What's new

I.B.B. ULTIMATE TRAIL ADV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll be 90% committed to an August 18/19 start date at Fordyce. It SHOULD give me time to do a shake down run in the Jeep, and maybe take my kid wheeling a few times.
Do you need a second / third rig for shakedown?
Where ya at?

Reno. I’m sure I could get FordFascist to tag along for a day on Fordyce.

If I play my cards right, and i take a kid with me every time, I could probably wheel Fordyce every weekend. Maybe do the camping thing a few saturday nights and make some bad decisions before taking every bypass since everyone is on 35s. 🖕😃🖕

Just throwing out a timeline, please pick it apart:

Wed, meet in Auburn at noonish, drive to Fordyce, camp at 1st river crossing
Thu, rest of Fordyce, camp at Meadow Lake
Fri, Meadow Lake to Hwy 89 to Homewood to Rubicon Springs or Long Lake
Sat, Springs/Long Lake to Loon Lake, camp at Loon
Sun, Loon to Barrett Lake, camp at Barrett Lake
Mon, Barrett to Auburn to Home

My .02 as an old guy without the stamina I had @40 is , doing the trail in one long day is less fun than taking your time, i.e. 2 nights on con, Barrett is short but a nice spot to just relax and enjoy the area, we usually do a 3 nighter.
Fordyce I've been to wh1 on the first day, camped, made wh3 and back to committee for the night.
So it looks like a 2-3 night trail to me?
I dunno, gunna post another route and the solid participants can pick/modify at will:beer:.

Optional route for perusal... this idea is to miss traffic on Con by being off the trail before the broverlanders get off work.

Again pick it apart as above:beer:

Meet up around 9-10 at freshpond on Monday drop trailers, roll to Barrett for 2 nights, this lets us get acquainted/party on the easiest trail first.

Wed am hit freshpond for gas/supplies and head to buck isl or points beyond for night 1, Thursday hit long lake, Friday hit Cadillac, stop for supplies in Tahoma and head into Fordyce.

I figure the trailer thing enters here...

Spend however many nights we deem necessary on 4dice:flipoff2: as this is the (imho) hardest trail and attrition happens :flipoff2:

Alternatively, 1 night @Barrett so we come up caddy before the backwards traffic is coming in from Tahoe on Thursday?:lmao:

I dd my shit so I'm not sure what you trailer guys (read non streetable rigs) need for shuttle service for this route, but we need to bring this into the conversation regardless of the route we take...
Brb
Eta this puts us on Fordyce for the 3 guys wanting to run it 18-19 August...
We need to set dates and routes to get the most participation.
My .02:flipoff2:
I'm open to all suggestions :beer:

Last edited:
I kind of like Jeff’s schedule better because it gets the hardest trail done first, and Fordyce has cell service almost the whole trail unlike Rubicon. Going from Meadow Lake to Rubicon Springs seems like an easy day since it’s a lot of road miles and kind of a short wheeling trip to camp at on day 3. I’ve never done it so others can chime in on how hard and long Cadillac to the Springs is. Im confident Rubicon Springs will be popular on a Friday. If we camp at the springs there is a chance to get cleaned up. I know my kid is going to start to stink if he doesn’t get cleaned for a few days, and so will I.
All I can add is when I went to the Marlin Roundup the group I was with left the Springs after the raffle and camped on some granite slabs with a bitchin view of the whole valley the next morning.

edit$20/night for camping at Dirty Dozen. Maybe a group reservation is in order once the plan is finalized.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna read all those all of three posts or so.
But my 87 cents with inflation is 3 days on dizzle 3 days on con and 3 days on Barrett.
Fuck off, enjoy ourselves and be merry.
Also chicken wings
20230205_135906.jpg

My .02 as an old guy without the stamina I had @40 is , doing the trail in one long day is less fun than taking your time, i.e. 2 nights on con, Barrett is short but a nice spot to just relax and enjoy the area, we usually do a 3 nighter.
Fordyce I've been to wh1 on the first day, camped, made wh3 and back to committee for the night.
So it looks like a 2-3 night trail to me?
I dunno, gunna post another route and the solid participants can pick/modify at will:beer:.
I don’t disagree with your assessment. I really enjoy slow relaxed days camping along the trail, and I will probably do those trips this summer also, just one weekend per trail.

I put together what I thought was the most condensed schedule I could that still didn’t require night wheeling.

In my opinion if you live outside of NorCal/Nevada area, or you’ve never experienced these trails, you should absolutely take a full week and do 2-3 nights on each trail.

FYI Tahoma to Springs is 2 hours, and Springs to Loon is 3 hours. This is in a JKU on 40s with no traffic and no stops, but also not beating on it.

If people want to do a longer trip, I’d probably be down for just part of it.

Same. I’ve no night wheeling experience myself. Plus if I’m bringing the kid I might. It want to be around him all day for 9 days.

Jeff good points for sure, Con as a bucket list run could burn a week up.
Doable inna day but yike that's a lucky day.
That's why I picked it weekday, my ratio of free flow travel is less than 60/40.

R P there's always a first 🌚 Full moons rock...
I prefer not to night wheel, but it is fun.
Now touting a youngin around 24/9 :eek:

Last edited:
Sierra Treck is the 3rd weekend of Aug. 10-13.
This should be a bellwether for the snow( maybe) as they usually have the most participation when not covered in snow.

We should aim for that week of Aug.
Say aim to hit 4 dice on Monday 14 Aug After the rockstackers are done:smokin:

Anyone know how to get the pge projected flow information?

Fordyce 5-7300'
Barrett 7668'
Highlanders update the website around early July, for late July early August opening.
Who's got the inside scoop on pge's contractors?
Dream flows
Great link for current action:smokin:

I don’t have rock lights. Just a cheep Chinese Amazon special light bar so being able to see anything is going to take more effort than it’s worth for anyone spotting me IF we did night wheeling. August has so much day light I wouldn’t think night wheeling would be a consideration unless something REALLY bad happens.

I don’t know what ‘reign of rocks’ is. I’m not over the hill yet.

I dunno how much film is going to happen on this run, I think the ibb site is not interested in the publicity

Eta 04/13
Austin gave us the go ahead to film

[IMG alt="Slander"]https://irate4x4.com/cdn-cgi/image/format=auto,onerror=redirect,quality=85/data/avatars/m/1/1632.jpg?1643179204[/IMG]

Slander

Team no stickys​

JoinedMay 28, 2020Member Number1632Messages2,471LocHickory, NC
I kind of assume everyone who is selected has a YouTube channel at this point, and the fun will be ruined when everyone releases their own videos before official videos get out. The more videos talking about Falken Tires and other sponsors the better, right?
At this point we could make an infinitely more entertaining UA by getting 10 irate members together and hitting 4 SE offroad parks over a week.

Every major institution is against you and will let you die.
- Tim Dillon
LikeQuotesReply
Reactions:bunk, ANGRYBLACK, Stingray and 21 others

Last edited:
I just found out my kid starts kindergarten August 15. He probably won’t be coming with me for the trip if it starts during this time. Other dads of 5 year olds may want to check into this themselves since we had talks of bringing kids along.

I just found out that the Marlin Crawler Roundup is likely to be at Rubicon the weekend of August 19. It has historically been in September, but my guess is they're trying to move it out of fire season.

My kid starts TK on August 23, and his summer break (between preschool and transitional kindergarten) is Aug 16-22, so I'll be on a trail this weekend no matter what you guys do.

welllll that's a drag, where did you find that? I've lost access into the forum over there.
We don't need to be there for the zoofest for sure...

welllll that's a drag, where did you find that? I've lost access into the forum over there.
We don't need to be there for the zoofest for sure...
I assume that was directed at me regarding the Marlin Crawler Roundup. A friend that's a volunteer at KOH sent me this. At this point I'd say it's a solid rumor until something official gets posted.
I spoke with Big Mike at KOH current dates for marlin roundup is weekend of August 19th.

Only thing I see on the Marlin board is people asking about the dates.

NAXJA group has a Fordyce/Gold Lake trip scheduled for July 31-Aug 6.

Reactions: Clb
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Back Refresh