What's new

I.B.B. ULTIMATE TRAIL ADV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, am I the only one who thinks planning 3 nights on each trail is completely unnecessary? Im all for wheeling, camping, and enjoying ourselves but making it a 9+ day trip is going to push most out for the entire thing.
These trails are all short enough and close enough to eachother that planning night at or close to the trail head and 1 night 3/4 through will still make for very casual wheeling.

Of course if someone breaks or we are having a good time a trail could be drug out an extra day or 2 and thats wheeling.

At 3 nights a trail its tempting to camp with you guys the first night at the first trail, go run all 3, and meet back up tthe 3rd night of the first trail and tell you all how awsome it was :flipoff2:

Unless there have been significant changes that im un aware of both rubicon and fordyce are either 1 long day or 2 very casual days of wheeling and barret lake is 1/2 day all the way in and back out.
The larger the group the slower it goes too, at least with the rigs I wheel with. Maybe the buggies and tons & fodees crowd is different.

I think planning for a longer trip and finishing it early can take a lot of stress off of everyone. For most street driven rigs two days on the con is comfortable and three is leisurely. If you want to hang out at named obstacles and watch people flog their shit you could add a day easily.

When I drove Barrett we broke in gatekeeper and had to get out and look a bunch because none of us had driven it before. Damn four hour trail took us nine hours one way. :homer:

I thought we had agreed the plan was to meet on the 18th, wheel 3 trails and have a good time.
If we take 3 days to a trail, 2 to do a trail and 1.5 to do another than end up in dirty reno watching 2BB throw dollar bills at lady boy strippers than that's what happens.:flipoff2:

I thought we had agreed the plan was to meet on the 18th, wheel 3 trails and have a good time.
If we take 3 days to a trail, 2 to do a trail and 1.5 to do another than end up in dirty reno watching 2BB throw dollar bills at lady boy strippers than that's what happens.:flipoff2:
I like it

That's pretty much the way I imagined it, I'm not going to be able to wheel labor day so this will be my fix. Also bunch of street rigs will take more time in general. I'm getting the herding cats vibe but meh I'm here for the good time.

I made it happen, purty sure I've been saying all along you guys pick.
Totally not "my run"...

Fwiw doing any of these in 1 day aint my idea if fun.
Yes its doable .

You guys cannot vote on a route, how am I responsible for the rest of it?:flipoff2:

I've been herding cats for years, pretty much tired of it.
But it's just a way to get my fix.

Who wants to take over?:beer:

Running Fordyce to Meadow and then hoofing it out to 89 is just about the most inefficient way to go about this. Those forest service roads suck. Especially when you're about 10 rigs deep. You are not saving time. It's significantly faster to run to Meadow and camp. The next day backtrack down WH5-4-3 to Committee and come out at Cisco Grove - which is where many will want to stage tow vehicles anyway.

From Cisco, run 80E to 89. If you wanted to immediately run the Rubicon, exit at McKinney Rubicon Rd in Tahoma. Park the tow vehicles and head down Cadillac.

Run the 'Con and then come out at Loon. Those who are less than 86" wide, head down Ice House Road and to Barrett or continue on to US 50. Or run the Con back to Cadillac back to the staging area.

I could make one of these trips as I am not retired nor am I blessed with labor union levels of vacation days.

Running Fordyce to Meadow and then hoofing it out to 89 is just about the most inefficient way to go about this. Those forest service roads suck. Especially when you're about 10 rigs deep. You are not saving time. It's significantly faster to run to Meadow and camp. The next day backtrack down WH5-4-3 to Committee and come out at Cisco Grove - which is where many will want to stage tow vehicles anyway.

From Cisco, run 80E to 89. If you wanted to immediately run the Rubicon, exit at McKinney Rubicon Rd in Tahoma. Park the tow vehicles and head down Cadillac.

Run the 'Con and then come out at Loon. Those who are less than 86" wide, head down Ice House Road and to Barrett or continue on to US 50. Or run the Con back to Cadillac back to the staging area.

I could make one of these trips as I am not retired nor am I blessed with labor union levels of vacation days.
So route #1?
Ok logging into the program.

Sweeping up ants here...
Routes 1 3 4 have 2 votes each...:lmao:

2 B.B.
You work 4 my Avatar???:smokin:

Last edited:
So route #1?
Ok logging into the program.

Sweeping up ants here...
Routes 1 3 4 have 2 votes each...:lmao:
The other variable is the river flow on Fordyce Creek. Given the snowpack here it would surprise me if the flows for Fordyce were even passable late in the summer - think like 400+ CFS. 300CFS and my feet are getting wet, and I'm on 44" tires.

Reactions: Clb
The other variable is the river flow on Fordyce Creek. Given the snowpack here it would surprise me if the flows for Fordyce were even passable late in the summer - think like 400+ CFS. 300CFS and my feet are getting wet, and I'm on 44" tires.
Weekend after Sierra treck should be still low water and flat stacked rocks

Who said?
"More fresh hores and wisky for my men"
Fun town yer a funny guy :flipoff2:

Weekend after Sierra treck should be still low water and flat stacked rocks
We were talking about our june Rubicon run last night, Sounds like theres around 50' of snow up there this year.
(Not by my calculations)

Barrett Lake may not open, I'll make contact with the Hilanders and Cal4, closer to the event.)
Con will be a swimming pool and Fordyce is gunna be swift as fukk...

So fingers crossed we can hash out a plan amongst ourselves and Mother Nature approves our plan

I'm honestly not concerned about flow rates or snow for this date.
Both jeep parades will have gone through con and ST will take care of dice by than.
Barrett might not happen, but Deer Valley is right there or blurry shenanigans.

This is the response from Cal4 about Treck and Jamboree

We are proceeding as plan we have procured a snow plow company to plow the meadow lake road if needed .( we have had to do that a few times in the past in heavy winters ) beyond that it’s still snowing so when we can get in for pre runs is still unknown .
Sent from my iPhone

:smokin:

Eagle lakes staging still has a bit of snow.
Screenshot_20230326_074010_Gallery.jpg

Barrett lake is going to be fucking epic. There might be enough snow for the entry gate width to not even be relevant.

No depth issue for the creeck crossings then:laughing:

They most likely won't open up Barrett if it hasn't dried...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Back Refresh