What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

I want to see the interest rate go however high it has to cause serious financial hardship among the ivory tower assholes who took out an adjustable rate home equity loan on their million dollar piece of shit on 1/8 acre and used it to drive up the cost of everything. If home values tank that's just icing on the cake.
Maybe I sometimes think better of people than they deserve, but I cant imagine people are dumb enough to take out an ARM for a home purchase or any purchase after 2008.

It would be great if that was a stat that could be easily found and trusted.

on the plus side, a ton of pellets has dropped from $350 to $310 in the past ~3 weeks at HD in the Hartford area. Glad I waited

Maybe I sometimes think better of people than they deserve, but I cant imagine people are dumb enough to take out an ARM for a home purchase or any purchase after 2008.

Nobody takes out an ARM on the home itself. Loans that use home equity as the collateral are typically adjustable rate.

1664206185256.png

"It shows that adjustable-rate mortgages as a percentage of total loans are only 4.7%"

:flipoff2:

Last edited:
So what’s the Ibb crystal ball saying. $ 3.17 a gallon for off-road fuel next summer if I lock it in today.

So what’s the Ibb crystal ball saying. $ 3.17 a gallon for off-road fuel next summer if I lock it in today.
nothing to base it off of, but I have low faith it's any lower. There's a reason I'm spending a couple grand on pellet/wood stoves to heat the house the next couple years

What are the odds that the price decrease, if any, over Spring of 2023 will be equal to or greater than the price increase post-election?

I'd buy a good chunk of fuel at that price. 87 unleaded isn't even that low here.

What are the odds that the price decrease, if any, over Spring of 2023 will be equal to or greater than the price increase post-election?

I'd buy a good chunk of fuel at that price. 87 unleaded isn't even that low here.
I don’t know you. Please return your avatar back to where it belongs :lmao::flipoff2:

It seems to me when gas and diesel have a 20% price difference just months after the potato president just released the most fuel from the Strategic Oil Reserves since we began filling it, that it's a temporary deflated price and will go back up to meet the actual price as soon as demand builds back up to where it was before the dump. If I recall correctly in the past diesel has been within like 3-5% of gas prices.

It seems to me when gas and diesel have a 20% price difference just months after the potato president just released the most fuel from the Strategic Oil Reserves since we began filling it, that it's a temporary deflated price and will go back up to meet the actual price as soon as demand builds back up to where it was before the dump. If I recall correctly in the past diesel has been within like 3-5% of gas prices.
Read a report about a week ago that reserves are at their lowest point since 1985....so yeah, after Nov, expect it to climber higher and faster than it did when he took office.

Just a gut feeling but I have heard comments from others that think fuel prices are gonna jump after the Mid Terms. :frown:

sooner or later joe-tato is gonna run out of reserves to sell/release to help keep supply up and prices down.
Pretty much what I'm hearing in the balloon industry.

Good that you noticed... any time diesel and gas get more than 10% apart it is time to take a closer look. Usually its market manipulation, in this case, lowering gas prices before an election. If diesel tracked the same, it would be different.

Remember when gas was more expensive than diesel? Pepperidge Farm remembers. :flipoff2: That's because politicians realized they could raise diesel taxes willy-nilly and have minimal effects on their reelection as they can blame corporate greed for price increases (even though the transportation cost increase was the real reason) and not change the price at the pump for 90% of consumers.

Holy shit!

wife and i have been kicking around the idea of upgrading our house (~30%) in value of what we have, but thats 5 points higher than we are at now, toss in taxes and there is no way i can justify that move. especially since prices are still up there around here.

wife and i have been kicking around the idea of upgrading our house (~30%) in value of what we have, but thats 5 points higher than we are at now, toss in taxes and there is no way i can justify that move. especially since prices are still up there around here.
I heard this comparison last week.
1664221343770.png

Reduced buying power is real. Houses that were gone in hours or days are sitting for weeks. Anything high end unless perfect is sitting or giving buyers large concessions.

FB_IMG_1664222741912.jpg

I welcome it though, should slow things down and allow me to pick up some more rentals for a sane amounts.

that is gonna hurt the home prices me thinks.. :eek:
it might lower prices, but it won’t put any more on the market. It just attracts more buyers. People with $30-50k for a down payment are waiting for prices to come down so they can avoid PMI. It’s been all over other forums where people are looking for prices to drop because they now have a better down payment.

The people who had to pay $40k over asking last year were just paying all that up front, now it's asking price at the higher rate.

Crazy how addicted to 0% interest rates the US became since 2008.

people are stupid. banks arent lending money out of the kindness of their hearts, they are there to make money so if it seems good to be true, there is something lurking that is going to eat you.

it might lower prices, but it won’t put any more on the market. It just attracts more buyers. People with $30-50k for a down payment are waiting for prices to come down so they can avoid PMI. It’s been all over other forums where people are looking for prices to drop because they now have a better down payment.

i dont think prices will drop much more than 20% and the interest rate nonsense will eat up any reduction in cost.

Top Back Refresh