What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

Just got back from a quick grocery store trip.

$5.77/lb. USDA Ribeye, and $5.77 each lobster tails.

Grabbed two packs (limit) each :smokin:

But yeah, the rest of everything else is getting up there. Don't normally buy chips but killer coupon got me to (party size bag Doritos for $1.67). Regular sized bag of chips is averaging $5...ouch.

Best part, all the above was before 10% off discount (Unversity Employee/Student ID) and 10% cash back (Moocho App) :smokin:

Yep, when they were $2/2 it was a deal.
Why not the dollar double cheeseburger?
Didn't used to be no mcdouble.

Now I go on down to the a&w instead for the same price. Way better fries, way better burgers (they'll do fried onions if you ask!), though I always end up getting their sugar water where I generally wouldn't with the mcdonalds.

Can't get shit for $1 at McDonalds anymore but soda.

I don't like having apps on my phone, but I keep the McDonald's one because it's like 1/2 or more off vs ordering in a store. Only paid like $4 with tax for a chicken sandwich, large fry, and large coke last time I went. Same combo was $9 or so at the drive through.

It's not a dollar anymore. It's close to the mcdouble price.

Now I go on down to the a&w instead for the same price. Way better fries, way better burgers (they'll do fried onions if you ask!), though I always end up getting their sugar water where I generally wouldn't with the mcdonalds.
You're lucky you have the option. All the A&W around here have long since closed. They had pretty good stuff for the price.

I don't like having apps on my phone, but I keep the McDonald's one because it's like 1/2 or more off vs ordering in a store. Only paid like $4 with tax for a chicken sandwich, large fry, and large coke last time I went. Same combo was $9 or so at the drive through.

Yup. This is the way. They're giving discounts because they're trying to promote the apps because the in-store consoles were kind of a flop. IDK how long the low prices on the apps will last but probable not forever.

It's not a dollar anymore. It's close to the mcdouble price.
mcdouble ain't been a dollar for a while now, been several months since it was buy one at $2 get one for $1 or whatever the fucking confusing shit they came up with after taking it off the dollar menu

so I'm saying if you're pining for the past, may as well be going a couple years back

mcdouble ain't been a dollar for a while now, been several months since it was buy one at $2 get one for $1 or whatever the fucking confusing shit they came up with after taking it off the dollar menu

so I'm saying if you're pining for the past, may as well be going a couple years back
They had a 2/2 promotion for a long time during covid. McDouble by itself has been $2 or a little more for a long time. It's just recently over the last year or so that the cheeseburger and double chesseburger have moved a lot closer to McDouble pricing. You used to be able to get them for closer to a buck on the value menu.

Neither but they did deliver into the heart of the local offroad park right to my kids Birthday party which was cool. Tipped the guy $20 wich made the pizzas almost $50 each.

Ok if that was delivered to a campground/offroad park then it's not terrible.

A 50 lb bag of flower has almost tripled in price in 12-18 months.

What kind of flowers? Roses, carnations, petunias? :flipoff2:

I can't remember the last time I even ate out around here. Restaurant prices were already stupid here and now every asshole from Northern VA and the Northeast has moved here making it worse since no one's losing business jacking prices up. Nevermind the city's bullshit 7.5% meals tax on top of the regular sales tax. You're looking at an extra 32.8% on top of food for tax and tip here now. Can't eat anywhere in the city for under $30 a person anymore, it's fucking insane.

Only place I'll bother with now is this El Salvadorian place on the other side of town. Giant burrito with real steak, 2 papusas, and horchata is like $9 out the door still. I dunno how the hell they do it. Foods amazing though and not over run with hipster faggots because they're too afraid of that side of town.

Holy fucking hell! a 7.5% sales tax on restaurant food on top of the 8-10% sales sax I would assume? Who in their right mind would vote for something like that? :eek:

I am always pissed when travelling and booking VRBO or hotels and see the 15% +/- additional lodging tax. That shit is great for the locals. The tourists pay that and don't get a say in voting no. :mad3:

State sales tax is 5.3%, though Dems tried to push that to something like 8% when they had the governor's office.

Short answer is the Mayor pushed heavily for it. It's supposed to be solely allocated for the schools because they're all falling apart from decades of the same black church running Richmond into the group. Dipshit white liberals all blame the state for not allowing the city to annex land so they all voted for it. Restaurants were all opposed because no one from here can afford that shit. Tons of local restaurants died off and got replaced with typical investor bullshit.

Nevermind the schools are still a complete fucking joke as is the school board. Two schools have been shut down for mold, there's been multiple fires because the city just stopped doing any maintenance on the fire systems. School board held the budget up earlier this year trying to hold it hostage for raises. Favorite part of the school board is this **** Shonda Harris-Muhammed. She calls herself Doctor, so does the local news despite the fact that her college has come out publicly twice stating she doesn't have a doctorate from them. She's the hugest pain in the ass and holds up anything she can if she thinks it well net them more money by doing it.

This city would look like Baltimore or Detroit if it wasn't close enough to DC for a bunch of yuppie white liberals to move to and drive prices on everything through the roof.

At work we just paid $6000 for a thousand pounds of carbon .

Three years ago it was less than half that .

State sales tax is 5.3%, though Dems tried to push that to something like 8% when they had the governor's office.

Short answer is the Mayor pushed heavily for it. It's supposed to be solely allocated for the schools because they're all falling apart from decades of the same black church running Richmond into the group. Dipshit white liberals all blame the state for not allowing the city to annex land so they all voted for it. Restaurants were all opposed because no one from here can afford that shit. Tons of local restaurants died off and got replaced with typical investor bullshit.

Nevermind the schools are still a complete fucking joke as is the school board. Two schools have been shut down for mold, there's been multiple fires because the city just stopped doing any maintenance on the fire systems. School board held the budget up earlier this year trying to hold it hostage for raises. Favorite part of the school board is this **** Shonda Harris-Muhammed. She calls herself Doctor, so does the local news despite the fact that her college has come out publicly twice stating she doesn't have a doctorate from them. She's the hugest pain in the ass and holds up anything she can if she thinks it well net them more money by doing it.

This city would look like Baltimore or Detroit if it wasn't close enough to DC for a bunch of yuppie white liberals to move to and drive prices on everything through the roof.
At what point will people say enough with this crap? It continues to amaze me to be honest.

Something similar is going on around me, no end in sight with all the new taxes and devious other ways they are getting their greedy paws into our pockets.

As a single man with no kids I get to pay for all of this racket and other peoples crotch fruit - not that I will ever see any return on any of it. Robbed with no gun in sight is how just about any hardworking American has to feel like nowadays.

At what point will people say enough with this crap? It continues to amaze me to be honest.

Something similar is going on around me, no end in sight with all the new taxes and devious other ways they are getting their greedy paws into our pockets.

As a single man with no kids I get to pay for all of this racket and other peoples crotch fruit - not that I will ever see any return on any of it. Robbed with no gun in sight is how just about any hardworking American has to feel like nowadays.
I’m in the same boat and I feel like I’m creeping towards becoming a “sovereign citizen” because of it. Although that term is an oxymoron the point still stands. These taxes and systems are all far too overbearing at this point and I no longer wish to play.
A9137AFE-4EFC-45A8-9554-A30D29FC2FF1.jpeg

Nothing will change until people realize the retardedness in this sentence: "I'm a good American, I pay my taxes and (continue with other faux patriotic platitudes)".

You are literally robbed with a gun with taxation BTW. Don't pay your taxes and see what happens, what's even worse is inflation, the worst possible kind of taxation, we are paying the sins of the mismanagement of our money supply by unelected bureaucrats and bankers. Hell go read the Ukraine thread and try not to barf as the same people posting patriotic memes from the revolutionary war are the same ones championing multi billion dollar weapons packages to one of the most corrupt nations in Europe in a war we are not even directly (WINK) fighting.

Nothing will change until people realize the retardedness in this sentence: "I'm a good American, I pay my taxes and (continue with other faux patriotic platitudes)".

You are literally robbed with a gun with taxation BTW. Don't pay your taxes and see what happens, what's even worse is inflation, the worst possible kind of taxation, we are paying the sins of the mismanagement of our money supply by unelected bureaucrats and bankers. Hell go read the Ukraine thread and try not to barf as the same people posting patriotic memes from the revolutionary war are the same ones championing multi billion dollar weapons packages to one of the most corrupt nations in Europe in a war we are not even directly (WINK) fighting.
Its not that you are robbed.

Its that you aren't even seen or valued as a human by special interests and politicians that "manage" this country. And the elites above them?
You are nothing but a debt slave meat bag to them. How much useless shit can be hammered into your head in elementary, middle, and high school in hopes of you choosing to spend $125,000 on a basket weaving degree? Oh yeah, that debt can never be discharged under any circumstances for any reason, as long as you are alive.
Then you got pop culture trying to get you to buy the next latest and greatest thing. And you definitely should because Bimbo XYZ does. And, well, Bimbo XYZ sings songs and shows her butthole to crowds of thousands of people.
So you should definitely listen to her.
And the banks make it so easy. Who the fuck keeps interest rates low during times of exploding inflation?

Oh, yeah, then you gotta pay about 800 different types of taxes.

Because the Pelosi's need their cut of that high speed train.. And the big man gets 10%.

See, that's why you don't deserve any money. Because everyone else needs their cut.

Get to work.

Last edited:
Fighting inflation with free money.

It’s actually payed from a tax surplus, so technically not free.

Its not that you are robbed.

Its that you aren't even seen or valued as a human by special interests and politicians that "manage" this country. And the elites above them?
You are nothing but a debt slave meat bag to them. How much useless shit can be hammered into your head in elementary, middle, and high school in hopes of you choosing to spend $125,000 on a basket weaving degree? Oh yeah, that debt can never be discharged under any circumstances for any reason, as long as you are alive.
Then you got pop culture trying to get you to buy the next latest and greatest thing. And you definitely should because Bimbo XYZ does. And, well, Bimbo XYZ sings songs and shows her butthole to crowds of thousands of people.
So you should definitely listen to her.
And the banks make it so easy. Who the fuck keeps interest rates low during times of exploding inflation?

Oh, yeah, then you gotta pay about 800 different types of taxes.

Because the Pelosi's need their cut of that high speed train.. And the big man gets 10%.

See, that's why you don't deserve any money. Because everyone else needs their cut.

Get to work.
Your line of thinking isn’t too far from sovereign citizen thinking
D9D7834F-F58F-4897-8EE0-E8D31F879648.jpeg

Your line of thinking isn’t too far from sovereign citizen thinking
D9D7834F-F58F-4897-8EE0-E8D31F879648.jpeg
Just because we use the same vocabulary does not mean we believe the same thing. I am not aware enough of the "sovereign citizen" beliefs to lay claim to that line of thinking. I am aware of the kooks that claim that they do not need car insurance or a drivers liscense to operate a morer vehicle on public roadways. That usually gets a chuckle and a flip to the next video.
Not shitting on their parade. I'm sure I'd agree with a sovereign citizen on a lot. Many different people sense something is deeply flawed in this country, and has been for some time.

The WSJ has an article this morning warning young employees of the impending recession and mass layoffs, and explaining how the last 5-10 years of being able to be demanding employees is about over. I’ll try to find a decent link later when I’m on my laptop, it’s being stupid with my tablet.

Our oldest kid is 29, we have three between the ages of 21-29 and one in high school. I’ve been preaching to the oldest three to get settled in a job so they can ride out the storm.

Lol wtf

5 million barrels of oil from the us reserves were sent to Europe last month. This shoe is getting really sickening. When are we gonna tell Europe to get their own shit together.

Lol wtf

5 million barrels of oil from the us reserves were sent to Europe last month. This shoe is getting really sickening. When are we gonna tell Europe to get their own shit together.

We’ve always been cleaning up their messes. Bunch of lazy, worthless fucks over there.

Top Back Refresh