What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

Huh?

Why not some sort of petroleum grease? Also I didn't believe you, but it turns out you're right :flipoff2:
im always right:flipoff2:
i dont know why. and i never lie on purpose.
i had to do it twice. and i know there has to be a better solution. its a nasty job.

but almost everything in a shipyard has a better way of being done. the big-ish one i worked at guys there have been there for 30+ yrs, cant get better promoting old dogs. i do much better now working the smaller yards and bidding work. i made more this month, than i was ever paid in a year working for anyone, and the shipyard wasn't bad money for punching a clock. i was at $38hr when i was fired almost 10yrs ago.

Why not some sort of petroleum grease?
It's government. Use your imagination and then double it. That's how dysfunctional they are. You probably need half a dozen sign offs and each one of those requires a "favor" of some sort. It's not worth the political capital.

Shit like this is why patronage based systems are inefficient.

liquid smoke, much easier than putting in the effort, and it is actually just wood smoke bubbled through water, so it ain't like it is some off the wall artificial flavor or anything
My sawmill buddy and I were joking about forcing the smoker exhaust through boiling water so we could have "maple bong smoked soup". Glad to see were on to something. :laughing:

im always right:flipoff2:
i dont know why. and i never lie on purpose.
i had to do it twice. and i know there has to be a better solution. its a nasty job.
My source thinks it's so there's less of a chance of leaking petroleum products into the water. Which makes sense for this state. :homer:

i suspect hes eating jerky because its high protien, low carb, low sugar. tri tip is cheaper, more satiating, more protien and doesnt have any of the chemical preservatives they put in jerky.
what chemical preservatives?

you take meat
put salt on it and whatever flavoring you want
then dry it out

My source thinks it's so there's less of a chance of leaking petroleum products into the water. Which makes sense for this state. :homer:
that, and it is effective. some of those ferries are so old the main structure is riveted together.

also the gov dont give a fuck about leaking petroleum into the water. they only care if you do it.

It's government.

also very much this.

the yard i worked in was not union. state contracts couldn't exceed 2mil$.... the newest boat in the fleet came to our yard for 'maintenance' before being put into service. we dropped it in the water to renew the contract 4 times. union rep and state where on hand the entire time the shame on the union reps face was awesome. the most shit build i'd ever seen, even the stairway wouldn't pass a home inspection each rise was different and varied by just shy of 2inches. i personally removed and reinstalled every single window on the passenger deck- because every single one leaked bad, and that was just testign with a garden hose. i cant even remember the name of the boat, we just called it the 'I lean' engineering was so bad the boat always leans and cant even be corrected with ballast. king5 news had a glowing piece on how great it was, on 'time and under budget' yeah right, just dont count the 'maintence' we had to do to the tune of 8mil. that was a long time ago now probably 12ish yrs, at Dakota Creek Ind. last job before i decided i had to do my own thing.

Bought some eggs over the weekend...seems like they are getting back to normal price.

_nc_ohc=1laDhRdGoXEAX_OqFzL&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.jpg

Within my rotation of lunch spots, the contest of last business to resist raising prices has ended. The local yuppie party store raised the price of a NY style pepperoni slice from $3.00 to $4.50. The Mexican restaurant has yet to raise prices and offers a daily lunch special (main dish + rice & beans) for $7-9 depending on which main. A basket of chips & salsa with 1 refill is complimentary. Meal portions haven't been noticeably reduced. Therefore, they are the winner of my contest they didn't know they were competing.

I was heading from a project to another project earlier close to lunchtime and I was hungry. I looked around and had 3 options, Chickfila, WaWa, and McDonalds. Chickfila was wrapped around the building like usual and I don't eat McDs unless that is my ONLY choice so I pulled into WaWa. I just paid $8.99 for a fucking sandwich from a damned gas station "restaurant" at WaWa...:eek::mad3:

Edit for context: last time I bought a sandwich from WaWa it was $5.99 and I already thought they were overpriced.

I was heading from a project to another project earlier close to lunchtime and I was hungry. I looked around and had 3 options, Chickfila, WaWa, and McDonalds. Chickfila was wrapped around the building like usual and I don't eat McDs unless that is my ONLY choice so I pulled into WaWa. I just paid $8.99 for a fucking sandwich from a damned gas station "restaurant" at WaWa...:eek::mad3:

Edit for context: last time I bought a sandwich from WaWa it was $5.99 and I already thought they were overpriced.
But you will get you Chick-fil-A order before a mcnastys order if mcnastys had 2 car in front of you

did you go to the deli and have them make up the sandwich from scratch? that's usually a pretty good deal i thought, way better than subway for the same $$

picture of money

gold/silver has no value outside of people agreeing it has a certain value just like any other form of currency and its value as a commodity is driven by technology. when our currency was back by gold it was theoretically a finite resource, just like all the cryptos floating around. is there something else i am missing that someone can explain to me why everyone obsessed with gold?

gold/silver has no value outside of people agreeing it has a certain value just like any other form of currency and its value as a commodity is driven by technology. when our currency was back by gold it was theoretically a finite resource, just like all the cryptos floating around. is there something else i am missing that someone can explain to me why everyone obsessed with gold?
Spoons and cups, damnit!

It won't kill you like other soft metals, is easy to clean, and holds up better than clay

HR has been having food trucks come to work once a week. I don't think there is a meal available from any of them for less than $12

One was charging $1.50 if you used a credit card.

Whatever happened to the $2 giant breakfast burritos we used to get of the roach coaches? I don't need a gourmet grilled cheese for $15

HR has been having food trucks come to work once a week. I don't think there is a meal available from any of them for less than $12

Whatever happened to the $2 giant breakfast burritos we used to get of the roach coaches? I don't need a gourmet grilled cheese for $15

Food tcks are theyre own worst enemy, hipster shit. 90s stepvan with a tree-fitty is $10k.

New one, out fitted, are 6 digits. That's a lot of grilled cheese.

I'm seeing 2 horse trailers being converted and playing the 'country chic' theme.

is there something else i am missing that someone can explain to me why everyone obsessed with gold?
unfounded associations with stability, even though it seems to always be one of the first stores of value to be nationalized

A freind's wife started a food truck a few years back. The reason they have gotten so expensive is the cost of doing that business.

In a normal restaurant, food cost should be 30% of their gross receipts. In a food truck, food costs plus fuel (for both the coach and the generator) must equal 30% or less. Add in LPG with its lower BTU content requiring more fuel at a higher price than CNG through a metered connection, commercial vehicle insurance, and the additional costs of compliance/licensing (a fee to operate in every jurisdiction), and you have to charge more than a sit-down restaurant to break even.

A freind's wife started a food truck a few years back. The reason they have gotten so expensive is the cost of doing that business.

In a normal restaurant, food cost should be 30% of their gross receipts. In a food truck, food costs plus fuel (for both the coach and the generator) must equal 30% or less. Add in LPG with its lower BTU content requiring more fuel at a higher price than CNG through a metered connection, commercial vehicle insurance, and the additional costs of compliance/licensing (a fee to operate in every jurisdiction), and you have to charge more than a sit-down restaurant to break even.

All of it is the cost of government (money printing, idiotic regulations...).

Good luck handling 110*+ temp in the summer:flipoff2:

They're certainly aren't that nice for most irate4x4 to move there now lol. But there's some decent neighbor in Marysvale if you drop the expectations.

Lots of good eating to be had around there

In addition to what was said a few posts above, a "food truck" is also a vastly different concept than the old Roach Coach selling premade burritos, Mexican Cokes and TopoChico.

I do miss the little old ladies that would show up to work sites or businesses I have worked at every morning with a cooler of hot breakfast burritos.

I do miss the little old ladies that would show up to work sites or businesses I have worked at every morning with a cooler of hot breakfast burritos.
For sure, I don't remember anyone getting sick from them! Some job sites we had 2 or three of them show up during the day.

In addition to what was said a few posts above, a "food truck" is also a vastly different concept than the old Roach Coach selling premade burritos, Mexican Cokes and TopoChico.

And the "Health Inspectors" are a joke. Supposed to have hot water available, but dude I know didn't want to replace the water heater in their food truck, so just filled the tank with hot water ahead of the inspection. :homer:

Top Back Refresh