What's new

Jeep formerly known as 'The Turd'

Picked the jeep up yesterday at Stage6 Motorsports after a week-long (and hopefully final) visit.

As previously stated ... issues that needed to be addressed:

Windshield is now cracked most the way across. Gonna have to replace.

Crack ain't in my line of sight so this ain't gonna get fixed no time soon.

Developed a small oil drip somewheres on the engine. I hate oil drips. Gotta get located and fixed.

Found to be the remote oil filter housing leaking ... again. I'm on my third unit already. But Jason at Stage6 figured out the mystery. At full stuff, the front suspension was tappin' the bottom of the unit. You can see the area of impact ...

20220419_Remote oil filter.jpg

So relocated the unit further forward and made up new hoses for it. All good.

New throttle cable is phenomenal on the rocks. Instant throttle ‘on’. But the subsequent throttle ‘off’ isn’t quite instant. That’s in the tune and we thought mite have to tweak. We do.

Some kind of tune issue right at 1500 rpm. Can drive at no throttle at 1000 rpm. Can drive at some throttle at 1800 rpm. Just can’t quite get it to run steady with just a bit of throttle at 1500 rpm. No spittin’ and sputterin’ like before but just can’t get it to hold there. Strange.

These two issues ended up havin' the same solution. Jason decreased some-thin'-or-other in the tune. Sounded like he said "eye-ack". No fuckin' idea what this is ... but both problems wonderfully solved.

Windshield light bar quit workin’. Again.

I was confused when I picked up the jeep last year at TNT and the new light bar had a remote control. Evidently, a fella can make the damned thang blink in dif'rent patterns ... and in dif'rent colors. Reckon just in case ya wanna pull into a truck stop and have it flash in pink so the truckers know you're ready to give 'em a blowjob.

But I just ain't into all that.

And the reason the light bar quit workin' was that the lil' brain that controls the light show was fried. So Jason took that lil' brain ... and the stupid fuckin' remote control ... and tossed 'em both into the dumpster. Then he cyphered out what wire made the light bar come on. Then he wired that direct. Now when you flip the switch the light bar lights up white. Ain't that what it's suppossed to do in the first place??

And of course … still need to fix the stereo.

This ain't gonna be fixed no time soon neither.

And another problem surfaced after I was back from my trip for 'bout a week. Was drivin' 'long doin' 'bout thirty in a construction zone when the oil-pressure gauged dropped the fuck out. Pegged zero. Oh Fuck! Shot between two traffic cones into the construction zone and killed the engine instantly. Got out expectin' to see an oil slick behind me. Nope. Pulled the dipstick ... all full. Fuckin' gauge. Apologized to the construction workers and eased on down the road.

Found the oil-pressure sensor to be bad. Ordered and installed a new one from SpeedHut. All good.

So now just gonna drive it.

Anywheres and ev'rywheres.

Ev'ry day.

And that's all I've ever wanted. :smokin:

Love the progress report man !

Seems like the Jason fella is damn good at his job and goes above and beyond for you. I don't know many tuners who would open a light bar to hard wire it.

I really enjoy following your adventures! Keep it up.

The eye-ack could be IAC (idle air control).

Thank you sir ... and I believe you're exactly correct.

Love the progress report man !

Seems like the Jason fella is damn good at his job and goes above and beyond for you. I don't know many tuners who would open a light bar to hard wire it.

Thank you sir. The crew at Stage6 was really good to me. Reckon they found the jeep to be both a challenge and a fun novelty to have in their shop. Great group of guys.

I'm sure it feels good to be down to the little shit.:beer:

Without a doubt sir. I swear the fuckin' thang is my emotional therapy critter. No matter how bad life beats me down, it's absolutely impossible to be in a bad mood when drivin' it. Maybe money can buy happiness after all.

Sorry folks ... no drama here. Fucker's runnin' great.

But while you're here ...

I ain't much on stickers and shit on my rigs. We know I got the raised CJ-7 letters on the Million-Dollar Tailgate for a touch of heritage:

20220524_A_tailgate.jpg

And I let Bob carve his logo into the rocker panels:

20220524_B_tnt.jpg

The logo is plasma cut out and then we painted a small square on the tub black behind it.

And that's it.

Until a while back a new Challenger parked next to me at the bar with the SuperBee tribute 392 badges on the side. Ordered 'em the same day and they been backordered for over a month. Just got 'em.

20220524_C_392.jpg

And I like 'em.

I like 'em alot.

I really dig the badges. Subtle but hot.

I agree completely. Local dodge house wanted 250 bucks for the pair but I got 'em online from a MOPAR place for 150. Cool that they're two dif'rent part numbers. The bee is facin' forwards on both sides of the jeep.

Glad to hear you finally got it dialed in!!!
:beer::beer::beer:

Thank you sir!!!!

7 years did the trick.

Saw your comments on gt1guy 's thread. Any updates on the turd? Is it at least staying out of the shop?

Was wondering if you were out mosey-ing around the Prarie in that fine running ma-chine. Hows been the adventures?

Was wondering if you were out mosey-ing around the Prarie in that fine running ma-chine. Hows been the adventures?

Just been mosey-ing back and forth to work.

I'd get a shirt, but they'd have to photoshop the jackstands out of the picture.:flipoff2:

They done a good job photoshoppin' the rocks out from under mine so don't see no reason why they can't do the same for your jackstands. :grinpimp:

Damm they are proud of those things.

Well ... let me think ...

The oil pressure gauge went out again. Assume the sending unit again. Terminater X display panel shows oil pressure so no biggie.

Starter went out. Put 'er in a shop outside of Charleston for the repair. Fuckin' nightmare as always but now we have the info on the starter for the future. Shop also said my ball joints were bad so they replaced them as well.

Windshield's still cracked, stereo still acts only as a clock.

Still drive it daily and the thrill of doin' so is still there daily.

... and it's still for sale.

Ain't nuthin' simple folks.

South Dakota tags expire on your birthday month ... which for me is May. So had to renew the fleet. For some reason they sent me new plates for the F-450 and the jeep.

Slap a new sticker on the plate on the ass end of the monster RV. Total of 4 screws to swap out the plates on the 450. 2 screws to swap out the front plate on the magnet set-up on the jeep. 'Bout 2 minutes into the project so far. :smokin:

Then get to the back of the jeep. Can't be done.

4 screw heads just turn. Manage to get one finger wedged in behind the bumper to feel the nut spinnin'. You gotta be fuckin' kiddin' me. Ain't no way a fella's gonna get any type of tool on them fuckers.

So gotta pull the god-damned bumper off to change the license plate. :shaking:

20230526_license plate.jpg

So the 3-minute project turned into a 3-beer project. :beer:

Top Back Refresh