What's new

Jeep formerly known as 'The Turd'

Look at the bright side...................could of been raining.:flipoff2:

Seems stupid to send new plates, but I doubt any DMV has ever been smart.

Still love the ass end of the Jeep:beer:

I would have ordered some rivnuts to eliminate that issue. ASSuming you don't have a welder handy.

Look at the bright side...................could of been raining.:flipoff2:

Funny you should mention that sir ... forcast for rain the rest of the month is why I did it that day.

Seems stupid to send new plates, but I doubt any DMV has ever been smart.

My limited research skills seem to indicate South Dakota sends out new plates ev'ry 5 years or so.

Still love the ass end of the Jeep:beer:

This makes me uncomfortable. :eek:

I would have ordered some rivnuts to eliminate that issue. ASSuming you don't have a welder handy.

Well nut would be even easier, in my opinion... :beer:

Reckon I now got 'bout 5 years to ponder on these most excellent suggestions. :smokin:

Actu'ly got to do me some 4-wheelin'!

Sort of.

Fella got fucked up like a lab rat tryin' to back his 5th wheel into the spot next to me at The White Trash Trailer Park. Done got off the gravel and into the muddy grass. Starboard stern duals were spinnin'. So he put it in 4wd and the starboard bow started spinnin' to boot. Stuck.

I walked outside just in time and yelled at him to stop 'fore he buried the fuckin' thang to the frame. Went to pull the strap outta the jeep to pull 'im out and he asked what I was gonna use. Told 'im the jeep. He asked if I had anythang bigger 'cause he didin't wanna unhitch the trailer. Told 'im it'd be just fine. So strapped it to the stern and told him to just steer as he comes out. He said he didn't want me jerkin' on the strap. Told 'im it'd be just fine. Small crowd that had gathered seemed to have their doubts.

It really was a no-brainer. Jeep was sittin' on blacktop. Locked up the hubs and both axles and put all 3 levers into low. Eased out on the clutch and pulled 'er outta there at 800 rpm at the speed of molasses on a cold winter mornin'.

And the crowd went wild.

20231001_Stuck RV.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking about this thread the other day….
Saw a Heep pulling a small trailer and thought, I hope Kowboy didn’t get rid of his pile!!!!!

Glad to see it out doing some work!!!!

Yes:flipoff2:

I still dig how the fenders tie into the corners. Oh, and the billion dollar tailgate (inflation and all).

I doubt it'll sell.

Not advertised anywheres but here and ain't nobody gonna be able to get a $40k loan for an '08 jeep.

Which means the buyer's gonna have to be sittin' on some cash.

And $40k is my bottom line since that's what I paid for it 9 years ago.

Hate to lose money on it. :lmao:

Last edited:
lol. Read this start to finish.

I don't have the dough, but I might in a few months. How many miles on it now?

Top Back Refresh