didn't talk about it much, but from what I do know she was an active combatant and saw some terrible things. She was gone for all of 2003. She came back in 2004 and we stayed in Ft Bliss, and then moved to Ft Lewis-McChord where she retired after 8 years active duty. Things changed after that, but it has always stuck with me.

When I tried to join when I was 17, I could never forgive myself for being denied. Everyone else I knew, even sleeze bags were able to get in, but not me.

I was never able to get over the fact that I wanted to do my part, just like my mom did. She believed in it. She thought she was doing the right thing, and how can I do any less than her? It had to be the Marines, but regardless, I had/have the urge, to serve. At 22 years old I was still bitter and angry that I could not serve like she did. Serving today is very different from serving in 2001/2002, but I could never forgive myself for being a grown adult and being unable to do what felt like to me, something I have to do. I wanted to serve more than anybody, why wouldn't they take me? I thought. It was very disheartening and depressing.

Now I'm 25 and I'm finally here, and it feels like a dream come true, despite all the BS that I have to deal with. I'm glad I did it. I just wish it could have been sooner.

Good afternoon gentleman. Still posted in Twentynine Stumps, but that's changing soon.

My MOS is 0671, Data System Admin. I just passed Annex B written test, 98.25, today. I've passed Annex A and Annex C written and practical application tests as well, all 90+, except my annex C practical application, that was 100. Building domain controllers and work stations and linking them together and setting up group policies like password rules and backgrounds and some other stuff. And users as well.

I graduate December 13th, and I have already been issued my duty station orders, to which I leave her December 14th to report.

Also I was reading back and I wanted to say something about why I continued to pursue the Marines. Sure, there was battlefield 3, albeit a silly reason. But there is a deeper reason. Far more personal.

2001, 9/11. I was about 4. My mother took it to heart, and dropped everything to join the Army. She joined in 2002 after pressure and push back from them to keep her from doing so, and deployed in 2003, her MOS was the Patriot Missile Defense System, and when she got to her unit they turned her into a SAWgunner. She deployed to Kuwait and then her unit moved to Iraq. She didn't talk about it much, but from what I do know she was an active combatant and saw some terrible things. She was gone for all of 2003. She came back in 2004 and we stayed in Ft Bliss, and then moved to Ft Lewis-McChord where she retired after 8 years active duty. Things changed after that, but it has always stuck with me.

When I tried to join when I was 17, I could never forgive myself for being denied. Everyone else I knew, even sleeze bags were able to get in, but not me.

I was never able to get over the fact that I wanted to do my part, just like my mom did. She believed in it. She thought she was doing the right thing, and how can I do any less than her? It had to be the Marines, but regardless, I had/have the urge, to serve. At 22 years old I was still bitter and angry that I could not serve like she did. Serving today is very different from serving in 2001/2002, but I could never forgive myself for being a grown adult and being unable to do what felt like to me, something I have to do. I wanted to serve more than anybody, why wouldn't they take me? I thought. It was very disheartening and depressing.

Now I'm 25 and I'm finally here, and it feels like a dream come true, despite all the BS that I have to deal with. I'm glad I did it. I just wish it could have been sooner.
So proud of you, man. I along with most of here would give you a giant hug. Thank you.

Congratulations. You might be a 20 year career Marine but if not you are definitely setting yourself up for later in life by being in computer stuff. And most importantly by being a Marine. I got more than a few jobs just from my employer seeing USMC on my resume. My aunt and uncle live in Fallbrook and one of my cousins live in Oceanside, next time I'm down I'll look you up.

You did good kid, way to take control of your future, super impressed.:usa::cool2:

My MOS is 0671, Data System Admin.

Jeebus, you'll be busy scrolling down all the pronouns in the drop down lists.

Good on ya, man. You went beyond just making your own bed every day.

:beer:

So proud of you, man. I along with most of here would give you a giant hug. Thank you.
I'm not a big "everything happens for a reason" person but you are not the same person now than you were when you first tried to join. I only know you from here but you seem more motivated and "grown up" and I think that had a big part of your success. I'm not sure what would your experience would have been had you actually got accepted the first time. But none of that matters now. You are a marine and you are serving your country. Thank You for your service!

As for becoming a nerd, you already had the glasses for it so might as well go the whole way!!!! As someone already said you are setting yourself up for success after the marines. Keep at it. I'll send you one of my old pocket protectors.

Good Job!
Keep it up

Top Back Refresh