What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

Southwest is $2765 for 2 round trip tickets. Looking at the low fare calendar nearly every other day that month is about what we paid last year. Its just the 2 days we have to fly on that are more than double. Even other weekend flights aren't jacked up in price.

Wife and I have all expenses (flight, board, alcohol, and food included) 4 days 3 nights in Turks and Caicos for $3500 in April for a wedding.

Mexico sucks worse than southwest airlines.

I haven't flown much recently, but I have had decent luck with SW. I don't care much about getting perks or special treatment. I'll pay a couple of extra bucks to upgrade my seat and guarantee a seat of my choice. After that, please push off, take off, and land on time safely. Other than that I don't want much out of an airline. Especially on a short hop. AA can eat a bag of glass shard encrusted dicks.

ETA: This is actually directed at the union AA workers. THEY can eat a bag of shit encrusted dicks.

Last edited:
The idea Southwest is the bargain airline option is now a FLAT OUT LIE.

Typically you can find other airlines have a similar price.

ALSO, because you didn't ask, I was once the biggest Southwest fan there was. NOW, I refuse to fly them anywhere at any price. and have honestly turned down free tickets and paid to fly on another airline, just not to deal with them.

They don't even slightly resemble the airline they were 5 years ago.

I HATE those motherfuckers.

When SW was a younger airline, they bought a lot of fuel on futures, they didn't have legacy cost of other airlines, and they could offer flights others couldn't compete with. They built a reputation on this. This has all changed, and they now are the same as everyone else. They have now accrued the legacy cost, the futures have run out, and all the cost are the same as everyone else, but people still apply that cheap reputation even though it no longer applies.
Don't look to Frontier, they're fuckers.

So this is the worst I've seen. Not sure if it is solely due to inflation or if there are supply issues.

Pre scamdemic these were listed for $999.

I bought one in 2021 and had to bend over and pay $1,300.

Today they are listed for $2,000. :eek:

So this is the worst I've seen. Not sure if it is solely due to inflation or if there are supply issues.

Pre scamdemic these were listed for $999.

I bought one in 2021 and had to bend over and pay $1,300.

Today they are listed for $2,000. :eek:

Man, for that $$$ I'd be tempted to find an old Forrest Gump Snapper and recondition it.

The price of oil is on the rise. This is a headwind for almost everything in most sectors.
Them 35's on your diesel 2500 are gonna be $500 a peice next year. Prepare thineself.

The idea Southwest is the bargain airline option is now a FLAT OUT LIE.

Typically you can find other airlines have a similar price.

ALSO, because you didn't ask, I was once the biggest Southwest fan there was. NOW, I refuse to fly them anywhere at any price. and have honestly turned down free tickets and paid to fly on another airline, just not to deal with them.

They don't even slightly resemble the airline they were 5 years ago.

I HATE those motherfuckers.

When SW was a younger airline, they bought a lot of fuel on futures, they didn't have legacy cost of other airlines, and they could offer flights others couldn't compete with. They built a reputation on this. This has all changed, and they now are the same as everyone else. They have now accrued the legacy cost, the futures have run out, and all the cost are the same as everyone else, but people still apply that cheap reputation even though it no longer applies.
Yup. They have the same problem the legacy airlines have, high tenured expensive employees.

Yea, very glad I stayed in the lower-end trail rig part of what we do. 5 or 6 40" reds and some Kings cost more than my rig, tow rig, and trailer combined.

:laughing:
Pre COVID I had been starting towards my path of getting a 4 seater plane. I loved flying my uncles plane, convenient to go see the parents, friends, Christmas etc. Took my time no rush right??

HOLY SHIT have small plane prices gone through the roof. It's hard to justify buying a 200k+ Cessna 182.

Used to be under 100k not long ago. Ridiculous.

Edit: Yeah, I don't have a wheeler anymore and want a plane. Sue me.:flipoff2:

Last edited:
Pre COVID I had been starting towards my path of getting a 4 seater plane. I loved flying my uncles plane, convenient to go see the parents, friends, Christmas etc. Took my time no rush right??

HOLY SHIT have small plane prices gone through the roof. It's hard to justify buying a 200k+ Cessna 182.

Maybe this will teachyou to listen to authorataah, respect my authorataah

They are coming down. Covid moneys gone and insurance is insane.

They are coming down. Covid moneys gone and insurance is insane.
I mean isn't insurance around 3-4k/yr? Not cheap, but not crazy.

Hanger fees are the huge cost I see unless you don't park it inside. I semi view hangaring as the expectation.

I mean isn't insurance around 3-4k/yr? Not cheap, but not crazy.

Hanger fees are the huge cost I see unless you don't park it inside. I semi view hangaring as the expectation.
The only real solution is to just build your own airstrip with a hanger.

Everybody here has a yard full of random vehicles. You can be the guy with an airport full of random aircraft. Anybody can cobble together a rig and drive it to KOH. be the first to strap a couple junkyard LS motors to an airframe and fly it to KOH.

img_4906-jpeg.jpg

Looks like Prices are reaching their actual value with the current inflation. Guess these things don't happen overnight but it's all catching up.

It's a good time for buying junk tho. Scrap is down and people will need the extra cash. The haggling will be easier no matter yesterdays selling price.

The only real solution is to just build your own airstrip with a hanger.

Everybody here has a yard full of random vehicles. You can be the guy with an airport full of random aircraft. Anybody can cobble together a rig and drive it to KOH. be the first to strap a couple junkyard LS motors to an airframe and fly it to KOH.
or move into neighborhood with community airstrip and bunch of old war vets with hangars full of planes

Top Back Refresh