What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

Blaming people for making better decisions or being more successful than you does not make them the problem.

And a couple of middle manager IT folks can hit that upper number easy.
Same with sales jobs. Providing full perimeter network protection is not cheap, as you must know, and someone is going to get paid a commission on that 7 figure install.

Arse can't see the forest for his cubicle.

I was just talking to my wife and she bought a highly rated, (for what that's worth) Bissel vacuum cleaner. Made in USA from USA parts, privately owned, etc.. It was $106. The last vacuum I bought was a Panasonic from Sears in 1998 when I bought my Vegas house, and it was probably $120. Both mostly plastic, both work great, 25 years later it's cheaper. Inflation calculator says $1 from 1998 is worth $1.89 today, that's impressive.

You shouldn't be drinking that sugar water poison anyway. They're doing you a favor.

Why? It's real brewed green tea with honey, high fructose corn syrup, and ginseng root extract. HFCS isn't any worse for you than table sugar. Impossible to say it's unhealthy outside the context of one's total diet .

All I got from the last few pages is that if you're not making at least $100k year you must be a fucking idiot or special needs because apparently it's the easiest thing ever :lmao:

Every career makes bank if you're willing to engage in the ol' "take the extreme and construe it as the norm" leftist slight of hand.:laughing:

How's the tax load there Arse? Enjoying your lack of civil liberties too? How's that liberal bootheel taste?

Gun manufacturer Smith & Wesson hosted a grand opening of its new Tennessee headquarters Saturday after moving from its longtime home in Massachusetts to a more gun-friendly state.

The company built a new 650,000-square feet (60,387-square meters) headquarters in Maryville, Tennessee, as part of a $125 million relocation plan announced in 2021. Tours were offered at the new facility on Saturday.

How's the tax load there Arse? Enjoying your lack of civil liberties too? How's that liberal bootheel taste?
A few percent off of a big number is still better than no percent off of a substantially smaller number. :flipoff2:

I consider ~10% a bargain to not have to share a state with you.

So are you going to address my point or not? If not I have another point I'd like to raise about your conduct. :flipoff2:

Oh, and BTW, those BLS numbers are monetary earnings/compensation so they include "muh overtime"

A few percent off of a big number is still better than no percent off of a substantially smaller number. :flipoff2:

I consider ~10% a bargain to not have to share a state with you.

So are you going to address my point or not? If not I have another point I'd like to raise about your conduct. :flipoff2:

Oh, and BTW, those BLS numbers are monetary earnings/compensation so they include "muh overtime"
You made a point? :flipoff2:

I get new tires on my work truck every fall. 4 LT 10 ply MT’s were $1100 to $1200 for over ten years prior to 2020. Then they were $1400. Then they were $1500. Yesterday dam near $1700 and that’s on our fleet account that gets some % discount over full retail.

IMG_5189.jpeg

I was out doing errands yesterday and noticed that winter window wash has somehow climbed to $7 a gallon. Last time I bought it was by the case at Costco a couple of years back, it worked out to $2 a gallon.

I was out doing errands yesterday and noticed that winter window wash has somehow climbed to $7 a gallon. Last time I bought it was by the case at Costco a couple of years back, it worked out to $2 a gallon.
You can still buy it by the barrel at Napa... works out to $2.75/gallon for the -25 stuff. The 20 degree stuff down south is only $1.56/gallon by the barrel.

I get new tires on my work truck every fall. 4 LT 10 ply MT’s were $1100 to $1200 for over ten years prior to 2020. Then they were $1400. Then they were $1500. Yesterday dam near $1700 and that’s on our fleet account that gets some % discount over full retail.

IMG_5189.jpeg

I have a long term crawler build that is sitting on some thin irocs and always had the intention of the 43 tsl sx when it went out for use. Looked up what sx swampers are going for and .....:shocked:.... well it is likely I will be going a different direction. :frown:

I have a long term crawler build that is sitting on some thin irocs and always had the intention of the 43 tsl sx when it went out for use. Looked up what sx swampers are going for and .....:shocked:.... well it is likely I will be going a different direction. :frown:
42” krawlers are $1,000 each now

Which number should I send the dick pics to? :flipoff2:

I drove past the CU this morning and was shocked... Not only was the 2019 Ram and 2016 Chrysler 200 still out front, they had added a 2015 Yukon Denali, a really clean looking 2013 Chevy 2500 with only 105k on the odometer, and a 2021 Honda Rebel. 5 repos out front of a small-town credit union.

I also read something this morning talking about October's Pending Home Sales numbers being lower than they were in 2008/2009.:eek:

fuck it, cut interest rates to 0%
free money for everyone just in time for basically everyone of consequence to have learned exactly the game that must be played when interest rates are kept artificially low

lets get this fuckin clown show started

This sounds like the economic equivalent of auto-rotation on a helo that's crashing.
I remember what a Vietnam vet who flew medevacs told me, auto-rotation is not a landing, it's a controlled crash you hope to survive. He'd had a few helos shot full of holes but he was always able to get them back to base until the last one where he had to auto rotate, he lived but had some rods in his back from it. He also said you have to have impeccable timing and luck or you crash and die instead of just crashing.:usa:

Hopefully the Feds have impeccable timing and luck but somehow I doubt it.

Top Back Refresh