What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

I'm betting 'many' people dont. Then if you sell off, capital gains fucks you. So you're back in the same boat having to buy more property of equal value.

Higher property values only benefit the .gov and real estate agents... both parasites.

This is the thing most people don't get.. The only ones making out on these inflated home prices are the tax man and the realtors.

Hey it's not our money printing that is driving inflation, now it's you lazy fucks that work from home and that get paid too much...

Now the fed is just throwing shit at the wall and blaming everyone but their inept monetary policy. Fuck these evil fucks, they should all be hung

Now the fed is just throwing shit at the wall and blaming everyone but their inept monetary policy.
can you expect anything else after the continuing pandemic related excuses
or continuing to meddle in the economy after that's been healthily proven to fuck everyone up badly

or just generally how blameless everyone has gotten in the last two (or more) decades

can you expect anything else after the continuing pandemic related excuses
or continuing to meddle in the economy after that's been healthily proven to fuck everyone up badly

or just generally how blameless everyone has gotten in the last two (or more) decades
Of course not!! That private entity is a literal leach on the American taxpayer, 100% of your federal income taxes go to them, and it's nothing but blame the people for shit they create while championing themselves as the economic savior.

Hey it's not our money printing that is driving inflation, now it's you lazy fucks that work from home and that get paid too much...

Now the fed is just throwing shit at the wall and blaming everyone but their inept monetary policy. Fuck these evil fucks, they should all be hung
I want to kick so many people in the **** with a supersonic **** punt these days :flipoff:

fdgh.jpg

Only going to get worse’: Economist tells Cavuto that energy inflation is here to stay​

September 30, 2022

Harold Hutchison, DCNF

An economist told Fox Business host Neil Cavuto that President Joe Biden needed to “allow energy producers to do what they do” during a Thursday appearance or things were “only going to get worse.”

“You know, this really is a supply and demand issue, and every time there’s a natural disaster we hear about price gouging,” Nick Loris, vice president of public policy for C3 Solutions, told Cavuto. “And if we actually set price caps on gasoline, on water, on generators, that’s going to result in a much worse situation because you’re going to have a lot of people hoarding these commodities and so therefore a lot of people won’t be able to get them, a lot of the people that need them most won’t be able to get them, to meet them, so this is really not a problem right now. The industry is working hard to keep refineries and stations online to make sure that prices stay as low as possible, but really there’s no issue here and it is just a fact of supply and demand.”

Biden threatened oil companies with a federal investigation if they engaged in “price gouging” in the aftermath of Hurricane Ian. Gas prices are up 99 cents from September 2021, according to AAA.

WATCH:

Some experts have said that Biden’s hostility to fossil fuel production made energy prices go higher. The Biden administration revoked a permit for the Keystone XL pipeline in January 2021, canceled a planned offshore lease sale in May and asked a court to uphold a ban on oil and gas lease sales in June.

“I’ve covered many of these hurricanes and Mother Nature events. You always get a run on fuel. For a lot of people to top their tanks, they have to get out, evacuate, so they get nervous, just like they make a run at stores like Costco to get their hands on anything and everything they can and they hoard, so that might be a factor,” Cavuto said. “But, again, we don’t see it in prices. But let me get the big macro picture from you, Nick. I mean, we’re seeing energy prices pick up again here, utility bills in this country picking up. I know looking at gas or energy of any sort, here and in Europe, it’s out of control. Are we facing energy inflation again?”

“It certainly feels that way, and without the necessary permitting reforms and the expedited processes to get more supply online it’s only going to get worse because that demand is there, we’ve seen natural gas prices are up, electricity bills are higher and the prices at the pump are still uncomfortably high for most Americans, and without that necessary supply to help bring down prices, it’s going to remain that way for quite some time,” Loris responded. “So, I think what the API has said about expediting permits to provide some regulatory and policy certainty that America is a global leader as an oil and gas producer and does so more environmentally friendly than anyone else in the world should send a strong signal to the administration and Congress to really get to work to allow energy producers to do what they do and that’s supply Americans with affordable, reliable power.”

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment from the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Costs more and gets worse.

It'd be kinda cool to compare bachelor's degree X 1992 to bachelor's degree X 2022 from the same university. You think the '22 guy got a better education in X? Well he should... its 30yrs later. We know so much more about X now than we did back then. Put the '22 grad in a time machine, send him back to '92... he should automatically be top of the class.

But I bet not.

Costs more and gets worse.

It'd be kinda cool to compare bachelor's degree X 1992 to bachelor's degree X 2022 from the same university. You think the '22 guy got a better education in X? Well he should... its 30yrs later. We know so much more about X now than we did back then. Put the '22 grad in a time machine, send him back to '92... he should automatically be top of the class.

But I bet not.
You had me up to time machine. I’m sure the smart kids from 30 years ago would say ‘you can’t use technology that doesn’t exist u til 20 years in the future. We can’t Google this shit because it hasn’t been figured out yet since it is 1992 and you’re telling us it happens a decade in the future.’

You had me up to time machine. I’m sure the smart kids from 30 years ago would say ‘you can’t use technology that doesn’t exist u til 20 years in the future. We can’t Google this shit because it hasn’t been figured out yet since it is 1992 and you’re telling us it happens a decade in the future.’
Pretty much. Having trained as an engineer back in the 80s/90s, the skills I developed leveraging the technology of that time is much different than what young engineers are doing today. I dont think either would necessarily be smarter than the other. Just different.

ETA: My father trained as an engineer with slide rules. He was good at different technology.

Last edited:
I have had at length discussions with my wife about this.

We bought our current home with 50% equity. Just a couple of years later out of nowhere we're at like 80%. This means NOTHING. "But we could sell and have this giant wad of cash to buy our 'dream house'".... you're not getting it... the magic 150k that fell out of the sky and landed on our house, also landed on everyone else's house. We're going to sell a 250k house for 400k... then go buy a 280k house for 450k. You're not mathing. Get out your fucking calculator.

The retarded value increase works fine when you've inherited a place to move to that you're going to remodel, or building a shop house out in the sticks and you're doing half the work, moving to off grid cabin, moving from SoCal to flyover country etc. If you're selling a normal house to buy a different normal house, it's zero help.

It took a few tries, but she finally got it.

:laughing:
You are missing the other option: use your house as a credit card. Even if you default, they just get the house loaded with debt and you go onto the next one. Oh noes, rent for 2 years. Lots of hooked and coke before then though :rasta:

Point taken.

*back then, you got a mediocre education for $20k.

*now, you get a less than mediocre education and indoctrinated into the cult of wokeness for $100k.
Sounds like the older generation is upset the newer generation uses technology they didn’t have. :flipoff2:

I have had at length discussions with my wife about this.

We bought our current home with 50% equity. Just a couple of years later out of nowhere we're at like 80%. This means NOTHING. "But we could sell and have this giant wad of cash to buy our 'dream house'".... you're not getting it... the magic 150k that fell out of the sky and landed on our house, also landed on everyone else's house. We're going to sell a 250k house for 400k... then go buy a 280k house for 450k. You're not mathing. Get out your fucking calculator.

The retarded value increase works fine when you've inherited a place to move to that you're going to remodel, or building a shop house out in the sticks and you're doing half the work, moving to off grid cabin, moving from SoCal to flyover country etc. If you're selling a normal house to buy a different normal house, it's zero help.

It took a few tries, but she finally got it.

:laughing:
Another offroad forum I'm on is made up of more "normal" people than irate on the financial literacy spectrum and it was was hilarious to watch people blow their load over house and Tacoma truck values. They were selling their houses and trucks for an insane "profit" then like clockwork a few months later they were bitching because house prices went up and they couldn't find a house or truck anywhere to replace the one they sold and what they could find was often a downgrade. Idiots.

Another offroad forum I'm on is made up of more "normal" people than irate on the financial literacy spectrum and it was was hilarious to watch people blow their load over house and Tacoma truck values. They were selling their houses and trucks for an insane "profit" then like clockwork a few months later they were bitching because house prices went up and they couldn't find a house truck anywhere to replace the one they sold and what they could find was often a downgrade. Idiots.
What retards. It’s really sad to think about there is way way more people in this country like what you described above than there are that can see what is happening and do some basic math.

It’s probably why we have so big of recessionary swings. Omg omg we are doing good spend spend spend. Omg omg omg we are now broke as fuck and cannot afford to pay on the house and feed ourselves.

What retards. It’s really sad to think about there is way way more people in this country like what you described above than there are that can see what is happening and do some basic math.

It’s probably why we have so big of recessionary swings. Omg omg we are doing good spend spend spend. Omg omg omg we are now broke as fuck and cannot afford to pay on the house and feed ourselves.

I also don't understand the reverse that happened around 2008 when people were "upside down" on their mortgage and stopped paying it. Wtf is up with that and what numbers are you even using? Shit I was upside down most of my starter house mortgage that I picked up in 2010 and eventually sold it for a nice profit. Paid into it the whole time obviously.

People are so fucking dumb with money it's unbelievable.

Sounds like the older generation is upset the newer generation uses technology they didn’t have. :flipoff2:
Not at all.

I went back to school later in life, graduated college in 2019. I skated through the classes and got a 3.78 GPA. When I would write a paper my freshman year, there was "extra credit" if you took your paper to the "writing center" to have a work-study student (usually an English or Lit major) read your paper and give you some things to correct, like formatting, grammar, citations, etc. When I would show up, invariably the kid reading it would ask "Where did you learn to write like that?" I told them that 25 years prior, this was required to graduate high school.

Another anecdote; I would comment on classroom discussions and some of the kids would ask how I knew so much about so many different things. I told them about card catalogues. What? Yeas, explain them and say when we would be given an assignment we would go to the library, dig through the card catalogue to get books that cover the subject and take them home to read. "What if the book didn't have the information you were looking for?" That's exactly my point. You would grab 3-4 books a week, read them all, and even if they didn't contain what you needed for the assignment, you remembered the information in case another assignment came along to which it may apply. That is where the knowledge about many subjects came.

Meanwhile, they were racking up student loans, barely able to manage part-time work and get a B average while I was skating through classes, doing what I felt was the bare minimum while working full-time at night driving a 30-ton wrecker, managing my cargo expediting business in El Paso, and trying to be a good father for the newborn at home. Sometimes they wouldn't believe that I was moonlighting until they illegally parked at the club and I would show up at midnight with a rollback to do a private party impound, then when the bar closed I would meet them at the yard to take their parent's money (cash only, no CC to dispute) to get their car/truck back at 3 am.

Speaking of bare-minimum... One time I took an online stats class. It was self-paced, but all your work had to be completed by a set date. 4 days prior to the date, I realized I hadn't even opened that book (I was taking 19 semester hours at the time), so I reserved the next 2 days for it, plowed through a semester of applied statistics in 2 days, submitted all my work, and still got an A in a course that had a high failure/drop rate.

So, yeah... kids these days are paying a lot of money for a substandard education while being indoctrinated at every turn.

Another offroad forum I'm on is made up of more "normal" people than irate on the financial literacy spectrum and it was was hilarious to watch people blow their load over house and Tacoma truck values. They were selling their houses and trucks for an insane "profit" then like clockwork a few months later they were bitching because house prices went up and they couldn't find a house or truck anywhere to replace the one they sold and what they could find was often a downgrade. Idiots.
fuck all that nonsense.

I sold and downgraded my truck doing the same thing, with the way prices went I was still able to get more for my high prices which well offset my extra cost for my downgraded.

Now, i've gone from a Toyota family to a Ford family over the past few years, so the downgrade is visible for everybody to see, but meh :flipoff2: keeps the bills paid.

I always plan to downgrade though.

Not at all.

I went back to school later in life, graduated college in 2019. I skated through the classes and got a 3.78 GPA. When I would write a paper my freshman year, there was "extra credit" if you took your paper to the "writing center" to have a work-study student (usually an English or Lit major) read your paper and give you some things to correct, like formatting, grammar, citations, etc. When I would show up, invariably the kid reading it would ask "Where did you learn to write like that?" I told them that 25 years prior, this was required to graduate high school.

Another anecdote; I would comment on classroom discussions and some of the kids would ask how I knew so much about so many different things. I told them about card catalogues. What? Yeas, explain them and say when we would be given an assignment we would go to the library, dig through the card catalogue to get books that cover the subject and take them home to read. "What if the book didn't have the information you were looking for?" That's exactly my point. You would grab 3-4 books a week, read them all, and even if they didn't contain what you needed for the assignment, you remembered the information in case another assignment came along to which it may apply. That is where the knowledge about many subjects came.

Meanwhile, they were racking up student loans, barely able to manage part-time work and get a B average while I was skating through classes, doing what I felt was the bare minimum while working full-time at night driving a 30-ton wrecker, managing my cargo expediting business in El Paso, and trying to be a good father for the newborn at home. Sometimes they wouldn't believe that I was moonlighting until they illegally parked at the club and I would show up at midnight with a rollback to do a private party impound, then when the bar closed I would meet them at the yard to take their parent's money (cash only, no CC to dispute) to get their car/truck back at 3 am.

Speaking of bare-minimum... One time I took an online stats class. It was self-paced, but all your work had to be completed by a set date. 4 days prior to the date, I realized I hadn't even opened that book (I was taking 19 semester hours at the time), so I reserved the next 2 days for it, plowed through a semester of applied statistics in 2 days, submitted all my work, and still got an A in a course that had a high failure/drop rate.

So, yeah... kids these days are paying a lot of money for a substandard education while being indoctrinated at every turn.
See? there's your problem.

What did or does that 3.78 GPA get you, right now. Yesterday or tomorrow? Instead of wasting all that extra time, you could easily have graduated with a 2.0-3.5 anywhere in that range and been JUST as good.

I'm not saying the work is hard or easy, but you just didn't have to do it all :flipoff2: that's the problem with kids these days, the work isn't hard but I've intentionally taken zero or near zero on assignments simply because they wouldn't impact my grade enough to matter, and my GPA doesn't matter at all, provided it is above 2.0 for transfer reasons.

fuck all that nonsense.

I sold and downgraded my truck doing the same thing, with the way prices went I was still able to get more for my high prices which well offset my extra cost for my downgraded.

Now, i've gone from a Toyota family to a Ford family over the past few years, so the downgrade is visible for everybody to see, but meh :flipoff2: keeps the bills paid.

I always plan to downgrade though.
That's because you are smart, those tards were looking to upgrade.

Full confession I did upgrade my house majorly during the pandemic, but I also relocated for a job and my wife and I agreed that if we are living through the collapse of America, we are doing it in a nice ass house :laughing:

Last edited:
What did or does that 3.78 GPA get you, right now. Yesterday or tomorrow? Instead of wasting all that extra time, you could easily have graduated with a 2.0-3.5 anywhere in that range and been JUST as good.
It gets me constant emails every semester from my alma mater about applying for grad school, MCAT waived. I have little interest in going for an MBA or a Master's in Economics, and I don't live within a reasonable distance of an ABA-Approved program to take the LSATs and earn a JD, so I bide my time without... and make a damn good living with the degree.:smokin:

It gets me constant emails every semester from my alma mater about applying for grad school, MCAT waived. I have little interest in going for an MBA or a Master's in Economics, and I don't live within a reasonable distance of an ABA-Approved program to take the LSATs and earn a JD, so I bide my time without... and make a damn good living with the degree.:smokin:
awesome, I hope my lower GPA will result in less junk mail then :flipoff2:

Well the .gov has everyone working from home 12 days a pay period. So they’re blaming themselves?

Top Back Refresh