What's new

I.B.B. ULTIMATE TRAIL ADV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M92PV4U birthday party for you on Fordyce with the daughter and my son? You can keep us all warm with your furry cuddles. I’m sure Add is still busy this weekend in August.

Proposed route for discussion purposes:
Stage at Robb’s Resort, leave tow rigs here.
Road: Robb’s to Fordyce Eagle Lakes Trailhead (96 miles)
Trail: Fordyce Trail to Meadow Lake and out to Little Truckee Summit Staging Area
Road: Little Truckee to Rubicon Tahoe side (40 miles)
Trail: Rubicon from Tahoe side to Loon Lake
Road: Loon Lake to Barrett Lake trailhead @ Dark Lake (30 miles)
Trail: Barrett Lake Trail, out and back
Road: Dark Lake to Robb’s resort (22 miles)

This assumes we can get permission to stage and leave tow rigs at Robb’s Resort. Leaving tow rigs at the Freshpond Chevron in Pollock Pines or the Cisco Grove Chevron would work also. I’ve never left my tow rig at Freshpond, but I’ve read it’s a good option. I feel good about leaving my tow rig at Cisco Grove, but wouldn’t look forward to the rod miles at the end of the trip when we just want to go home.

I like Jeff’s idea. Mostly because I want to drive down Cadillac Hill. It probably allows for a later start in the day if we’re camping with a big group on the trail. Isn’t the next closest spot to camp around Buck Island?

I like Jeff’s idea. Mostly because I want to drive down Cadillac Hill. It probably allows for a later start in the day if we’re camping with a big group on the trail. Isn’t the next closest spot to camp around Buck Island?
I think it was really your idea, I just added some details.

You’re right, you either camp at Rubicon Springs or Buck Island, both are good, but Buck Island has turned into a bit of a party spot and RS is a bit more mellow. There’s an hour or so of decent wheeling up Big Sluice between them.

Long lake by the graveyard before the springs, quiet and secluded.
Eta
Bottom of caddy

Last edited:
I don't have a running driving 4x4....
giphy.gif

I will absolutely go if he goes. 3 dudes deep in an xj...my kind of party
I already said you’re busy. Ride with your e-buddy Tyler and feed him a steady diet of Whiskey and Coke.

You can come cuddle with us in the xj. It's the new jeep thing that I'm trying to understand
It’s mostly we drink alcohol with lots of adjectives in the name. Hazy tootyw fruity juicy smoochy west coast imperial double nut brown trout lager ale.

I think the drain hole you’ve installed im will be just about perfect for the first water crossing. Might want to avoid the one at Committee though.

At this point I’d say I’m 69% in for the weekend of Aug 19. Less likely if it’s a different weekend, but don’t feel like you need to plan around me.

I’m already taking some time off around that weekend because my 4.5yo’s school is closed. He’s wheeled Fordyce and Rubicon, as well as other trails. 2big bronco you wanna try to take Rowdy on this?
Im 90% in for this date with Rowdy (my 4 year old... will be 5 then) i just got the shipping confirmation for my new rcvs

I'm still in, pending date. I do have one weekend in August tied up, but I don't even know which one yet...

I’ll be 90% committed to an August 18/19 start date at Fordyce. It SHOULD give me time to do a shake down run in the Jeep, and maybe take my kid wheeling a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Back Refresh