What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

Dude consumer protections starts with the consumer. Read the labels and know right away they shrunk it. Dont act like a victim. Oh my gawd, its only a gallon of icecream. I think it used to be bigger. Either buy cheaper, make your own or dont buy it. :flipoff2:

Anyways, going to start making a sourdough starter again. Had one going several years ago and loved it. English muffins, bread etc. only took a bit of flour and water to keep it up and had sourdough for days.
Really good for your gut biome also...

"
"If you look around the world, there are a lot of economies that are really suffering not only from high inflation but very weak economic performance, and the United States stands out," Yellen said. "We have unemployment at a 50-year low… We saw in this morning's report – consumer spending and investment spending continued to grow. We have solid household finances, business finances, banks that are well capitalized."

"This is not an economy that's in recession and we continue to do well," she added."

lol... riiiiight...

Anyways, going to start making a sourdough starter again. Had one going several years ago and loved it. English muffins, bread etc. only took a bit of flour and water to keep it up and had sourdough for days.
I had one that according to the person I got it from had been started by one of her ancestors during the Cal. Gold rush. Girl friend moved in cleaned out my fridge and threw it away, when I walked in she was washing the jar! Dog gone near led to a break up right then and there :mad3:

You don’t understand though. We, the government, need to keep laundering money through the Ukraine. We understand more than you peasants that a Billion is the new Hundred thousand. :lmao: We will keep hiking your rates so you can help us pay for it.:stirthepot:
Stop for a second and think about what you are arguing though. These rates should have been raised back in 2010-2012, but they kicked the can down the road and was printing worthless money since then. Now we (the US) have to pay the piper, at pretty much the worst time. We are in a do you want someone to shit in your mouth or puke in your mouth scenario. The US as a whole, the consumer and coporations structured thier lives on free money lasting forever.

I'm focusing just in the rate hikes and our countries dumpster fire that is monetary policy, fuck Ukraine we should not be giving them one dime or any support.

Stop for a second and think about what you are arguing though. These rates should have been raised back in 2010-2012, but they kicked the can down the road and was printing worthless money since then. Now we (the US) have to pay the piper, at pretty much the worst time. We are in a do you want someone to shit in your mouth or puke in your mouth scenario. The US as a whole, the consumer and coporations structured thier lives on free money lasting forever.

I'm focusing just in the rate hikes and our countries dumpster fire that is monetary policy, fuck Ukraine we should not be giving them one dime or any support.
Indeed. The reason they didn't? They could keep spending recklessly and put it on the national credit card at rock-bottom prices. After all, having debt isn't bad when you can control the value of the currency (via inflation) and keep the interest rate lower than the rate of inflation... the interest payment becomes free and the real balance of the debt comes down.

Difficult concept for most to grasp, but that's the game they have been playing and it finally caught up to them.

We understand more than you peasants that a Billion is the new Hundred thousand. :lmao:
My neighbor is a multimillionaire (probably under 10). I've known him long before we moved here. I remember that being "fuck you" money. Now I think about it, like 'I could retire and do what I wanted... but I'd have to keep a budget and stick to it." $9mil is the new $900k.

My current generic middle class home is valued at what would have bought a 6000ft doctor's house w/4 car garage 10 years ago. That is until next year, when we see 15% 30yr mortgages.

There was no reason to raise rates back to a more normal/sustainable point back in 10-12, because we rewarded the financial failure of 08. You don't just jump out of the scam because of a few bumps in the road... you keep riding in it till it gets to the cliff.

We went trailer house shopping for my mother in law this weekend. She found what she was looking for around 90k.

She has perfect credit and her offer from the bank was 9.156% :shocked:

Im not disagreeing with the fact its LONG overdue. I’m more poking fun at the fact that it took denial they were printing and handing out money for covid, transitory inflation, and thats somehow good for the economy. To when they are giving billions to a war that shouldn’t even be on our radar. But now that they are paying themselves with the printed money they can raise the rates.

"Economy is Strong as hell"

fdgh.jpg

fdgh_1.jpg
So what is it a yard over there now?
:laughing:

A bucket of water on a Barn fire...
These rate hikes will destroy the residential construction market.

I had one that according to the person I got it from had been started by one of her ancestors during the Cal. Gold rush. Girl friend moved in cleaned out my fridge and threw it away, when I walked in she was washing the jar! Dog gone near led to a break up right then and there :mad3:
Just either buy a starter or make one and stir it. My understanding is that even though they may come from such and such a line. The yeast spores in your area slowly takeover and change the flavor profile to what is in your area. If you look at it. All the famous sourdough seems to come from humid rainy areas. The older the building the better provided it is still healthy and a complete bonus if it has a history of baking in it as well.

I dont even remember how many of the concrete price raises I have seen in this thread or what the starting price was. Anyone know what it was July 2019 vs today, or what it will be shortly?
early '20 it was about 100/yd
couple weeks ago it was 130/yd

Yup, got one of those sitting on my office desk. Paid $278.00 a yard for 4500 psi the other day!😳
Bought another 500 foot roll of 2” hdpe pipe a couple of weeks ago. Price has doubled in two years.
Wtf 278 a yard????!!

I got 107 yards comming next week put in place for 28,100 with 2 tons of rebar in it .

From a random jobs, quotes are 4-5 months old
Yup, got one of those sitting on my office desk. Paid $278.00 a yard for 4500 psi the other day!😳
Bought another 500 foot roll of 2” hdpe pipe a couple of weeks ago. Price has doubled in two years.
So what is it a yard over there now?

These rate hikes will destroy the residential construction market.
1.jpg

2.jpg

what in the absolute fuck?

Did you call the truck to have a single yard delivered or what?
Concrete shortage here. Companies are taking full advantage of that. Limits on how much each concrete buyer can have a week bla bla bla. Short load of three yards. It was literally all I could get.
Things have been on fire here for years. My house is valued at $750,000 and it’s 1600 square feet!😳

Just either buy a starter or make one and stir it. My understanding is that even though they may come from such and such a line. The yeast spores in your area slowly takeover and change the flavor profile to what is in your area. If you look at it. All the famous sourdough seems to come from humid rainy areas. The older the building the better provided it is still healthy and a complete bonus if it has a history of baking in it as well.
Yup I keep seeing starter advertised on amazon, just can't quite make myself pull the trigger. living in NM desert not sure what kind of spores we would have floating around

"
"If you look around the world, there are a lot of economies that are really suffering not only from high inflation but very weak economic performance, and the United States stands out," Yellen said. "We have unemployment at a 50-year low… We saw in this morning's report – consumer spending and investment spending continued to grow. We have solid household finances, business finances, banks that are well capitalized."

"This is not an economy that's in recession and we continue to do well," she added."

lol... riiiiight...
She is right about employment though. I don't anyone who has gotten laid off or had to take a pay cut. I'm still hearing of people leaving jobs for new jobs that pay more. Which of course leads to more inflation if companies have to pay more to have an ass in the seat or on the production line etc.

Yup I keep seeing starter advertised on amazon, just can't quite make myself pull the trigger. living in NM desert not sure what kind of spores we would have floating around
If you gave an older house that had a fair bit of baking done in it you probably have all you need. Or a newer house with a lot of baking done in it you’re probably fine.

If you mix flour and water on your counter and leave it open it will go through several different species of lactobacillus until the climax bacteria for your region/climate takes over. You can tell by the smell when that happens. Or I can send you some of our starter that is between 5 and 10 years old.

Down here in Austin, where they cant pour fast enough....

$150-180 a yard with a 4-6 yard minimum, depending on plant. 4000PSI

Y'all are getting strait fucked.

Top Back Refresh