What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

There is a guy on youtube his channel is Armchair builder. In one of his latest videos, he said, freddie and fanny predict 4.5% interest next year. :lmao: I wish.

1667500785191.png

Don’t know where it goes so it goes here

Grocery store is kind of trying to discourage people from stocking up on milk and eggs

D219EB70-0A05-4073-9A4B-C61971B753DA.jpeg

F22F74E9-C07D-4994-9715-175A477C1A7C.jpeg

Don’t know where it goes so it goes here

Grocery store is kind of trying to discourage people from stocking up on milk and eggs

D219EB70-0A05-4073-9A4B-C61971B753DA.jpeg

F22F74E9-C07D-4994-9715-175A477C1A7C.jpeg
What's weird is that our grocery is the opposite. Price is listed can o' beans $1.35 (tiny print says must buy 5 or price is $1.75)

BTW don't complain too hard, we are at $6 a gallon for milk at Costco.:eek:

What's weird is that our grocery is the opposite. Price is listed can o' beans $1.35 (tiny print says must buy 5 or price is $1.75)

BTW don't complain too hard, we are at $6 a gallon for milk at Costco.:eek:
They sell gallons of milk in Canada?:lmao:

Are you saying it is $12 for the Costco box of 2 containers of milk? I’ll have to check what it is locally.

Maybe they're running a sale, like how a coupon has a 'limit of 2' or whatever
Yeah. Maybe. Buy Mateo and pay more for the third.
I predict a lot of people buying two gallons, paying, then ringing up another 2.

They sell gallons of milk in Canada?:lmao:

Are you saying it is $12 for the Costco box of 2 containers of milk? I’ll have to check what it is locally.
We don't get the 2 pack of milk up here, just gallon jugs one at a time. I almost forgot, in addition to the $6 a gallon you gotta also pay a deposit and some recycling fee on the jug itself.:shaking:

We don't get the 2 pack of milk up here, just gallon jugs one at a time. I almost forgot, in addition to the $6 a gallon you gotta also pay a deposit and some recycling fee on the jug itself.:shaking:
Sounds like California. Best of luck getting a refund from the store for returning the empty jug.

no they use the imperial gallon which is larger
No. We don't use a gallon measurement for anything any more, probably since the early '80s at least.

I just actually took a look at my milk, it's listed at 4L. an imperial gallon is 3.78L so I guess the jug holds 3/4 oz more. Not enough to even wet your whistle.

GF and I don't do metric, not one little bit, about all I know is a can of beer should be 355ml whatever that is. We both grew up before metric became a thing up here and then add in the fact I am Montana born and raised we do imperial and if someone don't like it they can figure it out themselves:laughing:

i pay around 9 bucks for 5 dozen. Its up from 6 about a year and a half ago
I was regularly paying 0.80-$1.25/dozen at Aldi for years. Now they're at $3.25, still cheaper than the $4+ at the bigger supermarket chains

Costco was $5-6 for 2 dozen this weekend, i grabbed a pack.

Gone are the days of $0.25 breakfasts. we would mix up a dozen eggs with some random ground meat/peppers/onions/etc, throw it in a tall oven pan thing, and make a frittata or whatever it's called. Now I'm back to no breakfast or oatmeal

Beginning of 2020 I paid 1500 shipped for this kit

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221111-130944_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221111-130944_Chrome.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 37
huh, not that surprising apart from this bit making me want to discount most of what he has to say:
The only reason why the US zombie keeps going is because the end of the US is the end of western prosperity and an admission that capitalism failed as a model for the world.
capitalism didn't fail, it was the market-killing corruption created by massive concentration of power

Personal cost of living thoughts-

Wife and I were talking last night, after seeing my 1st house back on the market. In the last 20 years, my pay has gone up 10%-ish, and homes have almost tripled. Anecdotal of course

-- same job --
2002- I made $80k no overtime
2022- will make $90k no overtime

-- same house --
2002- bought 1900ft House X for $80k
2022- House X is on market for $230k, relatively unchanged

There are alot of people out there that aren't going to make it (financially) another year. I'm predicting record chapter 7 filings for 23-24. We're about to go through some shit that'll make 07-08 look like vacation.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh