What's new

I.B.B. ULTIMATE TRAIL ADV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found out that the Marlin Crawler Roundup is likely to be at Rubicon the weekend of August 19. It has historically been in September, but my guess is they're trying to move it out of fire season.

My kid starts TK on August 23, and his summer break (between preschool and transitional kindergarten) is Aug 16-22, so I'll be on a trail this weekend no matter what you guys do.

It’s fire season here now from June 1 until it rains in October.

It’s fire season here now from June 1 until it rains in October.
I meant they are trying to avoid the event being canceled because there's an active fire in the area. IIRC it's happened to the Marlin Crawler Roundup at least once or twice in the last few years.

Yep
Now here's hoping they reopen the trail after the b.s. " closure " for winter weather :homer:

So testing the room temp here...

Shy of traffic on the con. are we going with the week of 18 Aug?

When I get back to a puter I'm going to start a pm convo with them main players to nail down the details before posting an event up...

Last edited:
At this point I’m expecting every weekend on Fordyce and Rubicon to be busy. I have the 18th marked on my calendar. It may turn into a weekend wheeling trip for me.

Ok lets work out the route...

Here are the ones proposed in 8 pages

Wednesday meetup in Auburn lunch out, Hit Fordyce (gas up) to first water crossing for the nights party...
Thursday run the trail to meadow, camp out, Friday am hit the road out to hwy 89 gas up tween here and Tahoma , then down to springs/long lake for more shenanigans on night 1 on Con, Sat am head for loon lake , Sunday am loon ( drop back to fresh pond for gas/ supplies) to Barrett Lake, Mon Barrett to tow pigs/Home'

meet up ( probably at fresh pond drop tow pigs gas up) head to Barrett Lake for X # of nights ,then head back to fresh pond for gas/supplies , then to loon lake into buck isl for shenanigans, spend x # of nights @ Buck, then head to Tahoma area and spend a night somewhere and head for Meadow lake and run 4 dice backwards to eagle lake and go grab tow pigs

4 dice first (gas at chevron drop pigs?) for x # of nights to con backwards for x # of nights, to Barrett for x # of nights and home

meet up @ fresh pond drop tow pigs, head to Barrett for 3 night of fun, back to fresh pond for fuel/supplies and head to buck for shenanigans, then hit long lake on the last night , then head to Tahoma for fuel/supplies and head to Fordyce, enter @ eagle lakes or @ meadow ?

lets hash it out , I see Jimbo just hit this up
I been dickin with Verizon on a new fone upgrade downgrade as it were,,,look @ these and pick your fav. I'm gunna try and post a vote/poll deal if I can. chime in here for now.

Sluggy Dirtyjed MigGunslinger richardskinner 2big bronco Bmxbry9 crazybluerider Jeffh555 RunningProblem Beat95yj Etyler2 FordFascist Pyleit

the above are thee usual suspects, don't get butthurt if I missed ya, I will reread the thread and edit later...:beer:eta
yall good I post an event with this info?

Last edited:
#3 is my vote. Pretty much what Jeff suggested and makes the most sense in my inexperienced brain.

1 or 3 works. I'll do what I can to make any of the configuration though. What say the guys coming from farther?

@clbi just looked at that link you posted a page back. I wanna run some of those less challenging trails!

Double edit or plan 4 works too

oh and my picks are # 4 - # 2 Then # 1- # 3 ( pretty much same runs with +- on days)

Sluggy Dirtyjed MigGunslinger richardskinner 2big bronco Bmxbry9 crazybluerider Jeffh555 RunningProblem Beat95yj Etyler2 FordFascist Pyleit

Rubicon trail foundation has M C R 23 listed on their calendar for 15-20 Aug.
Sierra trek is 10-13 Aug

So "here we go again" (for you gi's that know:emb:)

Ya'll lemme know , I'm gunna hold off posting an event till we sort this out as no one needs to be on the trail with hundreds of rigs...

So M C R heading outta con kills #1
If we did # 3 Friday, it would work staying on the trail for 3 nights to let M C R stragglers get up Caddy

Last edited:
GAYYYYY

Clb is the concern about days strictly to avoid being in the trail during the big events, or do those events actually close the trail like Jeepers Jamboree?

Is the Marlin roundup really that slow of a group, or is it just LOTS of inexperienced wheelers on 35s? I’ve never been.

RunningProblem

Primarily to dodge the masses.
Mcr is a zoo the fun part is the carnage train that goes along with it.
There are some good drivers on it, some will take the hard lines regardless of capabilities...

I've been on the trail behind and in front,
( out front aint bad cept springs is closed.)
it's just not going to be a fast trip and camping spots are a bitch to come by.

Going in at Tahoma against traffic could get exciting to say the least...

Last edited:
GAYYYYY

Clb is the concern about days strictly to avoid being in the trail during the big events, or do those events actually close the trail like Jeepers Jamboree?

Is the Marlin roundup really that slow of a group, or is it just

Pretty much... but I did spend a completely retarded amount on it to be able to do trips like this involving road use.... so Id better use it all I can.

GAYYYYY

Is the Marlin roundup really that slow of a group, or is it just LOTS of inexperienced wheelers on 35s? I’ve never been.

MC is a a shitshow of IFS and rookies.

We will stay away for sure.

Probably going to leave my daughter home for this trip. We'll be out at trek, and that will probably be enough for her

Pretty much... but I did spend a completely retarded amount on it to be able to do trips like this involving road use.... so Id better use it all I can.
I'm in the same boat. I'll see how it does in Moab before I decide to bring mine or ride shotty with Sluggy.

I'm in the same boat. I'll see how it does in Moab before I decide to bring mine or ride shotty with Sluggy.
I have a spare set of rcvs now I can toss in.... well ill have them anyway. Im thinking with shafts and any sort of steering braces you should be fine.

Reactions: Clb
I have a spare set of rcvs now I can toss in.... well ill have them anyway. Im thinking with shafts and any sort of steering braces you should be fine.
I have Icon tie rods and UCA's, Rad Flo coilovers, Broncobuster bushing and waiting on trailing arms that'll be on it soon.
Was gonna get a spare set of shafts.
Did rcv figure there shafts out?
I know a few guys that had to send them back.
Spicer ones are $$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Back Refresh