What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

I really like the sausage egg mcmuffin, and thats it. I get one every couple of months or so. If it's lunch or dinner, I'd rather have gas station food.

Hate to hear Wendy's has gone to shit... I used to really like their burgers. Haven't been to one in years.
Wendy's has become quite location-dependent. If you get one where management cares and the employees have bought into the process, its still pretty damn good. Unfortunately those are becoming more rare every day.
The last time I got nuggets, they were rubbery and flavorless. 30 years ago I loved them. Probably ruined them by making them "healthy".
Nah... I think it has more to do with the competition stepped up their game leaving McNuggs in the dust.

Bought a new dometic RV roof unit in 2017 for 557$, went and looked for same unit today and it was $1575!!!

Last edited:
Was in the grocery store the other day. In the checkout line and the guy in front of me doesnt have enough money on his card to get his organic cheese and whatever else $80ish dollars gets.

Fucker dillydabs around for a bit, keeps looking back at everybody else in line. That SOB was hoping somebody was going to cover his bill for him:flipoff: Ended up leaving everything there and walked out. Amazed me that a guy would even try a stunt like that
"...and by golly that texan helped her put every last thing she'd taken to the register back onto the shelves."

defrost them, allow them to get to room temp, pat dry, slather them with stubbs, toss in the oven at 375 and let cook until ~140 on the meat thermometer. let cool on the counter, slice into 8oz portions. toss in a piece of fruit and you got a solid start to your macros for the day

1684779807061.png

1684779779668.png
don't gotta cook jerkey if that's what he's making

you just let it dry in the sun with a box fan blowing on it

Bought a new dometic RV roof unit in 2017 for 557$, went and looked for same unit today and it was $1575!!!

Oh dont even get my started. I really wanted the dometic 12V rooftop unit for my semi. It was 2k, then 2500, now I think it's touching 3k. In about a year.

Regular rooftop units that run on 120v. They were $500-800 2yrs ago and you see what they are now :shaking:.

they were fried in beef tallow

and fun fact... WA state ferries rudder couplings are all packed in tallow. its a real shitty job to pull one.

(you have to cut the side plates off with an oxy/fuel torch while that shit spits back, then when the plates are off use weed burners to melt the reat of it out. save what you can to pour back in after the service. we all had a set of clothing that was only used for the tallow)

weird, i'm picking up my new 5th tomorrow and on the build sheet the 2nd a/c adds $978.75 to the cost. installed and all. you are talking a/c unit right?

weird, i'm picking up my new 5th tomorrow and on the build sheet the 2nd a/c adds $978.75 to the cost. installed and all. you are talking a/c unit right?

Yes, 15 btu dometic brisk air 2. I installed 2 of them for my last motorhome. A buddy said he needs a new one so I pulled up my amazon past orders and same seller is now 1k more than in 2017 when i bought it. We did find it for less elsewhere.

Those 2 units would keep my 40' moho icebox cold even in the havasu summer.

I want smoked jerky. At least that’s what I think I want
liquid smoke, much easier than putting in the effort, and it is actually just wood smoke bubbled through water, so it ain't like it is some off the wall artificial flavor or anything

and fun fact... WA state ferries rudder couplings are all packed in tallow. its a real shitty job to pull one.

(you have to cut the side plates off with an oxy/fuel torch while that shit spits back, then when the plates are off use weed burners to melt the reat of it out. save what you can to pour back in after the service. we all had a set of clothing that was only used for the tallow)
Huh?

Why not some sort of petroleum grease? Also I didn't believe you, but it turns out you're right :flipoff2:

Last edited:
liquid smoke, much easier than putting in the effort, and it is actually just wood smoke bubbled through water, so it ain't like it is some off the wall artificial flavor or anything

Screw that. If yer going to do it, do it right and smoke that shit

Grabbed a honeybun from the cabinet this morning, No idea what it cost but im sure i remember them being much bigger around then my coffee cup. Glad i rarely eat sweets.

Well I thought lard and tallow were the same thing, which they are, but from different animals. The things you learn.:laughing:
I had no idea either but i got this text from my brothers buddy the other day and he can cook like a champ, even in bumfawk ND.
C013A756-EE69-4774-AEC8-5727F22D21B7.jpeg

Grabbed lunch with dad today. Local greasy spoon is well known for epic amounts of food.

Ordered the Blue cheese bacon burger. Fawking onion rings were bigger than the burger! Wtf?

don't gotta cook jerkey if that's what he's making

you just let it dry in the sun with a box fan blowing on it
i suspect hes eating jerky because its high protien, low carb, low sugar. tri tip is cheaper, more satiating, more protien and doesnt have any of the chemical preservatives they put in jerky.

i suspect hes eating jerky because its high protien, low carb, low sugar. tri tip is cheaper, more satiating, more protien and doesnt have any of the chemical preservatives they put in jerky.
You suspect correctly. When I’m on my game I eat high protein and fat, absolutely no carbs or sugar. Jerky is a good snack that doesn’t need to be refrigerated. I buy a 1 lb bag on Monday morning and leave it in my truck till it’s gone which is pretty easily finished off on Friday.

You suspect correctly. When I’m on my game I eat high protein and fat, absolutely no carbs or sugar. Jerky is a good snack that doesn’t need to be refrigerated. I buy a 1 lb bag on Monday morning and leave it in my truck till it’s gone which is pretty easily finished off on Friday.
Put that 1lb bag in my truck Monday morning that fucker is gone before lunch Monday. :flipoff2::lmao:

Yes, 15 btu dometic brisk air 2. I installed 2 of them for my last motorhome. A buddy said he needs a new one so I pulled up my amazon past orders and same seller is now 1k more than in 2017 when i bought it. We did find it for less elsewhere.

Those 2 units would keep my 40' moho icebox cold even in the havasu summer.

I dont doubt it. i was told non stop the next model year is goin to be way more $$.

i'm not rich people, i would have never sprung for the 2nd a/c. but the wife is happy about it. We plan on havasu, and sand hallow this coming year. recently-ish, -new years we stopped by havasu after glamis. i had know idea havasu has so much to explore, and how many people from home (all the AK fishermen) make it their winter home. had fun and will be back.

the new 5th is only 35ft, a lower model, i dont think it has as much insulation as the big ones we travel with. should still keep things plenty cool. buying this one its weird/crazy just seeing the changes is price ont he build sheets as months go by. the same trailer without slide outs built just months after what i'm buying is more money. not just asking price but on the build sheet evrything is more$.

Top Back Refresh