What's new

Jeep formerly known as 'The Turd'

... and in with the new ...

20210116_A_assembled engine.jpg

20210116_B_engine going in.jpg

20210116_C_engine in.jpg

20210116_D_engine done.jpg

Engine fired off and all is good. Dyno guy is booked 'til the end of the month tho so on hold waitin' for the new tune.

Size does matter Kevin. And yes ... old tune to fire it off. Runs poorly but it runs.

Meanwhile, only got 2 thangs left. Some touch up paint on the front grill (the only unmolested JK part left on the rig) ... and it's at the paint shop. And gotta replace the amp on the stereo.

All other items on the work list are a done deal.

Dyno tune fella's gonna pick 'er up Monday and try to optimize the ponies to the ground.

So please join me in prayers to the horsepower gods. :grinpimp:

Great question indeed and I sure as fuck wish I knew the answer. Reckon I'll try to get a phone number for the dyno guy so I can get the scoop first hand. Far as I know, he's still got it for some reason.

Sucks bein' 2000 miles away and dependin' on other folks for updates ... and I'm really gettin' tired of this shit.

I just wanna get my jeep back so I can put it up for sale.

Damn it, I wish I wasn't poor! I would really like to have it!

Great question indeed and I sure as fuck wish I knew the answer. Reckon I'll try to get a phone number for the dyno guy so I can get the scoop first hand. Far as I know, he's still got it for some reason.

Sucks bein' 2000 miles away and dependin' on other folks for updates ... and I'm really gettin' tired of this shit.

I just wanna get my jeep back so I can put it up for sale.

4 door??? Thinking of settling down and raising a
family ????
:flipoff2:

Was this the plan all along, or at what point did you get tired of it???

Tired of havin' the jeep in a shop 2000 miles away. Not tired of the jeep. With a brand new Hemi and the rest of the bugs worked out, should be in phenomenal condition. Which would be a great trouble-free time to explore selling it. Problem is that the potential buyer's gonna have to have a lotta cash.

Sale price is $75k ... OBO exceeding $75k cash. If it doesn't sell for a minimum of $75k, I'll be more than happy to keep it.

Just lookin' into the possibility of liquidatin' some of my assets in order to restructure my financial portfolio.

Take $30k for my bad-ass truck and $28k for my lil' campin' trailer as well.

Meanwhile, dyno dude had some trouble with the stand-alone brain. Mainly the absence of the vehicle speed sensor. Hopes to perform the final dyno run Tuesday.

We'll see.

Evidently, the dyno dude's still strugglin' with the lack of a vehicle speed sensor.

Very discouragin'.

80 fuckin' degrees outside and I got myself a brand-spanky-new bikini top just waitin' here in the box. Fuckin' sucks.

Evidently, the dyno dude's still strugglin' with the lack of a vehicle speed sensor.

Very discouragin'.

80 fuckin' degrees outside and I got myself a brand-spanky-new bikini top just waitin' here in the box. Fuckin' sucks.

Time to find another dyno dude or to install a tone ring on the rear output shaft of the atlas.

Sounds like a helluvan adventure before she went into the shop. Hopefully the tuner gets it sorted soon and you can play in it some more. Good luck.

So evidently the tuner dude done threw in the towel on cypherin' out the lack of the VSS. But here's what I've been texted:

"It runs well but can't set the final parameters.

Will it run 100k miles? probably.

Would you ever know the difference? probably not"

Supposedly it put 295 hp to the ground but I ain't seen no dyno printouts. And now it's back in the shop at TNT to wrap ev'rythang up.

20210304_in shop.jpg

And here's the plan ...

Fly up to Cheyenne on Monday, 15 March to fetch it. Hook up to my lil' campin' trailer and haul ass down to Texas to join all my friends at a big-ass T'yota gig at Katemcy Rocks.

Then try to sober up enough to drive it on back to Florida and try to find a tuner dude that knows what the fuck he's doin'.

He isn't in Fl, but if you need, I've got a great great tooner dude in KY that knows offroad rigs.

I can set you up with a couple of different HEMI tuners. One is in middle TN and the other is in South FL. PM me with your number and I will send you their info......if you're interested.

Or you could check with the company that built your motor. Arrington use to have a guy named AJ aka "Hemituner" write tunes for their motors. Not sure if they still do as that was back in 2011 last time I dealt with them. But it's worth a shot to check with them anyways.

Thanks gentlemen. Hopefully I'll be able to find somebody right here in Jacksonville. Just don't seem like a stand-alone hemi engine would be all that rare in the street rod scene. Mine just happens to be in a jeep.

We'll see.

Callin' for a record-breakin' blizzard this weekend in Cheyenne/Northern Colorado ... 2 - 3' of snow for fuck sake.

If'n the plane can just get me to Denver Monday ... and I-25 is open so a rental car can get me on up to Cheyenne ... got no doubt I can get the yella jeep and lil' trailer outta there.

Ease on due South and I'll be clear of the storm in a coupla hun'erd miles.

We'll see.

LOL, We had a friend coming down from Denver today and heading back Sunday. They cancelled their trip cuz they didn't think they would get home sunday.

Today the flights into Denver are cancelled and I-25 is closed headin' into Wyomin'. Hope thangs improve for my travel day tomorrow. We'll see.

Today's flight to Denver cancelled also. Flights to Albuquerque all booked. Was a flight to Kansas City ... but no rental cars available.

So off I go to Dallas. Rent a car there and drive the last 9 hun'erd miles. Maybe by the time I get to Northern Colorado, I-25 will be open again.

We'll see.

Today and tomorrow supposed to snow again. Don't push it and end up like donner pass, you might need both arms in the future.

Gotta manual transmission so definitely need both arms sir.

Today was a fuckin' awesome 16-hour travel day. :smokin:

Damn near missed my connection in Atlanta ... but landed at Love Field in Dallas right on time. Grabbed me a super, high-performance and luxurious T'yota Corolla and escaped the DFW nightmare. Shot up through Amarillo and over to Raton, NM to hit I-25. Up and over the pass and on into Colorado. Made it to Walsenburg right at dark and dogged 'er off. Covered better than 6 hun'erd road miles and now relaxin' with a 12-pack in the Presidential Suite of a shoddy Best Western motel-no-tell. Ain't got no fridge, but cool enuf for the Coors outside the room. Life is good.

Still not sure if'n I-25 is open on up to Wyomin' and hear my jeep is buried in a damn 5' snowdrift in TNT's parkin' lot.

Tomorrow might prove right interestin'.

Got me 4 goals:

1) Get to fuckin' Cheyenne
2) Dig out my jeep and lil' trailer
3) Dig my way into my storage unit 'cross town to fetch all the shit that goes in my jeep and lil' trailer
4) Haul ass outta town and get a coupla hun'erd miles south where there ain't no snow

We'll see.

Top Back Refresh