What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

IM drs who havent passed their boards yet?

Most families I know with 2 nurses clear 100k+ a head. So 200-300k/yr
I’ve never seen an Rn making under 100 either. He was just grasping at straws to tell us all how hard life is.

I’ve never seen an Rn making under 100 either. He was just grasping at straws to tell us all how hard life is.
I mean i know those who don't make that. They dont work full time, maximize OT, do travel work, moonlight opportunities etc.

So they are CHOOSING to make less than 100k

Bunch of NPs I know make 100-150k

do I need to start a gofundme to cover the food and drink? This is ridiculous.

I think the ones showing up late are covering that
Hey now, i wasn't late. Im the host who seated the couple yesterday to so that they could have their romantic dinner. I'm following up with them today to see if they want any after dinner drinks. Romantically.

:flipoff2: :lmao:

Well now I know why inflation is hitting us so hard. haha. I'm at about 120, wife is RN, but only works 3 shifts a month because we homeschool, so her pay is not great. Sucks I finally made it over 100k a year and this shit starts, so I'm poor again. Oh well....life goes on. I've always been a deal hunter, nothing really has to change.

I mean i know those who don't make that. They dont work full time, maximize OT, do travel work, moonlight opportunities etc.

So they are CHOOSING to make less than 100k

Bunch of NPs I know make 100-150k
Uh, here.

If you're breaking 80k as an RN in this area you're cranking some OT. Wife does around 85k (technically no OT) but does the work from home admin thing.

She has a few friends at the hospital and full time no OT is generally around 70k.

All the NP's seem to be in the 100-150 range.

Lots of ASSumption and dick measuring taking place for the last page or two.

My friends wife is an RN, with over 35 years of experience. Think she is north of $40/hr, works out of Tyler, TX area I think.

In Utah nurses are paid crap, ones that do make some serious cash are doing travel nurse gigs.

My household is $110k USD combined (converted). We do not live like poors but but maybe that’s just the additional perks of my job easing that stress?

Company supplied vehicle (I still own and insure two). Auto parts sales and accounting fields here.

Our income is taxed at ~30% (tiered). Above number is GROSS.

Average home price is $450k USD in the city we reside.

Daycare is $900/month regardless if the kids go or not. Our choice to have children, not complaining about that. But I have to agree that arse is onto something about people being out of touch.

We do have an MDX in the driveway with <500 miles on it and I wasn’t happy giving up a wad of cash for it but we needed something bigger then a corolla with the two kids and Honda Pilots were 3-6 months out to build.

Monthly expenses for us are about $5000 (literally everything) so we aren’t saving a ton right now with daycare and now the car note.

But anyone making +200k and saying they are strapped are living outside of their means plain and simple. Cost to live in Canada is much higher than the US.

Unconverted figures, San Francisco cost of living is equal to Toronto. I live two hours from there. Everything else is the same less housing (about 33% more in Toronto but much cheaper property tax).

Fuel is about $5 USD gallon here but it has been coming down.

Costco has been a lifesaver on some household staples. 3:1 cost for loaves of bread from Costco vs Loblaws.

Last edited:
Inflation question?

The $4.50-5 gallon diesel I saw around here in 2008 would be closer to $10 diesel in today's inflated dollars?

Right now, the $100+ fill-up with $4 diesel in my pickup still stings, the same as 08', but I think part of that is the human factor in inflation and much linked to how some of our economy is related to human perception and not reality?

My perception of $100 is the same in some aspects as time has passed. But in other aspects, I can see $100 doesn't buy you shit in the grocery store or going out to eat like it did in 2008.

...I'm making over 3x what I was then so it shouldn't sting like 08'..
:homer:

This really belongs in the clown world thread, but....

Paul Krugman declares Inflation over... we won... at very little cost.

Inflation question?

The $4.50-5 gallon diesel I saw around here in 2008 would be closer to $10 diesel in today's inflated dollars?

Right now, the $100+ fill-up with $4 diesel in my pickup still stings, the same as 08', but I think part of that is the human factor in inflation and much linked to how some of our economy is related to human perception and not reality?

My perception of $100 is the same in some aspects as time has passed. But in other aspects, I can see $100 doesn't buy you shit in the grocery store or going out to eat like it did in 2008.

...I'm making over 3x what I was then so it shouldn't sting like 08'..
:homer:

yup pretty much

308 was 40 cents, now it's 90
land pretty much doubled a couple years ago alone

This makes me think all the garbage I buy at amazing prices are even better deals now! :lmao:

He's right, it's really no big deal now. We won.

helps wife put away $500 groceries while getting acid reflux knowing in less than 3 weeks we'll be out of everything and making this same trip again

Same dude who proclaimed the massive spending over the past few years wouldn't lead to inflation.:homer:

Well now I know why inflation is hitting us so hard. haha. I'm at about 120, wife is RN, but only works 3 shifts a month because we homeschool, so her pay is not great. Sucks I finally made it over 100k a year and this shit starts, so I'm poor again. Oh well....life goes on. I've always been a deal hunter, nothing really has to change.
Yeah, my wife has been teaching for 15 years. They just raised the starting pay for 1st year teachers. They didn't bump anybody making over that so now she's making about 2k more a year than the first years. They also took away a bunch of stipends they used to give for being a team lead and other stuff, but still expect her to do it since she's been doing it all these years.

I'm pretty sure she's going to make less this year than she did last year, and the district is patting themselves on the back for raising teacher pay.

Yeah, my wife has been teaching for 15 years. They just raised the starting pay for 1st year teachers. They didn't bump anybody making over that so now she's making about 2k more a year than the first years. They also took away a bunch of stipends they used to give for being a team lead and other stuff, but still expect her to do it since she's been doing it all these years.

I'm pretty sure she's going to make less this year than she did last year, and the district is patting themselves on the back for raising teacher pay.
That's how it works all over. I'm going to make just about identical this year to what I made in '03. Boss- "We've raised rates on all the specs 5 times in the last 20 years, given you X, Y, Z, etc. etc."

45acp w2 in 2003- $89k

45acp w2 in 2023- $89k

That's how it works all over. I'm going to make just about identical this year to what I made in '03. Boss- "We've raised rates on all the specs 5 times in the last 20 years, given you X, Y, Z, etc. etc."

45acp w2 in 2003- $89k

45acp w2 in 2023- $89k
don't you just feel good now that you're being paid a competitive wage?

*competitive to what an indonesian child would make doing the same job, minus shipping fees

This inflation bullshit just won't stop.

Title of thread. How hard is it gonna hit?
Answer:
82iafo.jpg

Local pizza joint. What a difference a couple years make.
What's the year spread on that? Literally two or three? I'd love to see side by side comparison on more things like this and that tik tok vid from the guy at Costco.

I like to throw it in people's faces that argue that inflation isn't bad

What's the year spread on that? Literally two or three? I'd love to see side by side comparison on more things like this and that tik tok vid from the guy at Costco.

I like to throw it in people's faces that argue that inflation isn't bad

The old one isn't super old. Pre COVID (2019-ish) max.

We have seen similar with our local owned pizza shops, there have been a few really outstanding places that have shut the doors this summer. The chain pizza joints march on, prices haven't risen as much but the quality and amount of toppings has really dropped off.

Right now if ya want a good one ya gotta make it yourself.

Our favorite Italian place used to have a slice of cheese pizza for $1.95. It’s near $5 now plus another dollar or so for toppings.

Top Back Refresh