I.B.B. ULTIMATE TRAIL ADV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clb

another toyota from P.R.K
Member Number
Loc
First 50 club
Ok I'm going to delete this one soon so it's easier to find the event thread..

Make your notes soon.:beer:

Ok 18 August rendezvous point point follow ... route to be drug out till its been Killed.:flipoff2:

Linky to event.

Here's the listDirtyjedSluggyMiggunslinger
richardskinnerClbPyleitfordfacist
03/05 we set a date for 18 August 2023 looks like 6 guys so far and etyler2 may bring a +6 pac of drivers

03/05 Taking votes from the participants on the 4 routes listed in post #218
Pick your route and chime in.

We have guys taking the time off already.

Oh and No Trail Tampons need reply:grinpimp:

01 February I sent a shout out to the interested parties listed in post #142, if you talk to one of em please point em here...:beer:

(Eta 04/Feb.) So far
Here are some guys that are not positive but gave a good percentage of likely participation, We'll give em a spork prize if they don't make it...

RunningProblem 90% 18-19 Aug. crazybluerider 2big bronco 90% week of 19 Aug Jefh555 69% week of 19 Aug Bmxbry9 etyler2 (I think Beat95yj Frank 50/50, longfranks for sure)
If I missed you in the 7 pages this has, let me know and I'll edit ya in:beer:
OK lets kick the dates around the campfire some....
I'm out on 3 Aug. Free for the rest of Aug.
So far we have 2 guys looking @ 19 Aug the 3rd weekend.
(End Eta)

24 October
Lets let the tire talk stay elsewhere....:flipoff2:
Looks like we have 2 Semi Solid events in discussion.

We have a south eastern contingent
Byro Slander cchambers13
Hitting some awesome parks

No doubt others will jump in so we can add or build 2 separate threads later...

And a west coast crew
Bmxbry9 Beat95yj RunningProblem Clb

We have Fordyce, Rubicon, and Barrett Lake.

eta 07/15/23
So far the crew is largely choosing Barrett ,Con, Dyce, in this order. Start date 08/18.2023
However if Barrett is still not open (highlanders is shooting for mid Aug.) due to wet conditions dictated by others, then we will spend more time doing day runs on the con and Fordyce .
If you are in, go sign up on the event page so I can easily keep track and get you my Ph # Please...:beer:
Next thing on the list is rendezvous points on the way to Fresh pond where we can drop tow pigs.
So far its mostly all street able rigs, with 2 guys with both, but the 6 are street legal so far.
If we get any buggy guys joining in we will deal with shuttling drivers to trailers.

Last edited:
People still debate tires :confused:

This is settled science! Thornbirds FTMFW :flipoff2:

KBB1.jpg

I'm not sure when Barrett opens but I'm free most of September next year. We could run it barrett, rubicon and fordyce for trek.

East coast would be mayish (think memorial weekend maybe).
Most of the interrested parties were yotas in the 37 to 40" tire range.

For west coast I was told August or September. I’m gonna assume vehicle requirements are just the junk I have in the garage. 🤷‍♂️

:tank:
I’ll be watching this closely. I’ve never wheeled that terrain so knowing the difference between taking a built buggy or a stock rubicon on 35/37s would be nice to know for planning purposes. I’d like to roll out in a Rubicon if terrain permits. We’ve talked about rolling out that way for the passed two summers from Texas.

Slick rock, deer valley, Hollister and maybe some Fresno trails?

Last edited:
Reactions: Clb
Blazer
A good driver and big tire rubi should get it done...
(Fordyce, eta. Seems there has been trail mods since last I went thru so someone else chime in on Fordyce, please) the rest no problem.
As a norcal/socal split
perhaps
Hellister ,dusy , what's local to those?

Local to the hammers, could be a 3rd set?

eta
slickrock, deer valley, ( Sour grass is close but not worth much)

Last edited:
Just like all trails Fordyce is always changing. It's hard but 35s or 37s should be able to get through. Might have to take bypasses on the winchhills but still doable. Water level might be a concern if you are low. Winch hill 1 the boulders seem to always move around. Winch hill 2 I haven't ran this year. Winch hill 3 was filled in a bit but the bypass is still good to go. Winch hill 3.5 or 3b is getting harder. Winch hill 4 is dug out and getting harder. Winch hill 5 you can zig zag up or go straight up it.

Last edited:
Slick rock, deer valley, Hollister and maybe some Fresno trails?
I’d be up for joining or leading the fool size invasion. for those of us with body panels and long wheelbase that are after a mild run. Maybe we do a fire look out run. start at Sierra Buttes, do Signal peak, Little Shuteye and then Bald Mtn. Probably 300+ road miles

After I sober up, hell yea I'm in.
We should put this together, My only issue is depth @fordyce...
Any day/time should work 4 me.
I'm in for detailed planning.
Ya'll let me know, let's go play

What will everyone be bringing?
I'll have my Lj on tons full hydro and 42s. Would be more interested in the fordyce, rubicon, barrett trip. Have trailer storage in auburn for others as well
20220329_164653.jpg

Well are we driving "streetable" rigs or are we trailering is the real question. That will decide on 35s/daily or 39.5s/buggy for me. I'm open to either one really.

So are we doing this? Cause it sounds hella fun to me...

Late September Early Oct would be perfect. Glad I thought of it haha.

I’ll try to ask Dragrcr and his friend to line up the plane too, we’re gonna have issues… and Dumbo Drop Pizza is amazing…

We might be able to rally enough people to move some trailers around too. With enough beer.

Last edited:
Mine is "streetable" but I normally trailer it (full hydro steering). For a UA style trip I was planning on driving from trail to trail. I think the most on road would be from fordyce to rubicon.

I’m currently on used Chinese 35s so if they wheel they wheel.
It may or may NOT be streetable because Nevada is changing their laws and I have to smog the thing.
Maybe I should have it figured out by next summer. If I can’t drive it I’ll trailer it.
I still haven’t wheeled it and I have no experience wheeling.

My 4runner on 35s can be driven on road and wheeled. My buggy isn't gonna happen on the road.

Washoe and Clark counties require it. Reno, Soarks, Spanish Sorings, Verdi, Gerlach, Henderson, and Vegas.
Well maybe it's time to buy a real cheap middle of nowhere .5 acre for a cough cough new place to live....

Just curious what's the cut off year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Back Refresh