What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

I can’t argue that. But I’ll eat the nuggets like candy. I may have some sort of mineral deficiency or psychological problem that causes that.
The last time I got nuggets, they were rubbery and flavorless. 30 years ago I loved them. Probably ruined them by making them "healthy".

I dont do fast food all that often, Around here BurgerKing makes one burger thats decent, other wise the only place thats edible is CarlsJr.

And price wise you might as well go somewhere that can make Onion rings and sell you beer.

Must be 15 years since I've stepped foot in mcD. The sausage and cheese and mcgangbang couldnt be beat in college.
Honestly, a good burger place is only a couple bucks more, so theres no sense in stopping by fast food.

Chicken nuggets are repulsive :barf:

my kids are both under 6. i am pretty certain they have never had anything from McDs.

if its fast food, we are a Whataburger or Sonic burger family.

Honestly, a good burger place is only a couple bucks more, so theres no sense in stopping by fast food.
Agreed, and i feel the same way about taco bell. The same food at Fuzzy's (etc) is maybe an extra $3.

I get fast food maybe once a month... I'll gladly spend a few extra bucks to not eat trash. Especially with roaring 20's prices. If McD's is $13, and a restaurant call in is $15... im spending $15.

Agreed, and i feel the same way about taco bell. The same food at Fuzzy's (etc) is maybe an extra $3.

I get fast food maybe once a month... I'll gladly spend a few extra bucks to not eat trash. Especially with roaring 20's prices. If McD's is $13, and a restaurant call in is $15... im spending $15.

I do eat chik fil a. But damn it if they arent courteous and serve actual chicken.

Places pre (and even during) covid had specials. $1 this day, whatever % day. Now its fuck you, pay me, or order it on the app. After 1 million points you get a free soda.

I was born in the 80s, fuck your app.

I dont do fast food all that often, Around here BurgerKing makes one burger thats decent, other wise the only place thats edible is CarlsJr.

And price wise you might as well go somewhere that can make Onion rings and sell you beer.
Yep, CarlsJr is about the best of fast food burgers. Wendy's 5 for $5 will have you asking "where's the beef"...:laughing: It can't be much bigger than Krystles.

I still don't think we've seen the worst inflation is bringing to the table. And now they're screaming $15 minimum wage isn't enough...$25 is what they want. You can't seem to make them understand that by doing so, it'll only make it even worse. With each raise in minimum wage, wage workers actually lose buying power. But...but...but...they're making more money. When you trying to explain, that inflation will out pace it, they just get a blank look on their face.

Fuck, I'm tired of trying. Burn this fucker down! I'll survive. You won't.

Was in the grocery store the other day. In the checkout line and the guy in front of me doesnt have enough money on his card to get his organic cheese and whatever else $80ish dollars gets.

Fucker dillydabs around for a bit, keeps looking back at everybody else in line. That SOB was hoping somebody was going to cover his bill for him:flipoff: Ended up leaving everything there and walked out. Amazed me that a guy would even try a stunt like that

Decent sit down meals look better all the time. Fast food is nuts. The beef jerky, chips, and a burrito meals I used to get at gas stations while I was filling up are close to $20 now. But I can sit down in an air conditioned building and a waitress will keep my tea glass full for less than either of those options.

Bought snacks at the grocery store to have in my lunchbox for the week at work. A bag of jacklinks peppered jerky that was $11 pre scamdemick is now $18 bucks. :shaking:

Last edited:
Was in the grocery store the other day. In the checkout line and the guy in front of me doesnt have enough money on his card to get his organic cheese and whatever else $80ish dollars gets.

Fucker dillydabs around for a bit, keeps looking back at everybody else in line. That SOB was hoping somebody was going to cover his bill for him:flipoff: Ended up leaving everything there and walked out. Amazed me that a guy would even try a stunt like that
It’s worked for him before. Or he’s seen it work before and doesn’t have the sort of perception that lets him see the difference between him and his organic cheese and a one legged women with an eye patch buying formula for a baby with three thumbs.

I have been broke before, You can bet you're ass that I knew down to the penny how much was in the account, and a lil $0.99 calculator kept track of went into the cart.

Also the rage that one can channel when you're card gets declined for no logical reason, is something that cannot be faked :laughing: This weren't the case.

if it was a case of a single mom buying a box of Cheerios and half gallon of milk to feed her kid I'd have no issue paying for it. I have been broke as fuck before too.

But some guy that's buying organic food and can't pay.. GTFO :flipoff:

Exactly. The only person falling for his shit was the cashier, She straight up said that she would have covered it if she could afford it:shaking:

McD's really lost a bunch when they went to 100% veg oil for their fried foods. Their fries were like crack when they put some lard in the oil.
They used a beef broth in the oil before. Some vegetarian nutjob found out about it and threw a fit and that was that.

When we were working out of town alot, I would spend a day on the weekend just cranking out breakfast burritos, and meals that could be cooked on the dashboard or in the hotel microwave.

Healthier, and I was able to pocket a good chunk of the per diem that we were getting.

They used a beef broth in the oil before. Some vegetarian nutjob found out about it and threw a fit and that was that.
Beef tallow.

Founded in 1940, McDonald's initially used 93% beef fat tallow for their French fries in an effort to save money, according to a piece on the origins of the favored fast food item published by Atlas Obscura. The money-saving decision resulted in a meaty flavor that unexpectedly gave the fries their signature taste so singularly unique that McDonald's eventually trademarked their menu item as their "World Famous Fries," according to their website. This remained the case until 1985, but things changed years later after the launch of a campaign designed to wage war against the fast food empire.

Per Atlas Obscura, it all began when a multi-millionaire businessman named Phil Sokolof had a heart attack at 43 in 1966. Following his recovery, Sokolof attributed the cardiac event to his diet, so he began researching the correlation between high-fat foods and heart health. This prompted him to found an organization he named the National Heart Savers Association, with the aim of spotlighting Mcdonald's — and, to be fair, other fast food restaurants — with claims that their beloved, beef tallow-laden fries, along with other high cholesterol foods found on their menu, contributed to heart disease (via The New York Times).

After spending at least $15 million campaigning against McDonald's for more than two decades, Sokolof got the attention of consumers, per Atlas Obscura. In 1990, McDonald's eventually responded to the pressure by replacing their beef tallow will vegetable oil. But the story didn't end there.

Consumers thought McDonald's new fries were vegetarian-friendly

Now for the scandal. As Atlas Obscura explains it, some consumers welcomed the ingredient change. Particularly, vegans and vegetarians, who had previously been unable to consume a fry or two due to McDonald's use of beef tallow, assumed they could now enjoy the popular fast food side. That is, or so they thought.

Yes, beef fat tallow was eliminated from the cooking oil, but since the change affected the flavor that many other consumers loved, the franchise found itself on shaky ground. Stocks in the company fell, prompting McDonald's to take action once again (via Atlas Obscura). They attempted to mimic the original taste by adding "natural flavors" to the fries — natural beef flavors, which were added during the pre-shipment potato processing, per the Wall Street Journal.

In another misstep, the company demurred from publicly announcing the ingredient change. The discovery left vegans and vegetarians outraged, along with those who came from religious backgrounds like Hinduism which forbade the consumption of beef tallow. Three later sued McDonald's in 2001 for misleading them. As the Wall Street Journal reported at the time, McDonald's countered that they never said their fries were vegetarian. Either way, they eventually settled with a $10 million donation to religious and vegetarian groups and an apology from the fast food giant. Nowadays, if you check their "World Famous Fries" webpage, you'll see "Natural Beef Flavor" clearly listed in their "allergen information" section.

Read More: The McDonald's Fries Scandal You've Forgotten About - The Daily Meal

I have tri tips in the freezer. I’ll be buying a smoker any day now. Gotta learn what I’m doing.

defrost them, allow them to get to room temp, pat dry, slather them with stubbs, toss in the oven at 375 and let cook until ~140 on the meat thermometer. let cool on the counter, slice into 8oz portions. toss in a piece of fruit and you got a solid start to your macros for the day

1684779807061.png

1684779779668.png

Yeah thats pretty bold. If I was that broke I'd be damn sure checking how much I had in the checking account. Fucking scammers.

Yeah thats pretty bold. If I was that broke I'd be damn sure checking how much I had in the checking account. Fucking scammers.
I've mentioned this before, but I paid a $20'ish grocery bill for three Indians that were trying to decide what they would have to send back. It was the day before Thanksgiving, and the irony was not lost on me. Maybe I got scammed, but it made me feel good.

I've mentioned this before, but I paid a $20'ish grocery bill for three Indians that were trying to decide what they would have to send back. It was the day before Thanksgiving, and the irony was not lost on me. Maybe I got scammed, but it made me feel good.
20 bucks, not much but 80 bucks?

my kids are both under 6. i am pretty certain they have never had anything from McDs.

if its fast food, we are a Whataburger or Sonic burger family.
My kids (4 and 6 at the time) still talk about how awful it was "that one time" their mom grabbed McDs breakfast on the road. :lmao:

My kids are kind of food snobs.

fast food is expensive but buys time. sometimes life doesnt go as planned and if we were to make dinner at home it would be 10pm before the kids were in bed. some months its 2 times, others it 8.
Im not saying it doesn’t happen. Dont gwt me wrong. Im just saying that instead of spending $30 for 4 people at a choke and puke we try and pre-make our food. Chicken pasts that are good refrigerated are common. Along with the generic sandwiches and stuff like that.

My kids (4 and 6 at the time) still talk about how awful it was "that one time" their mom grabbed McDs breakfast on the road. :lmao:

My kids are kind of food snobs.
The breakfast stuff got to be about the only thing I still liked from mcmurder. Tell your kids to try it after a night of binge drinking and blow.

Top Back Refresh