What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

just found this one reading an article on carb'd LS's. Carb was $350 in either 2016 or 2020 (says updated in 2020, dunno what they updated) now it's $550
1688388292139.png

1688388278453.png

I watch this guy's video as well, he is pretty down to earth small car dealer.

New set of Duratracs for the truck, road hazard, and an alignment was $1995. HFS, I've paid less for vehicles.

In 2021 I bought a 24 pack of Energizer Lithium AA's for $33.31, now they're $67.90. Guess it's back to Alkaline for the remotes.

Feds going to raise rates again after pausing in June. probably atleast two more times this year

Yes. I've gone the rechargeable route and they don't last for shit in my backlit remotes.

WTF are you remote controlling that requires financial planning on batteries? Lol. I throw a set of batteries in the ol t.v. remote every 10 years or so... :flipoff2:
If you was to turn off the vibrate mode on the remote and just buy separate vibrator you could cut your costs. :flipoff2:

I was looking for flights to Louisville for February and about shit at $1100 for 4
Southwest is $2765 for 2 round trip tickets. Looking at the low fare calendar nearly every other day that month is about what we paid last year. Its just the 2 days we have to fly on that are more than double. Even other weekend flights aren't jacked up in price.

Southwest is $2765 for 2 round trip tickets. Looking at the low fare calendar nearly every other day that month is about what we paid last year. Its just the 2 days we have to fly on that are more than double. Even other weekend flights aren't jacked up in price.
Sounds like everybody absolutely has to fly on the same day.:stirthepot:

The idea Southwest is the bargain airline option is now a FLAT OUT LIE.

Typically you can find other airlines have a similar price.

ALSO, because you didn't ask, I was once the biggest Southwest fan there was. NOW, I refuse to fly them anywhere at any price. and have honestly turned down free tickets and paid to fly on another airline, just not to deal with them.

They don't even slightly resemble the airline they were 5 years ago.

I HATE those motherfuckers.

When SW was a younger airline, they bought a lot of fuel on futures, they didn't have legacy cost of other airlines, and they could offer flights others couldn't compete with. They built a reputation on this. This has all changed, and they now are the same as everyone else. They have now accrued the legacy cost, the futures have run out, and all the cost are the same as everyone else, but people still apply that cheap reputation even though it no longer applies.

ALSO, because you didn't ask, I was once the biggest Southwest fan there was. NOW, I refuse to fly them anywhere at any price. and have honestly turned down free tickets and paid to fly on another airline, just not to deal with them.

When SW was a younger airline, they bought a lot of fuel on futures, they didn't have legacy cost of other airlines, and they could offer flights others couldn't compete with. They built a reputation on this. This has all changed, and they now are the same as everyone else. They have now accrued the legacy cost, the futures have run out, and all the cost are the same as everyone else, but people still apply that cheap reputation even though it no longer applies.
Yet they still save some of the costs by not offering what the other air lines do.

And don't pass those savings on.

I just checked and United is $3300

Top Back Refresh