What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

I haven't eaten steak in I don't know how long. lol
We eat a lot of pork and chicken. Even chicken breast is almost $3 a pound now at Sam's. 90/10 burger is $4, Pork loins are $2/lb roughly.

Just went yesterday. Ground was $4.49 and whole chicken breast was $2.49. Easily double from 2 years ago. Prime brisket is $4.49...

The biggest wtf is pork ribs. $4.49/lb, it was regularly on sale for 99 cents. Yet an entire pork loin has been a consistent $1.99.

Nothing makes sense.

Just went yesterday. Ground was $4.49 and whole chicken breast was $2.49. Easily double from 2 years ago. Prime brisket is $4.49...

The biggest wtf is pork ribs. $4.49/lb, it was regularly on sale for 99 cents. Yet an entire pork loin has been a consistent $1.99.

Nothing makes sense.
I bought spare ribs at Aldi for 2.49 Sunday.

If it costs me more than $5/lb, I skip it. :laughing:

i'd expect more guys on here to do this than it seems. My grocery bill for the wife and I is probably averaging $75/wk. Every time I hit a supermarket I walk the meat dept for clearance/super sale deals and they get stocked away, very very rarely pay full price. Treat most things the same - i'll stock up and leave it in the pantry. Latest was ground beef for $1.70/lb, 0.50 pasta, etc.

kids change it for sure, they add a whole other level. but $30 for 2 steaks ain't worth it to me at all we'll eat pork

I haven't eaten steak in I don't know how long. lol
We eat a lot of pork and chicken. Even chicken breast is almost $3 a pound now at Sam's. 90/10 burger is $4, Pork loins are $2/lb roughly.
I buy chuck roast on sale or as part of a 1/4 cow. I then cut it down into 1" think steaks and marinate them, can hardly tell its not sirloin anymore. Chuck roast is only about $6.50/lb these days... waaaaaaay better than sirloin at $13 or so.

But you can't put a price on protecting freedom and democracy in Ukraine, so all that you loss, should be offset by that good feeling down in your soul, knowing that you are sacrificing for people you will never meet.:usa:
Yes! And also, we are making earth's environment cleaner by buying nasty stuff from other countries. I know that deep down, our dependence on oil is destroying this planet. Getting crude from anywhere but the US is the only way to combat climate change!

my buy-it price is usually <$2.50/lb :homer: Treat myself every now and then, mainly only for short rib or oxtail
yea, I extend that to better cuts of meat that usually go for $12/lb. I'm typically under $3/lb.

my buy-it price is usually <$2.50/lb :homer: Treat myself every now and then, mainly only for short rib or oxtail
Screw that, we eat good. :flipoff2:

I may bitch about food costs, but we still eat like rich folks. If im in the mood for steak then we're grilling steaks this weekend. I'll neglect kids, let vehicles fall into disrepair, cancel the innernet/TV... but im not putting a budget on calories. My son may not get anything more than an asswhiping for his birthday, but he'll get over it once he gets a wiff of them premium organic cage free chicken strips.

I may bitch about food costs, but we still eat like rich folks. If im in the mood for steak then we're grilling steaks this weekend. I'll neglect kids, let vehicles fall into disrepair, cancel the innernet/TV... but im not putting a budget on calories. My son may not get anything more than an asswhiping for his birthday, but he'll get over it once he gets a wiff of them premium organic cage free chicken strips.
Saturday nights are steak and bean nights. a three generation tradition. :dustin:

UPS delivery fees are through the roof, what is a guy to do? I guess somebody's gotta keep him in groceries.:eek:
thanks unkle joetatoe

Yes! And also, we are making earth's environment cleaner by buying nasty stuff from other countries. I know that deep down, our dependence on oil is destroying this planet. Getting crude from anywhere but the US is the only way to combat climate change!
And you being forced into an EV will have a far greater impact on cleaning up the earth and offset the squadrons of attack helicopters and hoards of tanks defending that democracy on a daily basis!!

I know right? I read about irates on here spending $75 a month feeding a family of 5 on here, and reflecting back on how my wife and I haven't had a weekly grocery trip under $150 since, well forever.

Fuck it we are eating good no matter what. If I'm living through the collapse of late stage capitalism, we are going to eat well with the AC set to damn 70.

i dont tell the wife to make the budget go farther, i just ask if she needs more. then i go and freelance for an ungodly amount money for steaks
FDB29E09-E1B0-4A8E-82D5-953D34F91136.jpeg
F10A375F-77BE-4CA7-ACC5-039FF35EECA6.jpeg

I know right? I read about irates on here spending $75 a month feeding a family of 5 on here, and reflecting back on how my wife and I haven't had a weekly grocery trip under $150 since, well forever.

Fuck it we are eating good no matter what. If I'm living through the collapse of late stage capitalism, we are going to eat well with the AC set to damn 70.
100%.

Im fairly certain we're gonna be eating nutrea rat chili cooked over a bamboo fire sometime this decade. So for the time being, get out the meat grinder, ive got a prime rib and we're going to grill burgers out of it.

:beer:

I’m a god damn heathen to you guys. Last night the wife wasn’t feeling too good I wasn’t all that hungry so I just cooked up a instant pot full of white rice. Me and the kids at the whole pot. Plain white rice a little butter and some soy sauce nothing else:lmao::homer:

There is a local machine shop by me that builds soybean presses to make bio diesel.
I should see what they entail.

I looked into growing stuff for bio diesel production a while ago. Per acre nothing even comes close to algae as a top oil source. you have to dry the algae and then press it. I bought a starter batch of this stuff but I killed it before it got established and never tried again.

Last edited:

Who in the hell is feeding even himself for 75 bucks! We don’t live high on the hog, but I tell the wife if it looks good buy it. We aren’t getting any younger and just as well go out well fed!😎

Who in the hell is feeding even himself for 75 bucks! We don’t live high on the hog, but I tell the wife if it looks good buy it. We aren’t getting any younger and just as well go out well fed!😎
Some hyperbole there, but I'm not far off if you sift through some of the posts on here and in other threads....

our monthly budget for food is $600 for a family 5. very little comes from a box, can or is frozen. 6 nights a week is meat and veggies.
I’m a god damn heathen to you guys. Last night the wife wasn’t feeling too good I wasn’t all that hungry so I just cooked up a instant pot full of white rice. Me and the kids at the whole pot. Plain white rice a little butter and some soy sauce nothing else:lmao::homer:

simple is where its at, but i need meat at dinner time.

we used to eat chicken, peas, corn and rice once a week for the longest time.

Are your eyes permanently squinty?

100%.

Im fairly certain we're gonna be eating nutrea rat chili cooked over a bamboo fire sometime this decade. So for the time being, get out the meat grinder, ive got a prime rib and we're going to grill burgers out of it.

:beer:
For the record, I'd eat nutria rat chili right now. I don't care if it's cooked over bamboo or not.

Last night's dinner... Uhh.

Let me backtrack.

On Friday, I made burritos. I used a pound of ground pork (it was cheap and in my freezer :flipoff2: ) and an old, expired pack of McCormick Burrito seasoning. It was so old, my wife had it in her pantry when we met.:lmao: I diced up a small onion (50 cents or so) and had some shredded sharp cheddar I got on sale along with dicing up a couple leaves off a head of lettuce. $1 in tortillas later, and family dinner was served for under $5.

Anyway, last night was time to use that leftover pork so it wouldn't change its mind on being edible in the coming days. I took some leftover Hawaiian rolls, cut them open, and toasted them up. Burrito meat in the microwave. leftover meat on the leftover rolls, sprinkle some leftover cheese and leftover diced onion for texture and flavor. Essentially a free dinner, bishes!

Tonight? Chicken Tacos. More of the tortillas from the pack ($1). more leftover cheese ($1). More leftover lettuce ($0.10). Some seasonings from the cupboard ($0.10). And 14 oz of clearance chicken breasts from the freezer ($1.77). $3 dinner, anyone?
i dont tell the wife to make the budget go farther, i just ask if she needs more. then i go and freelance for an ungodly amount money for steaks
FDB29E09-E1B0-4A8E-82D5-953D34F91136.jpeg
F10A375F-77BE-4CA7-ACC5-039FF35EECA6.jpeg
I always wanted to try a tomahawk, but could never pull the trigger because of the price. I mean, look at the total for 3 family dinners I made in the last few days (under $10 total).:laughing:

Last night's dinner... Uhh.

Let me backtrack.

On Friday, I made burritos. I used a pound of ground pork (it was cheap and in my freezer :flipoff2: ) and an old, expired pack of McCormick Burrito seasoning. It was so old, my wife had it in her pantry when we met.:lmao: I diced up a small onion (50 cents or so) and had some shredded sharp cheddar I got on sale along with dicing up a couple leaves off a head of lettuce. $1 in tortillas later, and family dinner was served for under $5.

Anyway, last night was time to use that leftover pork so it wouldn't change its mind on being edible in the coming days. I took some leftover Hawaiian rolls, cut them open, and toasted them up. Burrito meat in the microwave. leftover meat on the leftover rolls, sprinkle some leftover cheese and leftover diced onion for texture and flavor. Essentially a free dinner, bishes!

Tonight? Chicken Tacos. More of the tortillas from the pack ($1). more leftover cheese ($1). More leftover lettuce ($0.10). Some seasonings from the cupboard ($0.10). And 14 oz of clearance chicken breasts from the freezer ($1.77). $3 dinner, anyone?

I always wanted to try a tomahawk, but could never pull the trigger because of the price. I mean, look at the total for 3 family dinners I made in the last few days (under $10 total).:laughing:
Its just a thick cut ribeye with the bone attached. They're a novelty imo. I mean they're good dont get me wrong, but they're good because they're a ribeye:laughing:

Wife and I are at about $250 week for food. No going out and few "luxury" food items.

I've gotten my mind stuck on daily income requirements to exist. $45 a day property tax liability, $36 a day food, variables like fuel, power, insurance, registrations, etc. Paid for with what the gov let's us keep. Makes me fucking sick and I can't relax. It's like a clock ticking and I'm trying to beat it every day.
you're learning
now cut down your earnings

Top Back Refresh