What's new

Irate KoH Recap

Just saw this thread today and read thru it. Sorry I missed meeting a bunch of you as I was camped in that direction and probably walked by your camp/Ultra3 camp at least a half dozen times while we were there.

We had a ton of fun this year! Rented an RV in Bakersfield that we picked up on our way down on Monday the 6th. I expected a huge line by the time we got close to Hammertown that would take 2-3 ours to get to our buddies campsite. Instead we pretty much drove right in and was at camp by 4:30.
IMG_0262.JPEG

IMG_0263.JPEG

On Tuesday we went and wheeled Sledgehammer. Had an awesome time, especially when some racers came thru prerunning and the trail got clogged up. During that time I got the opportunity to chat with John and Casey Currie.
IMG_0270.JPEG

IMG_0281.JPEG

Wednesday we went and wheeled Aftershock. Was rad being out there with no one else around and then bumping into one of my UA buddies from this past year.
IMG_0304.JPEG

Otherwise Aftershock was another awesome trail to wheel and yes i did have to winch my iron heavy ass off this spot.
IMG_0306.JPEG

Thursday we did some dune running followed up by a trip to the dyno.
IMG_0314.JPEG

IMG_0319.JPEG

We had the RV rented until Friday and had to have it back to Bakersfield by 11:00AM. We headed out at day break and was home that afternoon. Each day of wheeling was filmed and will be coming out in a three part series. Below is a teaser of our trip. Next year I hope to meet some of you!

After the 4400 race, the Blyler‘s decided to give away body panels from their vehicles with their autographs. My granddaughter got one, then she boldly asked Tom Wayes and Raul Gomez for body panels off their cars. She bet Raul she could tell him where he got his shoes for that panel on his car he lost the bet when she told him “you got them on your feet”. She ended up with panels from all three cars and a hat with autographs from Raul, Jason, both Blyler‘s, and Tom Wayes.
633D99EA-3712-4F74-A702-32AEED822DA8.jpeg
804B6A84-26C9-407A-B540-F547DE546DBB.jpeg
6CC3CE5A-1ABF-4C51-BF53-DB41562C0233.jpeg

That is freaking cool of those racers to give your daughter those panels. :smokin:

Just saw this thread today and read thru it. Sorry I missed meeting a bunch of you as I was camped in that direction and probably walked by your camp/Ultra3 camp at least a half dozen times while we were there.

We had a ton of fun this year! Rented an RV in Bakersfield that we picked up on our way down on Monday the 6th. I expected a huge line by the time we got close to Hammertown that would take 2-3 ours to get to our buddies campsite. Instead we pretty much drove right in and was at camp by 4:30.
IMG_0262.JPEG

IMG_0263.JPEG

On Tuesday we went and wheeled Sledgehammer. Had an awesome time, especially when some racers came thru prerunning and the trail got clogged up. During that time I got the opportunity to chat with John and Casey Currie.
IMG_0270.JPEG

IMG_0281.JPEG

Wednesday we went and wheeled Aftershock. Was rad being out there with no one else around and then bumping into one of my UA buddies from this past year.
IMG_0304.JPEG

Otherwise Aftershock was another awesome trail to wheel and yes i did have to winch my iron heavy ass off this spot.
IMG_0306.JPEG

IMG_0314.JPEG

IMG_0319.JPEG

We had the RV rented until Friday and had to have it back to Bakersfield by 11:00AM. We headed out at day break and was home that afternoon. Each day of wheeling was filmed and will be coming out in a three part series. Below is a teaser of our trip. Next year I hope to meet some of you!

that is really cool truck I'll have to subscribe to your channel when I get home. :grinpimp:

IMG_0262.JPEG

IMG_0263.JPEG

IMG_0270.JPEG

IMG_0281.JPEG

IMG_0304.JPEG

IMG_0306.JPEG

IMG_0314.JPEG

IMG_0319.JPEG

That's awesome! We kept passing each other on Hwy5 and was trying to time it to hopefully get some pics

I pretty positive I saw you humping across the lake bed sometime early Sunday afternoon when I was heading out to run some trails in the YJ. I was thinking 'they're really getting after it in that poor BII'. :laughing:

I think this was year #9 for me. I got out there late Thursday, and met up with my group, just in time to catch the BD party. Stayed until Monday morning. Good trip, barely talked to a single soul outside my little camp, but had a blast. We were one of the furthest south camps on the lake bed this year. Overall good trip, just a slow ride there and home from CO dealing with wind and weather.

I had a blast running around in the rig I've been working on saving from the grave, pretty old school build that honestly held its own and made a lot of nicer/newer rigs look silly out on some of the trails:flipoff2: ran right up everything I pointed it at.. until I tried backdoor Sunday afternoon. Grenaded the yoke on my 14B trying to put on a show for the 20 or so people hanging out, hope they enjoyed it!
20230212_140257_01.jpg
20230214_190813.jpg
20230214_190841.jpg

I pretty positive I saw you humping across the lake bed sometime early Sunday afternoon when I was heading out to run some trails in the YJ. I was thinking 'they're really getting after it in that poor BII'. :laughing:

That was us :laughing: I was trying to catch back up to Pinzguy on our way to camp and didn't expect it to be as choppy as it was passing off the side of the burned-in road. I thought about dropping back in behind you guys, but I didn't want to look like a bitch after going for the pass :flipoff2:

That was us :laughing: I was trying to catch back up to Pinzguy on our way to camp and didn't expect it to be as choppy as it was passing off the side of the burned-in road. I thought about dropping back in behind you guys, but I didn't want to look like a bitch after going for the pass :flipoff2:

I can appreciate the commitment to the skinny pedal! Haha sorry we were slow rolling, we had just left camp and my kidneys werent warmed up for the ride in the ol paint shaker yet, gotta ease into it for the first ride of the day :laughing:

There's light at the end of the tunnel. Just posted up some of the 4400 Qualifications photos on the media section.

Finally finished going through my EMC photos and got some of Amber Turner. For the past 4 years, she broke down during the race but this year she finished in her Suzuki Samurai .
3K1A0809.jpeg
We were in Hammertown Heights when she pulled in after the race.

Talk about a win. I don't think I've ever seen someone in more desperate need of a beer.

Congrats! That's fucking rad!

I don’t post much but ran into a few members and many friends.

a month before KOH I decided to completely redo my rw1 crawler, then buy a rock bouncer only to not even enter the shoot out with it.

Spent the week ripping around in my willys and then tried to kill myself foolishly when i ran the qualifying lap after the 4400 guy were done. I had the roll bar in the down position and admit it 100 percent was a dumb move that ill be learning from. I escaped unharmed after being under it about 20 min or something.

Thursday night, for this year i had Big Willy towed out “my buddy Ian owns it” we got big high bay lights provided from Nacho the KOH light sponsor and my buddy made a stand to hold them, we lit up back door and set up a small disco club worth of speakers up and played music.

Other than one idiot in a Toyota, Thursday night was a good time and people took trash bags and picked up at the end. I think that’s the 4th or 5th year ive brought music and lights, this was the best one yet.

the bouncer has a supercharged lt5 and was built by nick Nelson, it’s awesome but with so many people around i had a hard time sending it at or up anything, places like chocolate we so packed i ended up having to just crawl it. Which turns out doesn’t work that well with so much wheel base and how low it is lol. Other times i flogged the hell out of it and it sends rocks flying like crazy. Fun though.

roxor powered willys hit 82hp on the Dyno set the low score mark for the day, the lt5 bouncer put 470 up and set the high mark, aside from blake I didn’t hear of a higher number that week. I do think there is more in the motor as it was falling off power wise pretty harshly, tuning to come.

other notes, Starlink worked amazing, weather was great aside from 2 windy days, this was a great year.
20607DB4-266C-430A-8476-0A7E079323CD.jpeg
6CDCC8C5-C6E6-4F67-BA0E-6BE09CC36C01.jpeg
62C48098-2885-41DF-95A8-7D13BC2BA410.jpeg
0A93EE48-9AB2-4A2E-9E11-8E92E9CEDDF7.jpeg
AB807296-4681-4438-A365-E4A9C6738CC8.jpeg
0E6724B3-2F9C-4B3A-84FD-68B682D691B9.jpeg
10B5FEA8-0D2A-484C-912D-8959BD3A3272.jpeg
12905895-99AF-44B3-AF40-074B24A5B631.jpeg

Holy crap, that was you!?!?! We kept hearing of a Jeep Willy's that rolled really bad early in the week and saw video of it in the media tent.

Hopefully you’ve learned your lesson, I saw you bouncing around in the Willy’s last year while we were checking out Chocolate and prerunning and we decided to move on and look at other trails because we were pretty sure you were gonna fall out and get crushed by your own shit.

a month before KOH I decided to completely redo my rw1 crawler, then buy a rock bouncer only to not even enter the shoot out with it.

Spent the week ripping around in my willys and then tried to kill myself foolishly when i ran the qualifying lap after the 4400 guy were done. I had the roll bar in the down position and admit it 100 percent was a dumb move that ill be learning from. I escaped unharmed after being under it about 20 min or something.

Thursday night, for this year i had Big Willy towed out “my buddy Ian owns it” we got big high bay lights provided from Nacho the KOH light sponsor and my buddy made a stand to hold them, we lit up back door and set up a small disco club worth of speakers up and played music.

Other than one idiot in a Toyota, Thursday night was a good time and people took trash bags and picked up at the end. I think that’s the 4th or 5th year ive brought music and lights, this was the best one yet.

the bouncer has a supercharged lt5 and was built by nick Nelson, it’s awesome but with so many people around i had a hard time sending it at or up anything, places like chocolate we so packed i ended up having to just crawl it. Which turns out doesn’t work that well with so much wheel base and how low it is lol. Other times i flogged the hell out of it and it sends rocks flying like crazy. Fun though.

roxor powered willys hit 82hp on the Dyno set the low score mark for the day, the lt5 bouncer put 470 up and set the high mark, aside from blake I didn’t hear of a higher number that week. I do think there is more in the motor as it was falling off power wise pretty harshly, tuning to come.

other notes, Starlink worked amazing, weather was great aside from 2 windy days, this was a great year.

local idiot kills himself and now trails are closed....

what the fuck man. just saying you swallowed a complete stupid pill, and not one of your buddies or people out there said anything.

0A93EE48-9AB2-4A2E-9E11-8E92E9CEDDF7.jpeg
AB807296-4681-4438-A365-E4A9C6738CC8.jpeg
0E6724B3-2F9C-4B3A-84FD-68B682D691B9.jpeg
10B5FEA8-0D2A-484C-912D-8959BD3A3272.jpeg
12905895-99AF-44B3-AF40-074B24A5B631.jpeg
What's up, dude!
Longtime, no hear.

Thanks for sharing the pics.:smokin::beer:

I follow you on Instagram, and the first vid you posted driving that thing around in the dark made me want to tear into my motor and try to make it run/sound like that- it sounded so good you almost got me in trouble with the wife. Glad you didn't get killed by your own willy. Keep the roll bar up brah!.

Top Back Refresh