What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

Just a gut feeling but I have heard comments from others that think fuel prices are gonna jump after the Mid Terms. :frown:

sooner or later joe-tato is gonna run out of reserves to sell/release to help keep supply up and prices down.
only if the GOP take the chambers.
if they don't, nationalizing energy will be on the table...

Good that you noticed... any time diesel and gas get more than 10% apart it is time to take a closer look. Usually its market manipulation, in this case, lowering gas prices before an election. If diesel tracked the same, it would be different.

Remember when gas was more expensive than diesel? Pepperidge Farm remembers. :flipoff2: That's because politicians realized they could raise diesel taxes willy-nilly and have minimal effects on their reelection as they can blame corporate greed for price increases (even though the transportation cost increase was the real reason) and not change the price at the pump for 90% of consumers.
that was before diesel became a designer fuel.

people are stupid. banks arent lending money out of the kindness of their hearts, they are there to make money so if it seems good to be true, there is something lurking that is going to eat you.

i dont think prices will drop much more than 20% and the interest rate nonsense will eat up any reduction in cost.
A 50% price drop might bring things back to pre-Covid levels. 20% won’t even be a concern. More of a talking point starting with ‘man in 2020 my house was worth….

A 50% price drop might bring things back to pre-Covid levels. 20% won’t even be a concern. More of a talking point starting with ‘man in 2020 my house was worth….

ive said it before, your personal residences has no value until you sell it, but then you need somewhere else to live so the appreciate gets consumed by the next one.. its worth is a relative number that unless you make a drastic life change is not going to make you rich. a personal residence gives you a fixed cost of living, nothing more nothing less.

ive said it before, your personal residences has no value until you sell it, but then you need somewhere else to live so the appreciate gets consumed by the next one.. its worth is a relative number that unless you make a drastic life change is not going to make you rich. a personal residence gives you a fixed cost of living, nothing more nothing less.
:beer:

I never understood people obsessing over the value of their house, outside of drastic demographic and area changes, unless you are prepping to sell it. The value lies in it's a place for me to live, not a short term price drop over the length of ownership. Added bonus is if the price drops your taxes COULD (:lmao:) go down

:beer:

I never understood people obsessing over the value of their house, outside of drastic demographic and area changes, that is unless you are prepping to sell it. The value lies in it's a place for me to live, not a short term price drop over the length of ownership. Added bonus is if the price drops your taxes COULD (:lmao:) go down

assessor stopped up a few weeks ago because I had to pull a building permit.
he asked what I thought the property was worth.

"as far as you're concerned, $20.00... max."

nice enough guy. he got it. and suggested that I protest any possible tax hike.

My county froze mine for this year and are proposing to lower them next year:flipoff2:

My county froze mine for this year and are proposing to lower them next year:flipoff2:

I hate you.:flipoff2:

mine went up over 30% two years ago. County says "but we actually reduced the rate... we are just more accurate now." Fuggers....

I have a gem waiting in my mailbox from the city building inspector... (USPS informed daily digest email)

I wonder what they might say (we pulled the permit for the sewer connection last week). 'Tis my patriotic duty as an American to fight any and all tax increases, whether by levy or valuation.:usa:

I have a gem waiting in my mailbox from the city building inspector... (USPS informed daily digest email)

I wonder what they might say (we pulled the permit for the sewer connection last week). 'Tis my patriotic duty as an American to fight any and all tax increases, whether by levy or valuation.:usa:
"it's patriotic to pay more taxes"... 44 or 46... can't remember which one said it during 44's term.

"it's patriotic to pay more taxes"... 44 or 46... can't remember which one said it during 44's term.
Our COO asked me this morning why I was picking on a local City Councilman. I was confused at first, but then everything suddenly came together.

I was wondering where he found my FB to send a friend request over the weekend (not gonna accept it:flipoff2:).

Basically, it was the publishing of a letter by several councilmen and other important folks in the community about voting yes for a HUGE increase in the school tax levy. We're talking a ten-fold increase here. Of course, they use the wording of "cuts may have to be made" if the levy weren't passed.

Uhh... what was the tax revenue collected by the school in 2018, 19, 20, 21, and projected for 2022? If 18 < 19 < 20 < 21 < 22 due to tax base increases, most notably an increase of over 20% valuation average this year, there cannot be the need for a "cut," merely the removal of spending they wish to increase. I even said I'd eat my words if I were wrong.

Unfortunately I failed to notice one of the signatories on the letter... our COO himself.:laughing: Oops.:homer:

Gas is back up to $3.99. Went grocery shopping, first time I've put my items back and walked out. Everything is up minimum 30 percent, some things have doubled in price. All since the senile fuckwit was installed as presidunce.

I have had at length discussions with my wife about this.

We bought our current home with 50% equity. Just a couple of years later out of nowhere we're at like 80%. This means NOTHING. "But we could sell and have this giant wad of cash to buy our 'dream house'".... you're not getting it... the magic 150k that fell out of the sky and landed on our house, also landed on everyone else's house. We're going to sell a 250k house for 400k... then go buy a 280k house for 450k. You're not mathing. Get out your fucking calculator.

The retarded value increase works fine when you've inherited a place to move to that you're going to remodel, or building a shop house out in the sticks and you're doing half the work, moving to off grid cabin, moving from SoCal to flyover country etc. If you're selling a normal house to buy a different normal house, it's zero help.

It took a few tries, but she finally got it.

:laughing:

Gas is back up to $3.99. Went grocery shopping, first time I've put my items back and walked out. Everything is up minimum 30 percent, some things have doubled in price. All since the senile fuckwit was installed as presidunce.

This has exploded in Biden's face, but he's by no means the only culprit.

It only works if you plan to cash out. Friend in Phoenix did it about 18 months ago.

We bought our current home with 50% equity. Just a couple of years later out of nowhere we're at like 80%. This means NOTHING. "But we could sell and have this giant wad of cash to buy our 'dream house'".... you're not getting it... the magic 150k that fell out of the sky and landed on our house, also landed on everyone else's house. We're going to sell a 250k house for 400k... then go buy a 280k house for 450k. You're not mathing. Get out your fucking calculator.

The retarded value increase works fine when you've inherited a place to move to that you're going to remodel, or building a shop house out in the sticks and you're doing half the work, moving to off grid cabin, moving from SoCal to flyover country etc. If you're selling a normal house to buy a different normal house, it's zero help.

It does work out if you are not looking to replace one house with another. Many people have multiple properties.

Yeah, I bought my Vegas house for $155k in 1998, and sold it in 2018 for $310. Yay, I doubled my money! Um not really, had to pay sales commission and 20 years of payments which just about worked out to a wash, so in addition to living rent free in some wife-beater's head, I lived rent free in my house. It certainly didn't make me rich, but was able to put the money into investments and it's liquid if I need it.

It does work out if you are not looking to replace one house with another. Many people have multiple properties.

I'm betting 'many' people dont. Then if you sell off, capital gains fucks you. So you're back in the same boat having to buy more property of equal value.

Higher property values only benefit the .gov and real estate agents... both parasites.

C'mon global depression!

I used to think that way but with the tripling quadrupling of interest we might have missed a once in a lifetime chance to move up.
There is downside, increased insurance, taxes and upkeep but the chart doesn't lie.
If we get to 10% interest and you are in a $500k house at 2% you are killing it.

Yea, I made that point. There's a few variations where it benefits the seller greatly. But most of the people are selling house A and buying house B, and the huge market jump does nothing for them other than raise their property tax and insurance.

I used to think that way but with the tripling quadrupling of interest we might have missed a once in a lifetime chance to move up.
There is downside, increased insurance, taxes and upkeep but the chart doesn't lie.
If we get to 10% interest and you are in a $500k house at 2% you are killing it.
Yea, suped up interest rates change alot of the narrative.

Costco still has $1.99 hotdogs!

On one of my routes I stop in at HEB to grab fuel and buy a hotdog, chips, and any size fountain drink for $1.99. They charged me for a large vs small drink @ $2.59 so I sent a dirty email claiming false advertising as the sign was still up.

Was $1.99 again today. Get off my lawn.

Top Back Refresh