What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

20220714_193500.jpg

20220714_193523.jpg
20220714_193545.jpg
20220714_193434.jpg

Here's some of it, common getcha fix.
i prolly could come, i’m down in upstate south carolina.

I can't help but think of the kid wearing the coonskin hat in Back to the Future- wow, you must be rich

fun fact those cubicle panels are always free
and they got some rigid fiberglass insulation in them that's usually pretty expensive

it's good shit for hanging up in the roof of pole barns because it is rigid
Darn, just dumped a pile of those last year at work, could have done the roof in the shop with them...

Aaron Z

They're not new steel drop pieces, but I can get good used steel for $0.25 a lb here. Of course they don't have every profile and size, but I can usually find something that will work there.

The squeeze is on :smokin:

In June, approximately 14.9% or 60,000 home purchases under contract were canceled, according to a recent Redfin report, while 7% of homes for sale had a price drop, a high for records dating back to 2015, according to a separate Redfin report.

The areas that saw the biggest run-up in housing prices due to the pandemic migration patterns may experience the largest price drops

The squeeze is on :smokin:

It’s been on ever since interest rates headed towards the normal 5%. Sellers were hoping buyers would still want to buy inflated priced homes, and they’re about two years late.

I bet people are just tripping over themselves to get into these jobs:

Local Home Depot. Gas at present is still around $5/gal or more.

Attachments

• A488C2BF-AD31-4918-9CE7-D9DA4C7DBC3D.jpeg
    A488C2BF-AD31-4918-9CE7-D9DA4C7DBC3D.jpeg
    665.2 KB · Views: 41

local grocery store chain has signs and whatnot all around for hiring.

$12/hr. No matter the experience. I asked about some part time after hours stuff. inventory and office work. $12/hr. I explained to them I'm college educated and have 15+ years experience and all. Nope, $12/hr.

local grocery store chain has signs and whatnot all around for hiring.

$12/hr. No matter the experience. I asked about some part time after hours stuff. inventory and office work. $12/hr. I explained to them I'm college educated and have 15+ years experience and all. Nope, $12/hr.
in their defense why would it matter if you have a college degree if you are only stocking shelves or more inventory around in the back?

in their defense why would it matter if you have a college degree if you are only stocking shelves or more inventory around in the back?
I inquired on payroll and other managerial duties. not stocking shelves and basics. should have clarified that.

Our local school hired summer cleaning help for $11/hr, adults not kids. A kid I interviewed last week that's been working for a competitor for almost a year got all excited when I told him he'd be making close to $20/hr and he said "that's a hell of a lot more than I make now". There's still people out there working for shit wages, and I just don't understand why.

Our local school hired summer cleaning help for $11/hr, adults not kids. A kid I interviewed last week that's been working for a competitor for almost a year got all excited when I told him he'd be making close to $20/hr and he said "that's a hell of a lot more than I make now". There's still people out there working for shit wages, and I just don't understand why.

sometimes its the devil you know, versus the one you dont.

Meanwhile, we haven't gotten a single call for our Facilities and Shop Assistant position. No experience required, HS Diploma preferred, not required. Only requirement is 18+ years old with a valid driver's license. Starting pay $16/hr. Full benefits. 401(k) plus match. Safety Bonus of $100/mo every month he doesn't fawk something (or himself) up. Over $34k to start.

The current guy is retiring in 11 days. They'll be hurting once he's gone, as the mechanics will have to cover down on all his duties. Fueling trailers, washing out trailers, detailing trucks for new drivers, grading the gravel lot, mowing the grass, filling the vending machines, cleaning the driver's lounge, and anything else they can think for him to do.

It's too hard to define "shit wages" as it's a location specific thing. $50k in So-Cal is poverty level, $50k in small town south is solid middle class.

$20 an hour is okay money or absolute shit depending on where you're at.

It's too hard to define "shit wages" as it's a location specific thing. $50k in So-Cal is poverty level, $50k in small town south is solid middle class.

$20 an hour is okay money or absolute shit depending on where you're at.
Indeed.

$20/hr is good, solid middle-class territory here. Our line-haul shuttle drivers make $21.40, and positions rarely open up (the current opening is due to a driver being terminated, so another driver slid from his shift to the freshly-available M-F day shift). Our spotters make $20. Mechanics $18. The average wage here is $18.28... and anybody who has any kind of drive or desire to work can attain that (and higher).

Compare that to a big city, however, and they would be poverty wages.

Top Back Refresh