What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

Hit up Wendy's yesterday for a spicy chicken meal with a medium drink. $13 WTF.
Meanwhile, I got a Southwestern Avocado Whopper Jr, small fry, 4-piece nugget, small drink, and 8-piece jalapeno cheddar bites from BK for $6.99 + tax. :flipoff2:

Forget the regular "value" meals, as they have no actual value pricing anymore. Always look for the current special, its usually a loss leader. The above meal, minus the jalapeno cheddar bites, is the $5 your way meal. I wouldn't get that burger by choice, but for a $5 meal, I'll tear it up.

yea my five burgers and five fries is no longer ~$10. :homer:
The local BK sends coupons in the mail... Used to have a family deal (3 whoppers, 3 cheeseburgers, 3 fries, and 3 drinks) for $10.99... then 12.99... this month has the coupon at $14.99. Still a decent deal, but I prefer $11 to $15. Arby's had a family deal coupon for $12.99, used to be 3 beef or beef n cheddars, 4 sliders, poppers or mozz stix, 4 fries... now its 3 beef or beef n cheddars, 4 sliders, and 4 fries.

The local BK sends coupons in the mail... Used to have a family deal (3 whoppers, 3 cheeseburgers, 3 fries, and 3 drinks) for $10.99... then 12.99... this month has the coupon at $14.99. Still a decent deal, but I prefer $11 to $15. Arby's had a family deal coupon for $12.99, used to be 3 beef or beef n cheddars, 4 sliders, poppers or mozz stix, 4 fries... now its 3 beef or beef n cheddars, 4 sliders, and 4 fries.

I can cook a steak and potato at home for the cost of a shitty fast food meal anymore. No way is a big mac and fries worth $11

I can cook a steak and potato at home for the cost of a shitty fast food meal anymore. No way is a big mac and fries worth $11
pretty much. I'll eat Wendy's maybe once a month, hell not even that, when I'm out of town.

Part of my role involves taking new hires to lunch for a meal expensed to the company. They get to pick... sometimes we eat good stuff like the local Mexican joint or the Chinese buffet, other times they want BK or Hardee's. I am definitely in-tune with the pricing at all these joints, as I see the changes weekly.

I really like the express lunch menu at the local Mexican joint, as I can get 2 chimis, beans, rice, chips, salsa, and guac salad for $11.

Yeah, Goddamn them for wanting to provide housing and make a profit while doing it.

I remember Silver Zuks stories about his rental bldg. Problem with low income of Section 8 is that the tenants are arre dope heads and they cause all manner of problems for the landlord and other tenants. It cost me $20k to rehab my house after I kicked the stupid twat out. She was the daughter of the people down the street and we were from the same home town, but she lived like a pig. No cleaning the carpets even after dog piss & vomit, no call from her to tell me there was a pin hole leak in wall, and had made quite the black mold farm. Stupid twat, you're not getting your security deposit back, go live with your parents. :flipoff:
Yah, crap like that makes it a gamble... :mad3:

Went to Sam's a few days ago to pick up some chicken, burger and a roast.

Member's Mark brand boneless skinless chicken breast was $18 for 10# earlier this year. it's up to $30 for 10# now.

There is a Tyson plant about an hour away and they have signs up for help wanted and starting wages of $15-17. mid 20s for skilled help. Those $15-17 and hour jobs were $9 jobs a couple years ago. As costs go up so do prices. it is what it is.

Went to Sam's a few days ago to pick up some chicken, burger and a roast.

Member's Mark brand boneless skinless chicken breast was $18 for 10# earlier this year. it's up to $30 for 10# now.

There is a Tyson plant about an hour away and they have signs up for help wanted and starting wages of $15-17. mid 20s for skilled help. Those $15-17 and hour jobs were $9 jobs a couple years ago. As costs go up so do prices. it is what it is.

Where did those cries for a $15/hr minimum wage go? Oh yes, eaten by inflation.

200.gif

when the hell did spray paint get to $7-10 a can?? Even the cheap walmart / HD no-name shit is $2.50 now, last time I bought some it was still $1

when the hell did spray paint get to $7-10 a can?? Even the cheap walmart / HD no-name shit is $2.50 now, last time I bought some it was still $1
Get what you need while you can, I read someplace that those prices will climb / shortages incoming.

I buy stuff for work projects, seems shelves are bare when I am after safety red/yellow majority of time. Why I tend to buy them out when I find it in stock at HD. Think its over $50/gal at present.

A stick of 4" schedule 40 PVC at Lowe's has gone up almost 3 more dollars since I splurged on 7 sticks of it a little over a month ago to replace all my cast iron. I feel like I got it at a deal at $39 something a stick. Shit is showing $42.71 today. I felt so raped I re-directed a security camera to devote on it until I use it all.

I wonder what price I get back if I end out with an extra stick? Do I make $3? I can't remember exactly what it was 2 years ago but guessing in the $15-$20 range.

^^I just ordered a 6 pack of semi-gloss Rustoleum 2x for $4/can off Walmart. $3/can cheaper than Lowes/HD, figure they're going to jump up to match soon. I don't use that much spray paint to stock up much more than that

Brush on Rustoleum also up I want to say 50%. Regretting passing up a $9 gallon of black last year at Walmart closeout, I didn't have a need at that time

clearly more of my ugly shit is gonna stay ugly :laughing:

yea the stuff I ordered for the exhaust on the Harley (high heat) wasn't cheap. $20 for a can.

yea the stuff I ordered for the exhaust on the Harley (high heat) wasn't cheap. $20 for a can.
fancy high-heat or Rustoleum high-heat? I know the fancy shit was always up there $$, but the normal brand high-heats were only a couple bucks more than standard

about to pick up a rusty trailer that needs paint bad. I think that's gonna get the 15+ year old car paint Dad bought for his Scout and never used sprayed out of a shitty gun, should be cheaper and faster than anything else I've got

fancy high-heat or Rustoleum high-heat? I know the fancy shit was always up there $$, but the normal brand high-heats were only a couple bucks more than standard
s-l1600.jpg

buddy just filled up his oil tank, ~$4.60 for heating oil in NH along the southern border area.

oil place I drive by on my way home got tired of changing the sign and just says "call". I'm gambling it goes down some more before winter, not filling up yet

buddy just filled up his oil tank, ~$4.60 for heating oil in NH along the southern border area.

oil place I drive by on my way home got tired of changing the sign and just says "call". I'm gambling it goes down some more before winter, not filling up yet
My coworker [aid $6.19 for oil about a month ago. :eek:

Fucking carb kits.

Holley single 1920 one barrels $35-50. Wtf

Top Back Refresh