What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

Grumpy and Rockota are busy drinking and exchanging tinfoil hats this morning.
I could use a drink, actually.
Yes, taxation has always existed in some form - I should have chosen a better phrase.

The way I read it, I was still on compulsory.

my mistake.
Volunteer donation of time works fine for small communities. Really falls apart on larger scale. The conversion to financial contribution, taxation, is one of the best examples of government growth. We now pay taxes agreed to by previous generations, for things we have no idea of, and simply send it in to avoid possible smacking from the same government. I dont have an issue with paying taxes as a concept, I have a problem with how the money is spent and lack of transparency. Unfortunately, more people in the U.S. sit on the other side of the argument and would rather blindly pay so others solve problems rather than getting involved themselves. I would MUCH rather donate my time rather than my money, but right now, I can only donate both.

Grumpy and Rockota are busy drinking and exchanging tinfoil hats this morning.
FIRST, Tin foil hats are a construct of the government to better monitor.

The CIA planted the idea that it would protect brain waves and then carefully constructed the implementation by planting the idea among the people who were starting to get on to the truth. The CIA or it's secrete, more covert, domestic counterpart needed a better / improved means to monitor their thoughts and get better brain wave reception.
You ever had a TV with rabbit ears? You put tin foil on to increase the antenna effectiveness, not block it out. You want to avoid mind control, you have to construct a faraday cage hat. (but with technology advancement in Internet monitoring and even the faraday cage hat has become obsolete)

SECOND, I didn't write it, I am just pointing out what it says. I didn't get into shit about the ethicacy of slavery, That's a different debate. I'm just saying what it is. And that's what it is.

Last edited:
4gu0tz.png

so is concrete materials really that hard to come by or is it a case let's keep raising the price 'til demand drops off enough we have to back off?

Just seeing what the market will bear?

so is concrete materials really that hard to come by or is it a case let's keep raising the price 'til demand drops off enough we have to back off?

Just seeing what the market will bear?
concrete has the lowest profit margin of any construction material by far. It takes a ton of energy to make the concrete in the form of the Portland and gravel. I’m sure they are raising their price so they can make enough money to pay bill to make sure they are around next year.

We mostly buy concrete and some masonry as a GC, occasionally FRP, Drywall, insulation etc, but everything else is usually turnkey thats not a specialty item. So we are mostly getting letters from concrete & masonry supply companies. Concrete is a pain in the ass to schedule for small jobs like we do, 1-2 weeks out, sometimes more depending on the location.

2020-current: 14.5% inflation

It's wild to think if you hadn't had a raise in those two years time and they throw like $5/hr more at you tomorrow, it's not even really a raise.

Fun with numbers here:

Last edited:
bought car tire this month last year $80.36 each last week $110.56 each same tire ,same size ,same dealer

bought car tire this month last year $80.36 each last week $110.56 each same tire ,same size ,same dealer

Biden, through executive action threats on twitter, lowered fuel prices for the past 30 days from $5 to $4.70.

You must be buying russian tyres.

Fuckers are missing a 0 there right after 9.

Whatever those thieving bastards say multiply by 10. Should be in a ballpark.
No shit. My fuel bill has more than doubled in less than a year. It’s convenient they leave out fuel to do the inflation calculation.

Diesel is the lifeblood of this country. When it doubles everything else has to go up to cover it.

We printed way too much money in the last 2 years for inflation not to occur.

One easy thing to do to help temper inflation is to resume college debt payments. It’s a good way to take a bunch of money out of the system that is hurting the good shortage problem.

Last edited:
No shit. My fuel bill has more than doubled in less than a year. It’s convenient they leave out fuel to do the inflation calculation.

Diesel is the lifeblood of this country. When it doubles everything else has to go up to cover it.

We printed way too much money in the last 2 years for inflation not to occur.

One easy thing to do to help temper inflation is to resume college debt payments. It’s a good way to take a bunch of money out of the system that is hurting the hood shortage problem.
"I'm tired of people saying government spending causes inflation!!!" - some old guy

The price of fuel "dropping" is just the calm before the storm imo

When (not if) Europe gets shut out of Russias fuel, its gonna get real, real quick. This fall /winter is gonna be interesting.

as a small GC, Im still seeing a consistent 34-36% increase in jobs I'm pricing right now vs the same/similar prototype/site pre flu bs.

Olive Garden with average site pkg :
pre-flu. 1.8mil
Recent 2.8mil
:barf:

Top Back Refresh