What's new
  • Check out our new Group Buy Program! We're kicking it off with Baja Designs! $10 Flat rate shipping no matter how much you order!

Just got a message from Ashke.

First time I have checked this thread, figured it was a mess but man that is excellent news! Congrats to him.

Just curious, how old is he? Doesn't have to be exact. I thought it was just a bit younger than I am.

So good to see it. Thank you for sharing the pic.
I forgot to ask earlier, what did he score on the rifle range and earn which of the titles?

Just curious, how old is he? Doesn't have to be exact. I thought it was just a bit younger than I am.
mid 20s... but surprisingly not the oldest in the platoon.

1658521328625.png

Went out to Longhorn Steak House and I bought him a beer :) (We had steaks too lol)

Welcome back, Ashke!

Good job!!

So spill- what was it like?
Good evening gentlemen, good evening ladies. Here I stand, a United States Marine. I am proud. I earned this, and you bet your ass I cried when I got handed the EGA after the long, and brutal, Crucible, the one and only way to forge a recruit, through the fires and flames, into a Marine, and only those who truly desire, truly want it, truly feel it, survive.

More or less, it was what I expected. The yelling and screaming, I knew that was coming. What I didn't expect, was to be the one to get it all. Even the DIs during the crux acknowledged that I was the recruit who got the worst of it through all of recruit training. Probably a good thing, what with shaving all that weight and all. Needed the help!

I'm 25, for those who didn't know. It wasn't easy but I did it.

Good evening gentlemen, good evening ladies. Here I stand, a United States Marine. I am proud. I earned this, and you bet your ass I cried when I got handed the EGA after the long, and brutal, Crucible, the one and only way to forge a recruit, through the fires and flames, into a Marine, and only those who truly desire, truly want it, truly feel it, survive.

More or less, it was what I expected. The yelling and screaming, I knew that was coming. What I didn't expect, was to be the one to get it all. Even the DIs during the crux acknowledged that I was the recruit who got the worst of it through all of recruit training. Probably a good thing, what with shaving all that weight and all. Needed the help!

Nice job, Ashke. You held to your dream and you did it. Major props! :beret::beer::usa:

Good for you dude, I'm truly happy for you! May this be but a stepping stone to your continued forward progress in life.

By mak8ng it through the trials, I hope you learned that you can make it through anything, and have learned the mindset to push through whatever life throws your way.

:beer: to you

The yelling and screaming, I knew that was coming. What I didn't expect, was to be the one to get it all. Even the DIs during the crux acknowledged that I was the recruit who got the worst of it through all of recruit training.
Making the world a better place by easing the burden for your fellow recruits! :beer:

good deal bud,

so is this your new name on here? just trying to keep up again cool beans. :beer:

About the Army but the sentiment remains.:laughing:

I wasn't on the "old board" but have been following along with D_JEEPER about your progress. Regardless of your past fuck-ups, your future is bright, and nobody can take this away from you.
:usa:

Well done marine! Keep your focus and motivation sharp and you will do great in all you set your goals on. I'm very happy to see you getting your goals and your shit co located!

Congrats!

Your next goal should be avoiding getting married.

Trust me. :beer:
His girl is really awesome. On our drive back home, I told him he better put a ring on it before she realizes her mistake (:laughing:). She was in the car with us haha.
She is a good match for him with a strong future ahead and good goals in mind.:cool2:

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh