What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

I can't believe anyone still buys anything from McDonald's. Wouldn't feed my dog that unless he was starving and he'd have to stay outside till the diarrhea was over
Quick, fast, relatively cheap, tastes decent, fills the gut, makes a turd, and the shitter is usually fairly clean.

Sometimes it's places like that or gas station with $8 sandwiches or $4 hot dogs that have been cooking on the rotisserie thing all day.

I can't believe anyone still buys anything from McDonald's. Wouldn't feed my dog that unless he was starving and he'd have to stay outside till the diarrhea was over
A 4-piece nuggy happy meal with bbq sauce and chocolate milk is a good reward for a 5-year-old... He got one of those on preschool graduation night.

Quick, fast, relatively cheap, tastes decent, fills the gut, makes a turd, and the shitter is usually fairly clean.

Sometimes it's places like that or gas station with $8 sandwiches or $4 hot dogs that have been cooking on the rotisserie thing all day.
It's still poison.

That award goes to burger king, or wendys.
Both recently have gone down hill to set the bar even lower that krystal

Best burgers: Burger King
Best Fries: McDonalds
Best nuggets: McDonalds
Wendy's is meh. Thier Chicken sandwiches are decent though.
Taco Bell is tasty, but depending on what you order they can be the most pricey.

Plenty of other options out there. Wendy's is about 1000x better.

Best burgers: Burger King
Best Fries: McDonalds
Best nuggets: McDonalds
Wendy's is meh. Thier Chicken sandwiches are decent though.
Taco Bell is tasty, but depending on what you order they can be the most pricey.

No idea what Taco Bell puts in their food, but it's almost a guarantee I'll need to stay within sight of a bathroom if I eat there.

No idea what Taco Bell puts in their food, but it's almost a guarantee I'll need to stay within sight of a bathroom if I eat there.
About 99% of my restaurant business for the last 2 or 3 years has gone to the local Mexican restaurant. La Carreta in Summersville WV if anyone is passing through on US 19.

The people that work there are all friendly and you can tell they actually appreciate the business. They're on a first name basis with at least half the county. Compare that to almost every other local restaurant where the smartass kids working there act like you're ruining their time by being a customer.

The food comes out fast and you get a huge plate of food for a few dollars. Inflation finally forced them to raise prices, but the owner held out as long as he could, far after every shit fast food place in town had almost doubled.

Im guessing the :mr-t::mr-t: that work at them around here make the difference vs what yall experience in other parts of the country.
Just tried a burger king whopper the other night for first time in 3-4 years.
Tasted nothing like they used to, threw it away it was disgusting.

Made mcdonalds taste like 5 guys in comparison.

Krystals around here that haven't closed yet are unedible. Same with checkers and wendys.
Fast food as a whole is disgusting these days.
Chickfila is not even as good as it used to be.

Mcdonalds and chickfila seem to be the only ones that can consitently maintain mediocre quality all over.

I guess you guys havent dealt with franchisee's on the owner side bulding for them. If you saw the standards mcdonalds and chickfila have/hold to compared to krystals, popeyes, birger king etc you would never eat at one of those establishments again. :barf: Hardees too….:barf:

what is a quarter pounder, like $9 now?
I've genuinely never had one.
Well if you get the two from one coupon they're not a bad deal I think the regular is $6 and the double is $9?

I generally just get 'quarter meats' which is McDonald's speak for just the patty. Depending on which McDonald's you're at its between $1.25-2.50.

Went through Wendy's drive-through tonight...Dave's Single combo with small fries and drink was over $10.

How the hell do you people with families afford to eat out?

Crippling credit card debt
^ This.
If you want to see even more outrageous prices go to your local truck stop.

I was at Flying J in Jamestown, NM last night.
2 smaller sandwich wraps $11
2 slices of pizza $4 something each
Chips 2 for $8 and on and on...

It blew my mind watching some of these guys buying this crap.

What I did is stop by Walmart (Amarillo) while I was underway, got some apples/bananas, beef jerky, dry roasted peanuts and tuna pouches. A lot healthier, cheaper too vs eating truck stop and junk food daily.

Next time I drop by I will be getting me some toasted bread and avocados, I forgot to grab it the first time around.

I really like the sausage egg mcmuffin, and thats it. I get one every couple of months or so. If it's lunch or dinner, I'd rather have gas station food.

Hate to hear Wendy's has gone to shit... I used to really like their burgers. Haven't been to one in years.

I really like the sausage egg mcmuffin, and thats it. I get one every couple of months or so. If it's lunch or dinner, I'd rather have gas station food.

Hate to hear Wendy's has gone to shit... I used to really like their burgers. Haven't been to one in years.
Some folks like the breakfast burrito, but a decent Mexican restaurant is going to do it better.

Went to Jack in the Box the other day for a Chicken Fajita Pia based on fond memories, and man was it tasteless. I don't know what changed but it seemed like something McDonalds would make.

Port a Sub, 5 Guys, Smashburger, Firehouse, Jersey Mikes, and local delis are my go to.

Top Back Refresh