What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

China and France are beginning to trade LNG for Yuan and Saudi Arabia enters a trade alliance with China, Russia, India, and others…

As the strength of the dollar wanes inflation will continue to rise
This is going to be the shot heard around the world :eek:

People have no idea how much prices will go up for the US when the world turns against the dollar...:flipoff:FJB

The criteria for “unemployment“ is #1. Being part of the workforce and #2. Actively looking for work.

All the people that just retired early at Covid aren’t part of the workforce anymore. Mom’s working part time jobs that were told to “stay home” and never went back aren’t part of the workforce anymore.

“Influencers” who advertise products on Instagram aren’t actively looking for work. Onlyfans peeps showing their feet, etc aren’t actively looking for work. I’m picking on those because they are basically leaches rather than contributing something to society.

I don’t know what everyone else is doing to make a living that’s basically just out driving around all day. Traffic at 10 am or 2 pm is twice as bad as it was in 2019. There’s hardly even “rush hour traffic” here any more.
Where do you live? Ive seen the same shit in atlanta ga.

We are getting a Dutch brother's coffee to compete with the 3-4 other coffee shops this little town already has. They were advertising up to $14 an hour

The up to part included tips which they estimated as being $4 an hour.

So they are paying $10 an hour and getting completely trashed on facebook.

Slinging coffee is in my opinion a semi-skilled job. much more skilled than say flipping burgers. IM not sure what Starbucks pays but im sure its more than $10 and they still have limited hours due to no workers.

We are getting a Dutch brother's coffee to compete with the 3-4 other coffee shops this little town already has. They were advertising up to $14 an hour

The up to part included tips which they estimated as being $4 an hour.

So they are paying $10 an hour and getting completely trashed on facebook.

Slinging coffee is in my opinion a semi-skilled job. much more skilled than say flipping burgers. IM not sure what Starbucks pays but im sure its more than $10 and they still have limited hours due to no workers.

So they are out of touch on the "going rate" for labor in the area. Let them give it a shot. If they are wrong, they will creep up the pay rate until they someone hires on. Or.... they are right and competition around them is overpaying. Either way, give it time and it will sort out on its own.

But we cant have that. There is so much fed gov/state gov intrusion in labor/hiring/compensation that the business owner has limited control over the employees. And it is only pushed further by the "facebooker" types demanding government right the wrongs of the world in a manner pleasing to them, completely disconnected to the economics of the market.

China and France are beginning to trade LNG for Yuan and Saudi Arabia enters a trade alliance with China, Russia, India, and others…

As the strength of the dollar wanes inflation will continue to rise

This is why we will likely see another war perhaps on a global scale this time around, gov will start printing money again on a large scale - further throwing the country in a financial abyss.

Cantillon effect - The uneven effects of money printing.

The first recipients of freshly-printed money profit the most, as they have more money to buy goods at unchanged prices.

By the time that new money trickles down to the bottom, normal people are left to deal with increased prices and are often left with less purchasing power.

This is the real trickle down economy, not the Reaganomics leftists love to talk about so much :mad3:

Untitled.jpg

Pretty close to knocking a zero off our our currency and being close to that menu.
Nice observation, I'd say we're at 10x on those prices now. Any anywhere where we might be shy on the 10x, the current offering is lacking in size and certainly quality

It'd be nice to know when and where that was taken

Would be some absolute shit oil and oil filter made out of a used fender dug out of the scrap pile in a dirt floor factory.

1.5 gallons of oil and a good filter ~$45 dealer cost.
That's odd, I get 200k + miles just using walmart oil and filters. Typical 6 quart oil change cost me right at $20 pre-covid..think it's up to $23 now.

last time I went I had to study the menu because the dollar menu is long gone
turns out the double cheeseburger is only a few cents more than the mcdouble, so that's "nice" at least

A McDouble and medium fries here is now $7.50, I won't be going back no matter how hungry I am. It blows my mind the cars lined up around the block to go through the drive thru. I guess people aren't hurting enough yet.:shaking:

That's odd, I get 200k + miles just using walmart oil and filters. Typical 6 quart oil change cost me right at $20 pre-covid..think it's up to $23 now.
Even when I worked at Sears 20 years ago it wasn't that cheap.

A McDouble and medium fries here is now $7.50, I won't be going back no matter how hungry I am. It blows my mind the cars lined up around the block to go through the drive thru. I guess people aren't hurting enough yet.:shaking:
yup
it's nice for convenience's sake, but if that trash ain't a dollar then I'll just suffer a li'l while until I can get home and make a two dollar hamburger

6 quarts of Halvoline high mileage and a supertech filter is what i always go with. The oil was $16 pre-covid and the filter was $3. So looks closer to $30 now.

I thought you meant Walmart was changing it.

I run 5w40 Rotella in almost all my stuff, it's around $25 a gallon.

Considered going to Delo XSP, as I get fuel and oil almost at cost through work, but it's $$$, like over $30
I can get the 15w40 for around $15 a gallon.

Most of my stuff holds several gallons, some 10-12, so it adds up.

I thought you meant Walmart was changing it.

I run 5w40 Rotella in almost all my stuff, it's around $25 a gallon.

Considered going to Delo XSP, as I get fuel and oil almost at cost through work, but it's $$$, like over $30
I can get the 15w40 for around $15 a gallon.

Most of my stuff holds several gallons, some 10-12, so it adds up.
Ah...nope. Wouldn't let a shop change my oil unless I had absolutely no other choice.

I had to let shops do it a couple times when I lived in Blacksburg, VA a few years back when I lived in an apartment with a strict "no working on vehicles" policy and was also working night shift at the same time. Normally I'd just go out in the middle of the night and do it in their parking lot anyway.

Ah...nope. Wouldn't let a shop change my oil unless I had absolutely no other choice.

I had to let shops do it a couple times when I lived in Blacksburg, VA a few years back when I lived in an apartment with a strict "no working on vehicles" policy and was also working night shift at the same time. Normally I'd just go out in the middle of the night and do it in their parking lot anyway.
Normally I’d agree but, It saved my ass letting someone else do it. When the motor in my Tucson blew, they wanted proof of maintenance. I was able to give them 19 pages of oil changes. Got a new motor no questions asked.

I could get an oil change and tire rotation done for $10 more than I could buy the oil change stuff. I figured it wasn’t worth the effort to do it myself.

I can't believe anyone still buys anything from McDonald's. Wouldn't feed my dog that unless he was starving and he'd have to stay outside till the diarrhea was over

Did you order from a person or one of those goofy touch screens?
I went in one the other day and there was a sign at the till saying there weren't enough workers and to go online or use the self ordering thing. What the hell?!

I felt like my parents trying to program the VCR clock circa 1995 trying to figure it out.

Would have left but I was on the clock and snuck the street sweeper over there (was doing the mall's 40+ acre lot).
Was either that or Raising Cane or Rita's Pit, whatever those are.

Top Back Refresh