What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

The freight market is about to come to a grinding halt because freight rates are at their lowest in a bunch of years combined with the highest fuel we've ever had and companies are going belly up every day. Others are parking and refusing to haul. This is going to cascade into a huge backlog of cheap freight sitting which will lead to shortages and then a huge spike in prices.

Shit is about to go off the rails.

And why is that when you look around, everything costs a lot more than their 8.6%?
_nc_ohc=8LST2Gc7XtMAX_MdXHT&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.jpg

Because the government pics and chooses what (fake) numbers they want to include in their (fake) calculations.

If a+b+c+d = bad number… change the formula to be a+b+c and market how awesome things are

Whenever the tanks get low. He comes with a 3500 gallon truck so I pay a .15 premium for that. Would save that if they brought a full tanker load but I don’t want to pay for a full tanker load lol.

More of a psychological thing. I would rather pay 6 5k bills than a 30k one lol
Reminds me of when I use to smoke

Aint no way I am paying that much for a carton of cigs but I'll be here every day buying those same 10 a pack at a time for more total money :homer:

And why is that when you look around, everything costs a lot more than their 8.6%?
_nc_ohc=8LST2Gc7XtMAX_MdXHT&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.jpg
A bunch of stuff is subtracted out of the reported CPI so it looks better. Seriously. I just read an article that said CPI was 8.6, but if you remove A, B, and C it’s only 4%.

Last edited:
Looks like the voters in San Diego county have had enough of government fucking them.

DeMaio points to the Gas Tax as an example. Only 20% of funds collected via gas taxes have been spent anywhere near roads, according to an independent analysis of the CalTrans budget by former State Senator John Moorlach. Much of the funding promised for roads had been diverted to administrative costs and other projects.

What’s worse, says DeMaio, is that even if the funds from the tax proposal had gone entirely to transit instead of fixing the roads, it would have been a waste of taxpayer dollars.

Current statistics show that less than 2% of San Diego-area commuters use transit, and ridership has been declining for the past 20 years.

Just because somebody mentioned post WWII Germany and wheelbarrows a few pages back. Something my mom brought with her when she moved back to the states, post war.
Screenshot_20220617-213300_Gallery.jpg

The shitty part is I planned on semi-retiring July 1st at 59 1/2. My 401 is going to take a beating if I start pulling off of it right now.

The shitty part is I planned on semi-retiring July 1st at 59 1/2. My 401 is going to take a beating if I start pulling off of it right now.
It's not taking a beating now?
This year has cost me three years of gains so far. I just pulled it out last week to borrow for a real estate purchase and will reallocate the total in 60 days when I put it back. FJB

Now that everybody is on the "inflation" side of the boat, I'm moving to the "deflation" side of the boat, not "all in" but moving things around

If I had to guess, I'm thinking high mortgage rates and fuel prices are squeezing homebuyers, prices will fall some, but building will slow/ stall/ stop (but things in play that are funded will keep moving along.

Employment will tank

I think that tptb loaded up their hedge fund buddies with covid cash, so as single family residences come up for sale, big boys, institutional investors, will buy them for cash at say 80% before they fall to 50%, and turn them into rentals. They'll have the market cornered hard enough, and competing with high mortgage rates, they can hold rent rates high.

Food and fuel will stay expensive as there is a solid effort to destroy demand.

Stocks? Probably dump so that the little guys unload them and the big boys pick them up.

Then 2-10 years of stagflation, see Japan's "lost decade"

Then once the bankers and cronys have cornered all the assets, they print the usd to nothing.

more of the same, been seeing a lot of 7/1 and 7/15 increases cited.

fdgh.jpg
fdgh_1.jpg
fdgh_2.jpg
Thanks for posting these, it's real world data points that need to be seen good bad or ugly

Its getting close to $200 per cy in some areas now for 4000psi once you add in surcharges and enviro fees etc.

concrete block is about $3 for an 8x8x16 splitface.

#57 stone near $40 per ton

Commercial framing is $14-$16 sf

Sub prices on average are up about 30-40% from 2.5 yrs ago.

Now that everybody is on the "inflation" side of the boat, I'm moving to the "deflation" side of the boat, not "all in" but moving things around

If I had to guess, I'm thinking high mortgage rates and fuel prices are squeezing homebuyers, prices will fall some, but building will slow/ stall/ stop (but things in play that are funded will keep moving along.

Employment will tank

I think that tptb loaded up their hedge fund buddies with covid cash, so as single family residences come up for sale, big boys, institutional investors, will buy them for cash at say 80% before they fall to 50%, and turn them into rentals. They'll have the market cornered hard enough, and competing with high mortgage rates, they can hold rent rates high.

Food and fuel will stay expensive as there is a solid effort to destroy demand.

Stocks? Probably dump so that the little guys unload them and the big boys pick them up.

Then 2-10 years of stagflation, see Japan's "lost decade"

Then once the bankers and cronys have cornered all the assets, they print the usd to nothing.

And the left leaning who worship the EU (and think we should be more like them) finally get their wish...

So when does steel tank? I've got some minor building projects I've been putting off because 6" c-purlin is priced like it's 1.75 dom.

:confused:
A year??? That’s how long I’d bet cement, steel, and home prices are adjusting

So when does steel tank? I've got some minor building projects I've been putting off because 6" c-purlin is priced like it's 1.75 dom.

Probably won't. China is going to unleash a massive economic stimulus infrastructure project. It should keep steel high, because even if they aren't buying it will keep exports to a minimum. Input costs are high right now too due to coal shortages, which won't likely abate.

But I don't know, it might in 9 months to a year if the China demand isn't enough.

No shit! Just paid about $65/foot for some 3"x .211 DOM. That surprised me

I’m no economist, but I’m not looking at anything and thinking that it will be cheaper in the future.

The only exception is fuel, and I say that because we have all seen the price changes there from 2008-now.

I’m no economist, but I’m not looking at anything and thinking that it will be cheaper in the future.

The only exception is fuel, and I say that because we have all seen the price changes there from 2008-now.

People were saying that 2009/2010 conditions would be the norm forever. People were saying that the 2019 conditions would be the norm forever. People were saying that the 'Rona building/housing bubble would be the norm forever.

While the nominal prices will never go back down once the inflation thing eases wages will catch up and prices will drop relatively speaking. No telling when that will be though.

Top Back Refresh