What's new
  • Check out our new Group Buy Program! We're kicking it off with Baja Designs! $10 Flat rate shipping no matter how much you order!

Just got a message from Ashke.

Tomorrow I will head down to Parris Island. We are staying right on the outskirt of the base, on the water. (I am bringing some of my Ham gear if someone wanted to attempt a QSO :homer:)

I wanted to try to get there so that we checked in Wednesday so I could be there for the Moto Run on Thursday but we could not find a place with an opening. This is a getaway weekend for me and the wife, as well. Farming has kept us working every day and our last vacation was a weekend in Feb 2020. I am going to formally request that graduation is pushed out to noon or 1pm so I can sleep in :homer:
:lmao:

Graduation is Friday. Our place is right outside of the gate, so my plan is to Exfil the Crimson Chin ASAP. Per the letters, he is beyond ready to be off of that island haha.:laughing:

Right now, I suspect out PVT is enjoying a taste of the following while trying to turn his shit in....
1658334602615.png

I'm happy to donate to the fund also, post up a PayPal address.
Proud of him for sticking to his dream!

Im a tight wad, but I would like to kick down some bread to the cause.
When will he know what his MOS will be?

I never really followed the drama but I'm happy the kid made it through.

If he's a real Marine, he should have already spent $400 at the PX and got himself a "much needed g shock watch" and won't sleep the next few days because he and all the other retards bought a fuck ton of energy drinks and sugar snacks. So they'll be bouncing off the walls and shitting their brains out after not having caffeine or sugar for 3 months :laughing::lmao:

Looking back, bootcamp was perhaps the hardest yet easiest thing I've done. Not a single thought required from you. Just fucking run and scream :homer:

If he's a real Marine, he should have already spent $400 at the PX and got himself a "much needed g shock watch" and won't sleep the next few days because he and all the other retards bought a fuck ton of energy drinks and sugar snacks. So they'll be bouncing off the walls and shitting their brains out after not having caffeine or sugar for 3 months :laughing::lmao:

Looking back, bootcamp was perhaps the hardest yet easiest thing I've done. Not a single thought required from you. Just fucking run and scream :homer:

It's a damn good thing the new Scout isn't coming out for a another few years or he'd already have one locked in at 23% for 82 months.

I've scene many boots blow a whole paycheck at the NEX/PX on electric gizmos like laptops and stereo systems.

This is a great story, congrats to the kid and all who helped him!
I can still remember his first posts like it was yesterday......sniff sniff... and now he's all grown up.

Right now, I suspect out PVT is enjoying a taste of the following while trying to turn his shit in....
1658334602615.png
Oh, that's not exclusive to the Corps...:laughing:

When I was retiring, I still had a set of canteen cups from several stations ago. Everyone knows the Army went the way of the Camelback over a decade prior to my retirement, so I dug the unused cups out, rinsed them, dried them, and didn't give them a second thought.

They got rejected. Twice.

Why?

The first time, they saw the faded markings of somebody else's name in sharpie on the bottom of one of them. Of course I had gotten them that way, and of course the evil little Asian woman didn't care. I went home and scrubbed the crap out of the bottom side to ensure the name was gone and brought them back.

The second rejection? The bottom of one is shiny. You need to make the rest of it and the other just as shiny.

I literally had to sand the canteen cups inside and out with 180 grit in order to make them shine with an even pattern across the face... only for them to go to the surplus pile nd be sent off for some JROTC kid too get issued at his high school in the future.:shaking:

Fuckin' CIF.

Top Back Refresh