What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

Around here, food trucks have to pass health inspection, AND they have to have a commercial grade and inspected kitchen somewhere as a part of their business for pre-truck prep. The number of food trucks around here dropped dramatically after that went into effect.

Around here, food trucks have to pass health inspection, AND they have to have a commercial grade and inspected kitchen somewhere as a part of their business for pre-truck prep. The number of food trucks around here dropped dramatically after that went into effect.
Buddy looked into a food truck a few years ago and that was the requirement here as well.

351188_image.jpg

Does anyone remember the price of this model pre COVID? I have one and I feel like it was under $300 but don't remember. $500 seems insane for that these are.

Does anyone remember the price of this model pre COVID? I have one and I feel like it was under $300 but don't remember. $500 seems insane for that these are.

I was gonna buy three of them when they went on sale. Regular price was $299 and sale was $249. Chyna flu happened and they never went on sale again and yup $500 plus here now.:shaking:

My order history says I paid $298 in May, 2020.

Friend is a wholesaler/boat owner and if your talking Kings they just didn’t find them this year in Alaska. They just moved but the government in caution instead of looking said nobody do shit because it could be global warming.
Wasn’t there a couple hours news coverage that the Chinese had been fishing our waters in the off season before they mysteriously vanished?

I can’t find any mention online but I know it was being talked about back then.

Wasn’t there a couple hours news coverage that the Chinese had been fishing our waters in the off season before they mysteriously vanished?

I can’t find any mention online but I know it was being talked about back then.
China routinely uses their distant water fishing fleet to rape, rob, pillage, and denude fishing stocks all around the world. In the first and second island chains they use their coast guard as muscle and backup. They've had a shit ton of run ins with fishing fleets from the Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc.

For inflation, a $90 bottle of scotch pre-Covid was $169 the last time I saw it.

Reactions: DMG
Oscar Meyer turkey bacon was about $2 a pack and now its still about $5.

Eating healthy(er) is expensive as fuck nowadays.

Yep, turkey bacon :flipoff2:

only thing turkey bacon is good for is if you microwave it until it is hard and tough like jerky

only thing turkey bacon is good for is if you microwave it until it is hard and tough like jerky
It's actually not too bad. I just had some regular bacon today for the first time in over a year and while it was fucking good, I prefer the turkey bacon.

Frying eggs after making bacon doesn't make the eggs all slimly either.

Turkey and bacon should not be used in the same sentence.

The real thing tastes amazing, turkey is more like eating an old shoe...

I do like peppered turkey meat in my sammich...

Reactions: DMG
Almost $200 for a group 78 battery today.

Refrigerant... $39 for a can of R134a. The can I had left from a couple years ago was $18.

The fancy 14342yfm anclmnop whatever the hell was over $100.

HR has been having food trucks come to work once a week. I don't think there is a meal available from any of them for less than $12

One was charging $1.50 if you used a credit card.

Whatever happened to the $2 giant breakfast burritos we used to get of the roach coaches? I don't need a gourmet grilled cheese for $15

I got Burgler King a few nights ago. Was $22 for a burger meal and nuggets for the dog.

Seems not long ago a decent steak supper was $20.

Top Back Refresh