What's new
  • Check out our new Group Buy Program! We're kicking it off with Baja Designs! $10 Flat rate shipping no matter how much you order!

Just got a message from Ashke.

Congrats!

Your next goal should be avoiding getting married.

Trust me. :beer:
While the advice is useful for most, I don't agree for myself. When you find the one that's right for you, when you know it's right, you should never let that go. Luckily for me, I found the one that's right for me. She keeps me in check. She's a very good contrast to myself. D_JEEPER has met her in person. I may not be entirely good for her but she is very good for me and good to me, whether I deserve it or not. I love that woman, and she is a good one.

While the advice is useful for most, I don't agree for myself. When you find the one that's right for you, when you know it's right, you should never let that go. Luckily for me, I found the one that's right for me. She keeps me in check. She's a very good contrast to myself. D_JEEPER has met her in person. I may not be entirely good for her but she is very good for me and good to me, whether I deserve it or not. I love that woman, and she is a good one.
watch out for Jody :lmao:

Then keep her. I'm not saying you need to be single or play the field, just don't get legally and financially bound to anyone for a while. Take your time. If she's the one, she will wait.

Then she'll be there at the end of your enlistment as well.

Have a fun first enlistment with these simple steps:

1) Don't have kids.
2) Don't get married.
This right here. He will end up with 3 kids and wife that weighs 400 pounds and be miserable because of it.

This right here. He will end up with 3 kids and wife that weighs 400 pounds and be miserable because of it.

Closing in on 15 years and there's one common denominator: Every one of the dumpster fire girlfriend/wife stories I can share all stemmed from one thing they all had in common - "She's not like the others." :homer:

Bruh. The reason you say she's not like the others is exactly what makes her just like the others

Some people are just determined to learn lessons the hard way :laughing:

Closing in on 15 years and there's one common denominator: Every one of the dumpster fire girlfriend/wife stories I can share all stemmed from one thing they all had in common - "She's not like the others." :homer:

Bruh. The reason you say she's not like the others is exactly what makes her just like the others

I’ve seen it a million times. It’s ruined many a good men.

I didn't say she's not like the others. I simply said she's the one. We've been together for several years at this point. At some point you just know whether or not something will work long term, through thick and thin.

Good evening gentlemen, good evening ladies. Here I stand, a United States Marine. I am proud. I earned this, and you bet your ass I cried when I got handed the EGA after the long, and brutal, Crucible, the one and only way to forge a recruit, through the fires and flames, into a Marine, and only those who truly desire, truly want it, truly feel it, survive.

I'm 25, for those who didn't know. It wasn't easy but I did it.
All the Marines I know, both active and retired have one big thing in common and that is they are fearless. Not so much as take on a charging tiger with bare hands, but more of there is no task or situation that can't be conquered, and that seems to stay with them throughout their lives. No quit, no complaining, no excuses, just action. This will serve you well. :beer:

Also. Go to any parking lot on base.

Average car KBB value of an E-4: $45,000
Average car KBB value of an E-8/9, CWO, or officer: $20,000

E-4 pay: $2200/mo
E-8 pay: $6000/mo

:laughing:
Good thing I'm not planning on buying a car, on account of I own 3 already. One TJ. One XJ, one Scout. My KBB value of all 3 is -$4500.

Good evening gentlemen, good evening ladies. Here I stand, a United States Marine. I am proud. I earned this, and you bet your ass I cried when I got handed the EGA after the long, and brutal, Crucible, the one and only way to forge a recruit, through the fires and flames, into a Marine, and only those who truly desire, truly want it, truly feel it, survive.

More or less, it was what I expected. The yelling and screaming, I knew that was coming. What I didn't expect, was to be the one to get it all. Even the DIs during the crux acknowledged that I was the recruit who got the worst of it through all of recruit training. Probably a good thing, what with shaving all that weight and all. Needed the help!

I'm 25, for those who didn't know. It wasn't easy but I did it.
Shut the fuck up Boot.

But seriously, congrats and welcome to the Cult.

Congrats. We baked you a cake to celebrate.

1659492095548.png

:flipoff2:

Yep, because the older/more mature individuals understand that there is more to life than an overpriced, quickly depreciating asset.

I feel yer right on all that.
My battle buddy bought a pickup from the lemon lot. Early 2000s Chevy 1500 2x4 with a lift, it was a clean truck and what he wanted. We were in a-school at port huenene in 2008 and went to the dmv a few times till we got someone that gave a shit, buddy was headed to Texas after training and I wasn't going to let him spend $900 to register the truck in Calif to move out of state a month later. Glad that person that gave a shit gave him a temp tag, he was about to pay up. Dmv is a scam near military post.

I didn't say she's not like the others. I simply said she's the one. We've been together for several years at this point. At some point you just know whether or not something will work long term, through thick and thin.
Another thought: when the time comes, you'll probably make a great parent. You've unfortunately had it rough in that area; hopefully that will incent you to do it right with your own kids.

Top Back Refresh